[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper League

We give up 1 round higher than the players draft position the previous year for each keeper. We can keep up to 3 but this year you must keep at least 1 keeper.

I drafted LJ 7th round 2005 Will keep for a 6th round 2006 (No Brainer)

S.Moss 9th round 2005 will keep for a 8th round 2006

Keys: I have 2 picks in the 4th round and there is nobody else on my team worth keeping. trust me!!

12 Team League and I have also have the 4th over all pick 1:04 which would give me:

1st rd

2nd rd

3rd rd

4th rd

4th rd

5th rd

I'll have a total of 5 picks before any of my keepers.

The question is should I also keep Jake Plummer drafted 6th round 2005 for a 5th round 2006???? :D Or do I keep the 2 and draft?

Also What would be your moveduring the draft? RB WR RB WR QB....OR what would you do for the first 5 picks? Thanks

plummer is perfectly acceptable as a 5th round pick. the question is do you want him on your team? if you have the opportunity to snag a better quarterback prior to the 5th round, then you are tied up that round with yet another quarterback. i don't like plummer this season, so i would turn him loose.

as far as your strategy, that will all depend on how the draft goes. the most i could recommend is that you get the best RB you can with that 1st pick and then see what comes to you after that.

Edited by tonorator

it seems that in your league, assuming that a handful of qb's will be kept, plummer for a 5th isn't terrible value. it all depends on how many qb's you think will be kept. if a bunch will be, then it might be wise for you to keep plummer so you don't have to spend a high pick to get a decent qb. on the other hand, if there will be a bunch in the player pool, you could probably just keep that pick and find one in the draft. especially one that may be more serviceable for an extended amount of time then plummer.

DO NOT KEEP PLUMMER.

On to your draft strategy. Depending on what is there at 1.04 I don't automatically go with RB. If you have the choice between Cedric Benson and Reggie Wayne, you have to take Reggie Wayne. Don't limit yourself by a position in each round, you need to take the best value. I think you could get Rhodes or Samkon Gado in the 2nd for your RB2.

OK this was my first 3 picks

1 RD Duece (Hurt last year Bush this year)

2 RD Rudi Johnson

3 RD M. Harrison

I'm confused. Why isn't Rudi Johnson (who's a Top Ten RB on most draft boards) worth keeping even if you have to surrender a 1st rounder? Are you in a position where you're somehow assured of getting SA, LT2, Portis, Edge, or Tiki? With Rudi and LJ, you would probably have the best RB tandem in your league.

Edited by tomfin2000

I agree that LJ & RUDI would make a nice pair, but I see I left out an important point. You can only keep 1 player per position other wise your call would be great.

We can only keep one player per position. And Free Agents count as 9th rounds pick so I'd have to give up a 8th round to keep a FA.

below is my full 18 man roster. (Decuce is on IR so it's 19 total to pick from.)

1.07 Deuce McAllister

2.09 Rudi Johnson

3.04 Marvin Harrison

4.09 Laveranues Coles

5.04 Kevan Barlow

6.09 Jake Plummer

7.04 Larry Johnson

8.09 ATL DEF

9.04 Santana Moss

After that on my roster is:

Mark Brunell FA

Brandon Jacobs 13.10

Adrian Peterson FA

Braylon Edwards 12.09

Troy Williamson 10.06

Jermaine Wiggins 11.04

John Kasay FA

Rian Lindell 16.09

Cowboys DEF 13.04

Vikings DEF 12.04

I would drop Plumber

Draft a RB in the 1st,

WR in the 2nd & 3rd

and with the two 4ths and 5th grab a QB better than Plumber and the best Rbs and WRs on the board.

I would also keep Brunell for an 8th while I'm at it.

I think I would keep Plummer for a 5th round pick. Under your keeper rules, the odds are pretty good that quite a few QBs will be protected, so I doubt you would do much better in terms of value. Since 24 to 36 players will be kept, it would be like drafting him in the 7th or 8th round of a redraft league which is pretty much where he should go.

If you see a better QB and are in a position to make a move during the draft, then you can either trade him later or keep him as a quality backup. Either way, you have the flexiblity, plus you won't be in a position where you HAVE to draft a QB earlier than you like if there's a run on them during the first few rounds of your draft.

Edited by tomfin2000

I agree with tomfin, I would keep Plummer for the 5th round pick. He could have a good year with Walker on board.

As for your picks: 1st-RB, 2nd&3rd-WR and 4th&4th-QB/RB/TE/WR- QB if there is one better than Plummer, RB if not. TE if it is required and you can get one of the top 4, WR or RB if not.

Well, you can keep up to three players, but only one player per position.

The penalty is that you have to give up a draft pick one round higher than the player you're keeping.

Odds are that the QBs that went in the first five rounds of your draft last year included Manning, C-Pep, McNabb, Green, Bulger, and Farve. Out of all of those QBs, Manning is the only one that wasn't a disapointment. So he'll probably be the only one kept since the rest will cost their owners at least a 4th round pick.

The guys that weren't a disapointment last season probably came relatively cheap in the 5th round and later: Brady, Hasselbeck, Palmer, Eli, Plummer, Bledsoe, Warner, Delhomme etc. So the odds are pretty good that most of those guys will be kept unless the owner also has an elite TE on his roster since they will only cost their owners a 4th round pick or less.

So you're probably looking at guys like McNabb, Bulger, C-Pep, Green, Farve, and Vick. Bulger and McNabb will probably go in the first three rounds. C-Pep will probably go in the fourth or fifth round. Maybe even higher if he looks good in the preseason.

So what do you think? Can you get a better QB than Plummer in the 5th? Are you willing to pull the triger on McNabb in the 3rd or roll the dice on Daunte in the 4th or 5th? Do you want to swap him out for one of the other QBs that will likely be available in the 5th round and later?

It's your call, and you know your league better than we do, but if you give up Plummer, I think you're taking a chance of getting aced out of having a legitimate starting QB.

Edited by tomfin2000

Well, you can keep up to three players, but only one player per position.

The penalty is that you have to give up a draft pick one round higher than the player you're keeping.

Odds are that the QBs that went in the first five rounds of your draft last year included Manning, C-Pep, McNabb, Green, Bulger, and Farve. Out of all of those QBs, Manning is the only one that wasn't a disapointment. So he'll probably be the only one kept since the rest will cost their owners at least a 4th round pick.

The guys that weren't a disapointment last season probably came relatively cheap in the 5th round and later: Brady, Hasselbeck, Palmer, Eli, Plummer, Bledsoe, Warner, Delhomme etc. So the odds are pretty good that most of those guys will be kept unless the owner also has an elite TE on his roster since they will only cost their owners a 4th round pick or less.

So you're probably looking at guys like McNabb, Bulger, C-Pep, Green, Farve, and Vick. Bulger and McNabb will probably go in the first three rounds. C-Pep will probably go in the fourth or fifth round. Maybe even higher if he looks good in the preseason.

So what do you think? Can you get a better QB than Plummer in the 5th? Are you willing to pull the triger on McNabb in the 3rd or roll the dice on Daunte in the 4th or 5th? Do you want to swap him out for one of the other QBs that will likely be available in the 5th round and later?

It's your call, and you know your league better than we do, but if you give up Plummer, I think you're taking a chance of getting aced out of having a legitimate starting QB.

Now that was a good word to the wise, and I really have to thank you for that. I think you maybe on to something it all will be up to who's kept by other owners and Manning is the only one down so far. We don't have to select keepers unitl 3 weeks before the draft so we will see. Thanks