[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Official Mock #4

DMD

thought about Jones at 20 but as we need 3 WR figured I'd better get at least one top tier WR. Holt and Fitz both went so settled on Moss. Then debated on Jones again but figured I coudl wait on a RB as no upside on what was left.

debated between Manning and Gates. Went Gates as he is best TE and QB is deep this year. Could have gone another WR...

I was hoping Gates would slip to me in a 10 team....

I was wrong...

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hoping Gates would slip to me in a 10 team....

I was wrong...

Normally he should have, but there are too many RB :D around here :D

i like kj this season ... i debated taking another WR after fitz but i figured the RBs would be heavily depleted by the time it comes back ... i was not going to go gates - i need to see him a season with rivers first.

I still don't trust the Lions offense. Martz has never used RB's correctly.

I figure Gates did well when Brees was just an ave QB and Rivers will be looking to him as a safety valve. He may not get the big yards but should have high number of catches and TD's. :D

3.07 - Reggie Wayne

Optimist - James is gone, Harrison is a year older, Wayne is becoming the focal point of the high-powered Colt offense.

Pessimist - I could hardly believe that Manning, Gates, AND all 8 tier 1 WR's were gone.

Even with QB TDs counting as 4.. With 1pt for every 20 pass yds, I was happy to land Manning at 3.06. A steal in my opinion..

a wise man taught me that the scoring theme for QBs is not really all that relevant if you are still only starting one. as a group, they will all either score more or less points, but their value compared with the other QBs remains the same ... that said, manning is clearly the best QB, so 3rd round seems about right.

16 picks from 2.03 - 3.08

10 WR

1 QB (Manning)

1 TE (Gates)

4 RB (Westbrook, McGahee, K Jones, Droughns)

Seems like EVERYBODY is taking WR a little high and waiting for the depth at RB.

3.09 Driver

3.10 H Ward

That's 2 MORE WR's.

I'm going to have to leave for a couple of hours, I can predraft if it moves a bit closer to my turn before I take off. Just a heads up.

WR's were depleted so went with last tier one QB.

Top tier QB-Eli, RB-LJ, WR-Moss, and TE Gates... I would be happy with this start in a real draft! :D:D

Wanted Bush but he was gone, thought about Bell but went Lewis as I think he will benefit from McNair's passing ability to keep defensesfrom stacking 9 in the box.

WR's were depleted so went with last tier one QB.

Top tier QB-Eli, RB-LJ, WR-Moss, and TE Gates... I would be happy with this start in a real draft! :D:D

Wanted Bush but he was gone, thought about Bell but went Lewis as I think he will benefit from McNair's passing ability to keep defensesfrom stacking 9 in the box.

I used to love my local being a 10 team league....now it's 12...maybe 14....

but I still see this playing to my advantage..in my local..