[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

When to draft

cmutts

I wanted to put this out there and see what the board felt. I have Moats on my bench and will more than likely release him prior to the draft. 12 team league, 3 keepers per team, nobody drafted in the first 4 rounds can be kept. If I did keep him he would cost me a 12th round pick. Scoring is 1 pt every 10 yards rush/rec and 6 pt td's. Moats had a couple of great games last year and Westbrook cant stay healthy for a full season. What kind of numbers do you think he will put up and where do you think he would be drafted?

He surely has more value in a dynasty format, but in redraft I think you'll be able to get him late. As to how late not sure. You'll just have to keep an eye on your draft and decide when's the right time to pluck him. I would say though that you should still have a shot at him in round 12. Maybe even later depending on the roster size of your league.

This is on the NFL Fantasy Post:

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports Philadelphia Eagles RB Brian Westbrook could line up at wide receiver more than he has in previous seasons due to the lack of proven wide receivers on the team and the presence of RB Ryan Moats. Westbrook is expected to catch a sizable number of passes and become more of a multi-dimensional weapon for the 2006 season.

Any changes in Moats value now if this is trye?

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports Philadelphia Eagles RB Brian Westbrook could line up at wide receiver more than he has in previous seasons due to the lack of proven wide receivers on the team and the presence of RB Ryan Moats. Westbrook is expected to catch a sizable number of passes and become more of a multi-dimensional weapon for the 2006 season.

No.

#1, when has Schefter said anything that was true?

#2, when have the Eagles NOT had a "lack of proven wide receivers on the team"?

The answers to both queries is NEVER.

So, why would Westbrook start lining up as a receiver now? And how often is it really going to happen? Once, maybe twice a game?

It's post-mini-camp, pre-training camp. The coaches are on vacation, the players are at home, the media is making candied yams up.

Don't overreact to anything you read before July 15th.

Maybe. If the Saints line Bush up all over the field the Eagles may try the same with Westbrook and Moats could get a few carries and passes. I doubt if he'll e valuable unless Westbrook gets hurt and then Moats didn't do well last year when hemmed in.

I picked him as my last(6th RB).

After the starters, he'd be among the first 'Backs I would take. I think Philadelphia will utilize an attack, more similar to the '03 eagles. I see Moats seeing action all season. Not enough to start, but very good for a backup, and will be great when, (not if), Westbrook goes down.