[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Question?

bones21

I've been offered a trade and I wondering what you guys thought.

A team offered me Carnell Williams for Peyton Manning

In my league we can keep up to 3 players I was planning on keeping Peyton Manning

Ronnie Brown

Larry Fitzgerald

We get a point for receptions which is why I was planning on keeping Fitzgerald. My thoughts are with Williams, Brown and Fitzgerald I will have a young nucleus to build around and I always can get a servicable tier 2 QB in the draft.

Do you guys think this a good trade or should I just keep the original 3 I was planning on?

Thanks for the input.

Bones

I've been offered a trade and I wondering what you guys thought.

A team offered me Carnell Williams for Peyton Manning

In my league we can keep up to 3 players I was planning on keeping Peyton Manning

Ronnie Brown

Larry Fitzgerald

We get a point for receptions which is why I was planning on keeping Fitzgerald. My thoughts are with Williams, Brown and Fitzgerald I will have a young nucleus to build around and I always can get a servicable tier 2 QB in the draft.

Do you guys think this a good trade or should I just keep the original 3 I was planning on?

Thanks for the input.

Bones

If you start 2 RB's I would probably do it. but IMO it is a very close deal. there is many factors that could make me change my opinion here. number of teams,the starting lineups, projecting who other teams 3 keepers are etc. etc.

I wouldn't do it. You're trading the surest thing in Fantasy Football (Peyton Manning) for a guy that hasn't even started a full season yet.

I have to tell you that I really don't get all of the love for Caddy this year. He has yet to prove he can carry a full load, he has yet to prove that he can be a factor in the passing game and he has yet to prove he can be a goalline threat. Meanwhile the Bucs still have one of the best goalline backs in the league (Alstott) and one of the best 3rd down backs in the league (Pittman).

Sounds a lot like Willie Parker and Tatum Bell to me, except you have to spend a first round pick on Caddy and you can get Parker or Bell for a third rounder in most drafts.

Manning is as steady as they come. But the difference between Manning + the #2 RB you find in the 4th round could be less than what you'd get from C. Williams plus a QB (like Bulger, Bledsoe, Hasselbeck, Warner, Delhomme, etc.) that you could draft in the 5th/7th Round.

It really depends on your forecast of what #2 RB you realisticly believe will be there for you in the 4th.

Plus, with the Williams side of the deal you aren't pigeon-holed into using your 4th rounder on a RB. Instead, you can go for the best value availabe, which might still be a RB, but more likely a solid #2 WR, or perhaps a QB like Palmer or Brady. Just my 2 cents.

Edited by yo mama

Manning is as steady as they come. But the difference between Manning + the #2 RB you find in the 4th round could be less than what you'd get from C. Williams plus a QB (like Bulger, Bledsoe, Hasselbeck, Warner, Delhomme, etc.) that you could draft in the 5th/7th Round.

It really depends on your forecast of what #2 RB you realisticly believe will be there for you in the 4th.

Plus, with the Williams side of the deal you aren't pigeon-holed into using your 4th rounder on a RB. Instead, you can go for the best value availabe, which might still be a RB, but more likely a solid #2 WR, or perhaps a QB like Palmer or Brady. Just my 2 cents.

Agree 100% with this.