[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Line-up

alexgaddis

Forwards - LeBron James, Terrell owens

Midfielders - Ladanian Tomlinson, Dewayne Wade, Larry Fitzgerald, Steve Smith

Defense - Roy Williams, A.J. Hawk, Antoine Winfield, Allen Iverson

Goalie - Kevin Garnett

Thats how you win a world cup...

(I am assuming of course they all played soccer growing up instead of their respective sports...)

:D Now that is funny- what a waste though, You imagine those unreal athetes playing soccer??? :D

No way- would be a complete waste of their talents- soccer is a limited, niche sport- which is why it is played by 3rd tier athletes in the US.

I bet alot of those guys played it very young, and then went to fball, bball- and where :D damn,

forget that game where you can't use your hands.

World Cup is an awesome event but soccer blows

:D Now that is funny- what a waste though, You imagine those unreal athetes playing soccer??? :D

No way- would be a complete waste of their talents- soccer is a limited, niche sport- which is why it is played by 3rd tier athletes in the US.

I bet alot of those guys played it very young, and then went to fball, bball- and where :D damn,

:D

Soccer is definitely not one of my favorite sports but I respect the atheltic ability of soccer players no doubt. 3rd tier athletes in the US? Yeah right, give me a break. Soccer players are the best conditioned athletes in the world. And the physical nature of soccer is so underrated too.

Yer a Megan Foxbag

Not fishing at all- I was being kind with 3rd tier, it is probably lower than that.

oh yeah I forgot Landon Donovan went with soccer, otherwise he would be in MLB, NFL, etc- save it.

Well conditioned, that is about it- will give em that they are well conditioned- physical?? :D softest athetes out there- flopping every chance they get.

trust, me- my hs team won state, 3 guys played pro soccer- good athletes, but the reality is they played soccer b/c they couldn't cut it in the major h.s. sports- nothing personal- alex gladys, but soccer is and always will be a niche sport in the US- that is reality.

Not fishing at all- I was being kind with 3rd tier, it is probably lower than that.

oh yeah I forgot Landon Donovan went with soccer, otherwise he would be in MLB, NFL, etc- save it.

Well conditioned, that is about it- will give em that they are well conditioned- physical?? :D softest athetes out there- flopping every chance they get.

trust, me- my hs team won state, 3 guys played pro soccer- good athletes, but the reality is they played soccer b/c they couldn't cut it in the major h.s. sports- nothing personal- alex gladys, but soccer is and always will be a niche sport in the US- that is reality.

I don't disagree with the idea that soccer will always be a niche sport in the US. I for the most part totally agree with that.

I think it's pretty hard to say one athlete should be able to play ANY sport out there. Can all MLB players play in the NFL? Can all NFL players play in the MLB? Exactly.

And no I don't trust you; my high school soccer team was pretty frickin' good and those guys could have played any sport they wanted to. It's all about SPECIALIZING.

The question as always comes back to what exactly is meant by athletic ability? What is the definition of that?

The point is that its true, the best athletes don't play soccer in America, makes it hard to compete with the countries who's premier athletes DO play soccer

Can you blame our country's athletes though? Obviously the popularity lies with sports such as basketball, football, and soccer, and same with the money.

Fixed x 2

Hell, marathon runners are better conditioned than Soccer players.

Wrestling is no doubt underrated. I have tons of respect for wrestling as one of my good friends was a wrestler in high school.

Soccer is a marathon compared to sports such as basketball or baseball. Of course marathon runners are conditioned beyond belief.

I think Boxers are the most conditioned athletes in the world

That is on the money. Boxing is grueling- no doubt. Hard to quanitfy best athete- if I had to pick the best combo of speed, strength, agility, hand eye coordination, etc. I would probably go with NFL RB, WR, LB, DB, in no particular order- those guys are unreal across the board.

And I agree on specializing, to a point. but- you see alot of guys nowdays going 2 way- to me those guys are sick athletes, and it always involves basketball/baseball/football- b/c they are the most well, rounded, skilled athletes- kind of an obvious statement, but whatever.

I think soccer is excellent for kids, no question.

And I agree on specializing, to a point. but- you see alot of guys nowdays going 2 way- to me those guys are sick athletes, and it always involves basketball/baseball/football- b/c they are the most well, rounded, skilled athletes- kind of an obvious statement, but whatever.

Who? Jeff Samardzija doesn't count....

Again, basketball, baseball, and football is where the money lies. Soccer and hockey have nothing on them.