[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Head Coach

Menudo

I just wonder what you'll do if you meet the Steelers in the Super Bowl. I'm guessing you won't be able to bring yourself to beating them even if you can. The fix will be in. :D

:D spends too much time here to have time for cool games.

Started my actual franchise with the Saints. I just finished my first pre-season game. I have not simmed anything, so I've logged a lot of hours. Won my pre-season game against the Titans 24-3. 2 TD passes from Matt Leinhart to Donte Stallworth, one for 93 yards. Defense came up with 5 interceptions against McNair.

I'm absolutely loving this game. However, I'm concerned that it might end up too easy after that 1st game. I read that the game is interception-happy, and I got 5 in the 1st game. The 5 minutes is just a bit too little. I had the ball a lot more than the Titans and McAllister ended with 19 carries, Bettis had 7, Antowain Smith had 4. Leinhart was 10 of 19 passing. You just can't get enough plays in on 5 minutes to make it realistic for number of snaps.

The game has been so much fun so far, but, I am worried that if it is too easy, it will get old fast.

Bettis with 7 carries for the Saints? Couldn't stay away could you? :D

I think its laughable that Priest Holmes is 15 attribute points higher than LJ, and you can't modify the rosters at all... If im a saints fan, I have to trade an arm and a leg for Brees...

Also, i'm playing with the packers and I can't get AJ Hawk because he goes to Houston every time. I would have liked the game more if they would have started out after the draft...

I understand its the first year, so this is something they can build upon, but this is definatley lacking...

I'm not a fan of the interface as far as the depth charts and viewing free agents and what not... I've had it since Thursday, and I'd have to give it a 6/10

I like this game, but it definitely isn't for everyone. I'm not a fan of the interface either, I thought it was very confusing at first. I alos wish the in-game interface worked the same as madden without having to pull up a menu. And the load times are pretty bad and really slow the game down. I also get tired of running the same exact one-on-one drills every week. There need to be more (any) injuries...if I run my 1st team HB out on every drill, let me overwork him and have him twist an ankle or something. I haven't seen that yet.

And yes, the inital draft is very unrealistic. Cogong (sp?, the DE the Eagles drafted) has a higher initial rating than Mario Williams. And Bush fell to #7, at which point I traded up for him. I'm leading the Lions...I made a trade for Kellen Clemens (who (a) is black in this game and (:D went #14 overall to the Eagles, ahead of Cutler and Young)...it HAS been fun watching him get better. I've coached the boy up pretty well and actually started him week 1. I didn't lose a preseason game and beat the Seahawks week 1, so I'm concerned it won't be difficult enough either.

The rating system is interesting and I like it better than Madden. Guys ratings fluctuate depending on how much work they get in practice. Also you only know the rating of guys on your own team and a range for everyone else until you scout them, which makes talent evaluation (for rookies and vets alike) much more realistic. And the game puts a premium on certain positions like QB when trading. To get the 68 rated Clemens, I had to give up an 88 rated Mike Williams (why he's so high, who knows).

Calling the game without playing is a bit weird but fun. The computer typically runs the plays correctly, though if you have bad players, it gets ugly. And there is satisfaction in called a run play and seeing Reggie Bush rip off an 80 yarder. All in all, I'd give this a 7 of 10 so far. It takes a LOT of hours to even get to the regular season, though, we'll see how it goes from here.

I'm loving this game but I agree with you guys about the negatives. I really like how the Madden interface works. I really like how I can access everything in Madden basically whenever I want on in one place. I hate how I am limited on making a certain number of changes for the Office hour and for Signing players, etc. I picked the Packers to coach and drafted Reggie Bush at #5. On a side note I made a bunch of good trades, signings, etc. and then the game froze without me being able to save it. I was pissed I went all the way back to just after the draft when I had been playing in the preseason games. I beat the Chargers in my 1st game 38-20 and I did noticed as Menudo stated there were alot of ints I think 5 or 6. Favre threw 2 and Brees threw 3 or 4.

Just started a career as the Saints coach. I played non-stop from about 4PM to 9PM. I love the game. I'm not even to the pre-season yet. Traded down and took Leinhart in the draft, too tired to explain anymore of it, but, I'm loving it.

Are you going to make him wear a simulated helmet when he rides his sim bike? Or a sim condom when he bangs his sim Hilton?

Going to agree there are definetly some low points. You have to really love doing the offseason stuff in Madden to enjoy this game. But I do.

As for the rookie player rankings, that also depends on how well you scout them before the draft.

Me personally? I resigned then traded Woodson to the Texans along with a 5th round pick for #1, then traded my second, third and Ron Stone to the Packers for #5. I came out of the draft with Hawk at 1, Mario Williams at 5, and Vince Young at the Raider's 7. Very pleased, heh.

Then continued to sign Reggie Wayne, who was not resigned by the Colts.

The way the player stats/ratings system works is each player has a range. The better the player, the higher the range, and smaller. An example would be Randy Moss' range is 85-99, meaning at worst with no practice at all, the worst he can be is 85, however someone like Lamont Jordan's range is 68-92; meaning you have to specifically work him in practice to keep it high. Where as someone like Moss, you don't have to worry as much about, and can simply throw him afew balls a week to keep him legit. The hard part is you have to do this for each player on a weekly basis to get them as high as possible. So you can choose to swap out practices for one another depending on how much you need a specific practice for a certain group of players.

I also find the "Motivation" to be quite hard. My coach is a strategist, offensive minded coach. But still, if you try to motivate positivly or negatively with any player, their rating goes down. So take note, if you aren't a motivator, don't even bother.

It was also a pain the first few hours I played to try and get my playbook set up, because you can only do two moves per office hour. (Remove one play, add another and you're done)

But once you get a handle on it, its easy becaue of the overwhelming amount of office hours.

I'll be starting the season soon, so looking forward to that.

Overall, from a huge Madden Offseason fan, I love it. And its great because you can also import your teams to Madden 07. I give it two :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Menudo or anyone else that has played the game for awhile......any updates?? I figured I would let a few of you try it out a little more in depth and get some feedback before I decided whether or not to buy it. So any thing else......positive or negative?

Will never buy it because I like Madden to much but a rent is a possibilty... Thanks for riminding me about it though saw a commerical a few weeks back. :D

Probably the worst game I've ever played the graphics are terrible, everything takes to long, and I'm sick of all the Lombardi quotes over and over again. I just couldn't believe it was really this bad. I couldn't even get through one season before I said "no" to the game. It's just to boring and the games are very similar to Total Control Simulation in Madden. It's a wierd spin to NFL Superstar that I think went way wrong. Unless you really want to be intense as a coach I wouldn't touch it. :D:D:D

Edited by broncosn05