[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WR Rank

Going into my draft here are my top 15 WR's. Are any of them way too high or way too low and why? Anyone missing from your top 15 that you would add? THANKS!!

1-S.Smith

2-CJ

3-T.O

4-Djax

5-L.Fitz

6-T.Holt

7-Boldin

8-R.Moss

9-C.Chambers

10-H.Ward

11-J.Galloway

12-M.Harrison

13-R.Wiliams

14-R.Wayne

15-S.Moss

1 pt every 10 yards Rec. 7 pt TD if over 50, 6 otherwise. No pts per catch

Going into my draft here are my top 15 WR's. Are any of them way too high or way too low and why? Anyone missing from your top 15 that you would add? THANKS!!

1-S.Smith

2-CJ

3-T.O

4-Djax - high as a kite

5-L.Fitz

6-T.Holt

7-Boldin

8-R.Moss

9-C.Chambers

10-H.Ward - might be too high IMO

11-J.Galloway - high as a kite

12-M.Harrison - too low

13-R.Wiliams

14-R.Wayne

15-S.Moss

everything other than what is in bold looks about right....you may have missed a couple players like Donald Driver and a few others...but barring a movement of a few players up or down a spot or 2....I only highlighted the ones that were crazy.....

I agree with Avernus on DJax, Harrison, and Galloway.

I still see Harrison as one of the top 7 or 8 WRs. I'm not sure why everyone is dropping him so far down on their cheatsheets. He's still one of the safest WR1s on the board.

I'm a big fan of DJax, but I would still have to put him outside the Top 10. When healthy, he's the model of consistency. He give you either 100 yards or a TD on most outings and that's nothing to take for granted. However, he won't win you a game almost single-handedly the way most of the other Tier 1 WRs will.

Galloway has trived in Gruden's system, and while injuries are always a concern with him, he doesn't have the wear and tear that a lot of WRs his age do. I can see him being a solid WR2 for the next couple of seasons. However, I don't think it gets any better than last season, so without any real upside to improve on those numbers, it's hard to rank him in the top 15.

I disagree with Avernus on Hines Ward. I think he's the top Tier 2 WR once the Tier 1 WRs are off the board and I still like him better than Chambers due to his consistency. He always finds a way to get points for his owners.

Other than that, I think we're all on the same page more or less.

I think that Hines Ward is too low as well, and Santana Moss is too low. Dexter Jackson is way too high. Marvin Harrison is right where he belongs at this point I believe given his injury status and also considering his age somewhat too. Galloway is probably OK around 11. Derrick Mason probably belongs on this list too. He should be ahead of R. Williams at any rate.

Edited by Crazysight

I agree with Avernus on DJax, Harrison, and Galloway.

I still see Harrison as one of the top 7 or 8 WRs. I'm not sure why everyone is dropping him so far down on their cheatsheets. He's still one of the safest WR1s on the board.

I'm a big fan of DJax, but I would still have to put him outside the Top 10. When healthy, he's the model of consistency. He give you either 100 yards or a TD on most outings and that's nothing to take for granted. However, he won't win you a game almost single-handedly the way most of the other Tier 1 WRs will.

I have Harrison down due to R.Wayne/Stoke/Clark and NO Edge, he is solid, I just think he slips a bit this year. Agree Djax is too high, I have had Hasselbeck the last three years so that might be why I like him??

This is just my first run at WR's I just wanted to get some help on who I was missing and it looks like I need to get back to work and look atr some more stats!! Thanks for the insight!!

I think that Hines Ward is too low as well, and Santana Moss is too low. Dexter Jackson is way too high. Marvin Harrison is right where he belongs at this point I believe given his injury status and also considering his age somewhat too. Galloway is probably OK around 11. Derrick Mason probably belongs on this list too. He should be ahead of R. Williams at any rate.

when was Harrison hurt?...I agree on what you said about Mason...

Galloway should be around 30th..

Driver should be top 10.

What does Dexter Jackson have to do with this? I do agree with what you were trying to say in that Darrel Jackson would be lower on my board.

I think Harrison needs to be ranked higher. I agree with randall that Driver needs to be on this list.

Ward is too high. IMO very rarely should a Steelers receiver ever be top 10.

1-S.Smith

2-CJ

3-T.O

4-Djax

5-L.Fitz

6-T.Holt

7-Boldin

8-R.Moss

9-C.Chambers

10-H.Ward

11-J.Galloway

12-M.Harrison

13-R.Wiliams

14-R.Wayne

15-S.Moss

DJax Should be around 10-12

Driver should be about 10

Galloway off the list

Harrison higher

Roy W. lower

Ward at 15

I like Holt top 3 and Boldin over Fitz but thats just me

"when was Harrison hurt?" He's rehabbing from multiple offseason surgeries to his elbow and wrist on what I believe is his dominant arm.

The Dexter Jackson bit is called a typo. Of course I meant Darrell. If he would ever stay healthy he would be fine at that spot, but that hasn't been the case in recent years.

In my league last year Santana Moss finished 4th overall among receivers so I think he's definitely worthy of a higher spot in that list. Ward only finished 11th. I'd thought he had done better than that but I guess not. He still deserves the respect though due to the other factors that he has going for him: is in the prime of his career, is consistent, is rarely injured, and may be the only decent receiving option in Pittsburgh this year (though I suppose that could backfire if he faces a lot of double-teams). In 2003 Hines Ward actually finished 5th overall among WRs in my league, even though he was only 11th last year and was as low as number 26 when Roethlisberger's was a rookie. On second analysis I'd say that he probably belongs around 10-12, which is right where you have him.

Edited by Crazysight

In my league last year Santana Moss finished 4th overall among receivers so I think he's definitely worthy of a higher spot in that list. Ward only finished 11th. I'd thought he had done better than that but I guess not. He still deserves the respect though due to the other factors that he has going for him: is in the prime of his career, is consistent, is rarely injured, and may be the only decent receiving option in Pittsburgh this year (though I suppose that could backfire if he faces a lot of double-teams). In 2003 Hines Ward actually finished 5th overall among WRs in my league, even though he was only 11th last year and was as low as number 26 when Roethlisberger's was a rookie. On second analysis I'd say that he probably belongs around 10-12, which is right where you have him.

my only argument is that he has more competition and more people crying for the ball because they just got paid and they want their ego to match it....

plus I'd like to see Moss do that 2 years in a row....

although being from the 'U' does help his cause for being ranked higher...

Why doesn't anyone like Santana Moss?

he's real smallish....

people bring up Steve Smith in this argument, but Steve Smith is extra special....Moss doesn't play Smith's style of ball and rare receivers do...especially of his size....

Moss doesn't go over the middle much either......I mean, he might...but his plays all come from going deep....

I would like to see him do what he did one more season before granting him a top 10 ranking given his past of only one real good season prior to last years...

I do not like him because the numbers he puts up are on 3/4 catches. He goes for 130yds on 3 catches, yes he has the ability to score at any time, but I would rather have a guy catching 7-9 balls a game.

it iscalled consistency: When you catch only 3 -5 ballmost games you can kill people in the playoff weeks of 14-16.

Moss, Santana WAS WR 286.0 13.6 32.9 B 14.7 19.6 39.3 22.2 7.4 15.1 11.9 9.3 17.7 8.8 12.6 9.6 39.0 12.3

These are his numbers in a HP league - total, then by week last season. Trying to get into the playoffs week 13 8.8 points, week 14 and 15 the first 2 weeks of the playoffs 12.6 and 9.6. Now if somehow you survived those weeks with him you were great in the championship game with 39.0 points.

1-S.Smith

2-CJ To High; Palmer ??? Could miss 4-5 weeks

3-T.O

4-Djax Way To High (25th or lower; Knees)

5-L.Fitz

6-T.Holt Top 3 WR

7-Boldin

8-R.Moss Healthy and has a QB with the best deep ball in the business

9-C.Chambers

10-H.Ward

11-J.Galloway M. Clayton, Healthy; will steal receptions this year

12-M.Harrison

13-R.Wiliams Mike Martz Offense

14-R.Wayne To low; Going to be #1 in Indy this year

15-S.Moss

I Rank Them Like This:

1- T.O. Personally I don't like him but he will play lights out this year

2- R. Moss

3- T. Holt Linehan makes stars out of WR's (See C. Chambers last year)

4- S. Smith

5- A. Boldin

6- R. Wayne Will be #1 WR in Indy this year

7- P. Burris Eli getting more comfortable in NY

8- L. Fitzgerald

9- C. Johnson

10- Roy Williams

11- H. Ward

12- D. Driver J. Walker gone; Pack will get behind in a lot of games and throw a lot

13- M. Harrison Older and more injury prone

14- C. Chambers

15- J. Walker Don't forget him - He's working out and looking good

Hope this gives you more food for thought.

Holt should be a little higher (I have him at #3). He has been consistently good for a few years now.

D Jax has no business being up in the top 5, not yet at least. I have him at about #10-12.

I agree with those who have expressed doubts about Santana Moss' position in the top 15. I'm still skeptical of what he will do this year.

My reasoning for PLAX being rated that high

The Giants Defense is real strong this year. Thus giving the ball over to the offense much much more. That means more opportunities for the whole offense.

I see where you're coming from but it Burris after all. If the Giants Def. is really that much improved they may play more conservative and need to pass less. Plaxico is due to blow up soon and not in a good way. DJax at 25 or lower is too low unless you are counting on missing games(mistake IMO).