[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Katrina re-visited?

Randall

Well, here comes W and his super-speedy jack:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/07/18/...tion/index.html

Sumbeetch...so much for balancing the budget this year. :D

I'm opening a new travel agency and selling adventure vacations. I will sell you a one-way ticket to your choice of Iran, Syria, Lebanon, or North Korea. Your hosts will pick you up, blindfold you and give you a free ride to your surprise place where you will stay anywhere from 1 week to 4 years of luxury accomodations. You will have room service available 24 hours a day. Complete and total relaxation. Act now and we'll even throw in a call from Jimmy Carter if you stay longer than 30 days. It's just your responsibility to get there...after that everything is free!!!! Call now to book your reservations, seats are filling up fast. 1-800-IVOTEDGORE.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are examples of two parties of evacuees from the link below. These are frivolous reasons to have been in Beirut.

"I'm very happy to be finally out of here," said Joumana Safa, 33, of Atlanta, who had been vacationing with her two young children.

"I have regrets, yes. But if I didn't leave now I didn't know when I was going to get another chance," said Michael May, 21, a student from Norwalk, Conn., who had been in Beirut for about four weeks.

http://www.forbes.com/technology/feeds/ap/.../ap2888717.html

OK, fair enough.

Anyone want to comment on why the US government was inviting Americans to come to Lebanon for a trade fair this year (see above, twice)?

Sumbeetch...so much for balancing the budget this year. :D

I'm opening a new travel agency and selling adventure vacations. I will sell you a one-way ticket to your choice of Iran, Syria, Lebanon, or North Korea. Your hosts will pick you up, blindfold you and give you a free ride to your surprise place where you will stay anywhere from 1 week to 4 years of luxury accomodations. You will have room service available 24 hours a day. Complete and total relaxation. Act now and we'll even throw in a call from Jimmy Carter if you stay longer than 30 days. It's just your responsibility to get there...after that everything is free!!!! Call now to book your reservations, seats are filling up fast. 1-800-IVOTEDGORE.

:addition: cash upfront is preferred

I liked the Typical Dumbocrats on CNN that were complaining about the American Embassy's lack of information from the cruise ship on the deck of the Mediterranian the best. Next time I say we give the Embassy a loudspeaker and tell everyone to meet at 3rd and Hezbollah for the nice gentlemen with the towel on their head to pick them up.

Wait a second. Yer that guy that hates America, especially New Orleans. Why do we have to pay to be rescued? Would you privatize this? How do you charge to rescue yer own people from the middle of a war?

I don't hate America, or anyone for that matter. I just don't think the the tax payers should have to pay for peoples stupidity, whether it be building below sea level right next to the gulf, and not evacuating when the government tells you to, or visiting a country where the government encourages you not to go. People are well within their rights to do these things, but I don't see that it is the tax payers responsibility to pick up the tab for their stupidity.

I liked the Typical Dumbocrats on CNN that were complaining about the American Embassy's lack of information from the cruise ship on the deck of the Mediterranian the best. Next time I say we give the Embassy a loudspeaker and tell everyone to meet at 3rd and Hezbollah for the nice gentlemen with the towel on their head to pick them up.

Let's see.

Cruise ships worked so well during Katrina let's bring one in. Let's not notify the Isreali's so that they refuse to allow the lebanon shipmates in. I know a call getting permission beforehand from them makes sense now but who thinks ahead anyway?

Just because the French, Italians and Brits moved people out days ago should refelct bad on us. Cease fires and sending in Rice until next week is another great plan.

This is true leadership. :D

I don't hate America, or anyone for that matter. I just don't think the the tax payers should have to pay for peoples stupidity, whether it be building below sea level right next to the gulf, and not evacuating when the government tells you to, or visiting a country where the government encourages you not to go. People are well within their rights to do these things, but I don't see that it is the tax payers responsibility to pick up the tab for their stupidity.

Have you ever been to New Orleans? If LA, Cali fell into the ocean should the Gubamint help them recover?

Have you ever been to New Orleans? If LA, Cali fell into the ocean should the Gubamint help them recover?

I've been to New Orleans 15-20 times. I really liked it. I just don't think that all of America should pay for some dumb coon ass's mistake for building below sea level. If Cali fell into the ocean, I would expect the government to try to save those that are drowning, but not to rebuild. If someone builds on the side of a mountain, below sea level, in area prone to mud slides, hurricanes, tornados, or earth quakes, then they should take measures to insure themselves, it shouldn't be everyone elses job to pay for someones poor choices.

I've been to New Orleans 15-20 times. I really liked it. I just don't think that all of America should pay for some dumb coon ass's mistake for building below sea level. If Cali fell into the ocean, I would expect the government to try to save those that are drowning, but not to rebuild. If someone builds on the side of a mountain, below sea level, in area prone to mud slides, hurricanes, tornados, or earth quakes, then they should take measures to insure themselves, it shouldn't be everyone elses job to pay for someones poor choices.

As you know...I could crawfish around this argument but I won't because I understand what you are saying and I respect your point. I think that the real problem is the flagrant mishandling of "this money". FEMA and its relief protocal is pitiful and is a mess. I don't blame you for not supporting rebuilding these places due to the abuse and lack of production. If...it were spent efficiently and decisively you wouldn't...or should I say...shouldn't feel the way you do. It is important for people to inhabit New Orleans. Simple. The refineries, pipelines, shipping, and other relative jobs are crucial to America. I don't see rebuilding it as foolish. It just so happens that most of South East Louisiana is below sea level or near it. I know you don't hate America but eventhough Lions tend to agree...this is one area where I differ from you, Spain, and H8. I think H8's idea of aid is "FOK EM' LET EM' BURN" I like that as a solution to the Middle East...but not here in America.

As you know...I could crawfish around this argument but I won't because I understand what you are saying and I respect your point. I think that the real problem is the flagrant mishandling of "this money". FEMA and its relief protocal is pitiful and is a mess. I don't blame you for not supporting rebuilding these places due to the abuse and lack of production. If...it were spent efficiently and decisively you wouldn't...or should I say...shouldn't feel the way you do. It is important for people to inhabit New Orleans. Simple. The refineries, pipelines, shipping, and other relative jobs are crucial to America. I don't see rebuilding it as foolish. It just so happens that most of South East Louisiana is below sea level or near it. I know you don't hate America but eventhough Lions tend to agree...this is one area where I differ from you, Spain, and H8. I think H8's idea of aid is "FOK EM' LET EM' BURN" I like that as a solution to the Middle East...but not here in America.

What a pushover you are.....Lions. :D:D

I tend to agree, but have a problem rebuilding that island off the outer banks for the 8th time more than re-building New Orleans.

Right now New Orleans is being turned over to real estate developers as Iraq was turned over to contractors and find that worse.

If we had a real discussion and referendum over these issues I would like it better. When do people ever actually vote on these matters?

I know you don't hate America but eventhough Lions tend to agree...this is one area where I differ from you, Spain, and H8. I think H8's idea of aid is "FOK EM' LET EM' BURN" I like that as a solution to the Middle East...but not here in America.

The only thing Perch hates is the thought of his tax dollars going to benefit anyone other than himself.

The only thing Perch hates is the thought of his tax dollars going to benefit anyone other than himself.

Not true, I'm all for you having an army base near by, and border control, not only on my southern border, but also on your northern border. If everyone benifited equally from my tax dollars I might not have a problem with paying more than the guy down the street, but as it is, I pay more an get less.

Yer as dumb as a stump, frankfurter neck. :D

Rather than calling me dumb, why not enliten me. I can't take advantage of a ROTH, my children will not be able to get grants for college, or free afternoon childcare, or free breakfast and lunch, I don't get free transportation, I don't get food stamps to trade in for Colt 45, and I could go on and on. What is your argument wise one?

Rather than calling me dumb, why not enliten me. I can't take advantage of a ROTH, my children will not be able to get grants for college, or free afternoon childcare, or free breakfast and lunch, I don't get free transportation, I don't get food stamps to trade in for Colt 45, and I could go on and on. What is your argument wise one?

you get a government that protects your property rights and enforces the contracts you enter into

As do those that pay little or nothing in taxes.

So net-net, you are screwed. Stop trying to live a good life for you and your family Perch. They hyenas will provide for you.

I think the people being evacuated out of Lebanon need to be a little more thankful and shut the f up. First, the government has suggested for years that you should not go to Lebanon. Secondly, they have also stipulated that there is a law on the books that if you are evacuated from a dire situation, it will cost you. The law has been there since the 1950's. But because Bush is such a turd as far as people's confidence and the polls go, he has to back down from that law. Funny, it is ok to break that law but not others. OK. And...

Was I the only one that read in that CNN story that besides the cruise ships and helicopters we have to evacuate people, there are nine military ships going in? Think of the logistics...they are going in to an Israeli blockade and it isn't like the Lebanese port is like San Diego or Norfolk. Also, our largest military ship is a carrier and her complement is between 5000 and 6000 people. It is going to take some time to get 25000 people out of a little Athenahole like Lebanon.

Personal responsibility people, personal responsiblity. Yes, I want our people out, even that dumb ass fashion student...but like TimCat said, we ain't gonna have a 25000 seat taxi up and running.

I don't get any of those things either.

OK, I'll give you 200 people and Embassy employees. What about the other 24,700 or so?

Of those, I read only 8,000 wanted to be evacuated.

Look, I understand that it would have been wiser not to be there but the same thing goes for Italians, Brits, Irish, French and all the rest - all those countries are shipping their people out. It seems that only here is it carp, carp, carp all the f'n time. What a bunch of conformist fogeys we've become.

Look, I understand that it would have been wiser not to be there but the same thing goes for Italians, Brits, Irish, French and all the rest - all those countries are shipping their people out. It seems that only here is it carp, carp, carp all the f'n time. What a bunch of conformist fogeys we've become.

Agreed. But the media isn't showing how the Italians, Brits, Irish, French, and all the rest are bizzaching and moaning like the Americans. Just another opportunity for the media to paint a bad picture of our country.

Agreed. But the media isn't showing how the Italians, Brits, Irish, French, and all the rest are bizzaching and moaning like the Americans. Just another opportunity for the media to paint a bad picture of our country.

Is it really newsworthy when the Italians, Brits, Irish, and French are biatching and moaning about something. (That seems sort of like a "dog bites man" story.)