[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Miami Heat

thecerwin

I doubt I'll watch another NBA game on TV ever again. The officiating in games 5 and 6 made Bill Leavy and his crew look good. They constantly protected Shaq, and bailed out Wade. Don't get me wrong, Wade is a great player, but when they are constanlty bailing him out on these drives, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. In game 5 he got to the line more than the entire Mavericks team did. Can anyone honestly say that Dirk fouled Wade when the refs bailed him out with less than a minute to go and the game on the line? I may go to some games just to take in the expereince, but I think I may have watched my last televised NBA game.

This is NBA tradition and no reason to think it would change for this series, and other historical series have been more abhorrent. If Cuban would have zipped it, things would have been reffed different last night.

I doubt I'll watch another NBA game on TV ever again. The officiating in games 5 and 6 made Bill Leavy and his crew look good. They constantly protected Shaq, and bailed out Wade. Don't get me wrong, Wade is a great player, but when they are constanlty bailing him out on these drives, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. In game 5 he got to the line more than the entire Mavericks team did. Can anyone honestly say that Dirk fouled Wade when the refs bailed him out with less than a minute to go and the game on the line? I may go to some games just to take in the expereince, but I think I may have watched my last televised NBA game.

i had no rooting interest in either team....but come on like Dirk didnt get away with a push off or 2

in the end it came down to the fact that Dallas(the superiour team) played without heart or fire...something that the Heat had(be it mostly from Wade)...on another note god help the NBA if Miami learns how to make Foul Shots

First congratulations to the heat and heat fans.

I’m glad that the bulls gave the heat the hardest time in the whole playoffs. The bulls won 2 games, and the 2 other that were close they lost because they are young and they chocked under pressure in the final minutes of 2 games.

for that first series, the bulls AVG. was 98.3 PPG and the heat was 101.3 PPG

wade avg. points per game were only 24.6 and shaq had 10.8 PPG

next year the bulls get 2 of the top 16 picks, and paxon has proved he knows how to pick players in the draft. and they will have about 15 MIL to spend on just about any star they want.

you hear it here first, the bulls will be the 2007 NBA eastern conference champs. :D

Like I said in the other thread:

No excuses, My Mavs choked in game 3, played timid in game 4 and got blew out, and didnt have the fire to finish in game 5, regardless how that game was officiated. Dallas was blowing the Heat out early in game 6, then stopped driving to the rim after they got rejected a few times. But part of that was their own fault as well. When you attack the rim, you dont do it half ass, or leave the angle for the shotblocker to get in there. Wade and Zo both had blocks the Mavs could have avoided, if they attacked the rim, instead of just drove to the basket and tried to bank it off the backboard of float it over the top.

Im a very happy Mavs fan regardless. This team has alot of class, doesnt have punks on its roster like Gary Payton, and plays the game hard 99% of the time. Avery Johnson is going to be a great coach, but his motivation techniques didnt work as well as Riley's. I do fear that the Western Conference is so tough Dallas might never get back to this stage again. Phoenix was without Amare, and got to the WCF, San Antonio is still a young team with Duncan, Gino, and Parker, and the Clippers are also a rising team. Dallas has depth few teams have, but over the long haul can they keep this whole roster together, while allowing Howard, Harris and Daniels more time to develop. As much as I love terry, Dallas needs a 2 guard that can attack and get to the FT line. Terry is a streaky shooter and a great asset, but Id rather see him coming off the bench with Stackhouse and Daniels, than starting. Is there another Dwyane Wade out there for my Mavs. That seems to be exactly what they need, someone to force teams to play Dirk honest, and not double and triple team him. But until Dirk learns he must continue to attack when his jump shot isnt falling, Im not sure this team will win a title.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

First congratulations to the heat and heat fans.

I’m glad that the bulls gave the heat the hardest time in the whole playoffs. The bulls won 2 games, and the 2 other that were close they lost because they are young and they chocked under pressure in the final minutes of 2 games.

for that first series, the bulls AVG. was 98.3 PPG and the heat was 101.3 PPG

wade avg. points per game were only 24.6 and shaq had 10.8 PPG

next year the bulls get 2 of the top 16 picks, and paxon has proved he knows how to pick players in the draft. and they will have about 15 MIL to spend on just about any star they want.

you hear it here first, the bulls will be the 2007 NBA eastern conference champs. :D

YES :D

:D

Edited by Goopster24

I am a fan of both teams but found myself rooting for the Heat early on in the series. I never understood why the analysts were saying Avery Johnson was a better coach than Pat Riley. :D Riley kept Miami poised and focused after absolutely being dominated in the first two games.

I dislike Gary Payton, very much. A cancer on a team nowadays, no doubt.

While I feel the warrior moniker is thrown around much too flippantly, 'Zo has incredible heart. I'm glad he got a ring.

I've grown to really like Shaq over the years. I'm glad he got a ring without Kobe.

The Mavs need some fire in their belly.