[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Was this stupid

biggamer3

Depends on legal lineups and who else was available when you picked.

If you can start 3 RBs, then not a bad plan. If you can't, then I'd be more inclined to question it depending on who else was available at the pick (though I have seen many owners have success taking 3 RBs in two RB leagues). Plus, the keeper aspect means you should be able to get good trade value from one of the latter 2 should they both start off hot.

There are guys who could have been had later in the draft that have a good chance of outproducing both Kevin Jones & Julius Jones - and that doesn't preclude either of the Joneses having their opportunity limited by players currently on the rosters of their respective teams.

I'd be interested in seeing your roster/starting lineup/scoring requirements before rendering final judgment, but on the surface you may have reached & hurt yourself at other positions.

going for Gates in the 3rd would have been genius...

Not sure about that either he's also a risk. I don't see him putting up the type of numbers he did when Brees was there.

Edited by Flip_Side

Not sure about that either he's also a risk. I don't see him putting up the type of numbers he did when Brees was there.

why?....people seem to think Brees made gates....it was the other way around..

he is the best safety valve in the game....Brees was nothing until Gates came around and blossomed...

Gates and LT2 will make Rivers a top 15 QB by the end of the season at worst if he is healthy..

Thank you Avernus that's the point I have been making since Brees left and all of a sudden people are afraid to draft Gates. I can't wait for him to prove to people that Brees didn't make him it was Gates that made life easy for Brees. A superstar tight end can make a quarterback look amazing. Ask Drew Bledsoe

Thank you Avernus that's the point I have been making since Brees left and all of a sudden people are afraid to draft Gates. I can't wait for him to prove to people that Brees didn't make him it was Gates that made life easy for Brees. A superstar tight end can make a quarterback look amazing. Ask Drew Bledsoe

I've made this point at least 3 times in this forum alone....

people must realize this and move on...