[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

what is the world coming to?

Azazello1313

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For about $5,000 you can buy an industrial purifier that will scrub your water as pure as you are able to drink it, and only have to do maintence every 5-10 years on it. When you think of how much bottled water people drink, for some this is a smart investment. Plust this way you can drink the water right out of the shower head.

By the way, did you know that if you water is completely pure, nothing but H2O, that it will leach the vitamins and minerals out of your body, so completely pure water is bad for you?

For about $5,000 you can buy an industrial purifier that will scrub your water as pure as you are able to drink it, and only have to do maintence every 5-10 years on it. When you think of how much bottled water people drink, for some this is a smart investment. Plust this way you can drink the water right out of the shower head.

By the way, did you know that if you water is completely pure, nothing but H2O, that it will leach the vitamins and minerals out of your body, so completely pure water is bad for you?

Bullsh!t

Edited by MojoMan

Perch, I keep forgetting to ask.....how are Katie & little Suri doing???

dude, you have some amazing facts and theories- I will give you that. What kind of water y'all drinkin down souf?

Bullsh!t

Perch, I keep forgetting to ask.....how are Katie & little Suri doing???

dude, you have some amazing facts and theories- I will give you that. What kind of water y'all drinkin down souf?

Who are Katie and little Suri?

Why Purified Water is Bad For You

by Zoltan P. Rona MD, MSc

During nearly 19 years of clinical practice I have had the opportunity to observe the health effects of drinking different types of water. Most of you would agree that drinking unfiltered tap water could be hazardous to your health because of things like parasites, chlorine, fluoride and dioxins. Many health fanatics, however, are often surprised to hear me say that drinking distilled water or purified water on a regular, daily basis is potentially dangerous. Paavo Airola wrote about the dangers of purified water in the 1970's when it first became a fad with the health food crowd.

Distillation is the process in which water is boiled, evaporated and the vapor condensed. Reverse osmosis or purified water is free of dissolved minerals and, because of this, has the special property of being able to actively absorb toxic substances from the body and eliminate them. Studies validate the benefits of drinking purified water when one is seeking to cleanse or detoxify the system for short periods of time (a few weeks at a time). Fasting using purified water can be dangerous because of the rapid loss of electrolytes (sodium, potassium, chloride) and trace minerals like magnesium, deficiencies of which can cause heart beat irregularities and high blood pressure. Cooking foods in distilled water pulls the minerals out of them and lowers their nutrient value.

Purified water is an active absorber and when it comes into contact with air, it absorbs carbon dioxide, making it acidic. The more purified water a person drinks, the higher the body acidity becomes. According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, "Purified" water, being essentially mineral-free, is very aggressive, in that it tends to dissolve substances with which it is in contact. Notably, carbon dioxide from the air is rapidly absorbed, making the water acidic and even more aggressive. Many metals are dissolved by distilled water.

The most toxic commercial beverages that people consume (i.e. cola beverages and other soft drinks) are made from purified water. Studies have consistently shown that heavy consumers of soft drinks (with or without sugar) spill huge amounts of calcium, magnesium and other trace minerals into the urine. The more mineral loss, the greater the risk for osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, hypothyroidism, coronary artery disease, high blood pressure and a long list of degenerative diseases generally associated with premature aging.

A growing number of health care practitioners and scientists from around the world have been advocating the theory that aging and disease is the direct result of the accumulation of acid waste products in the body. There is a great deal of scientific documentation that supports such a theory. A poor diet may be partially to blame for the waste accumulation. Meats, sugar, white flour products, fried foods, soft drinks, processed foods, alcohol, dairy products and other junk foods cause the body to become more acidic. Stress, whether mental or physical can lead to acid deposits in the body.

There is a correlation between the consumption of soft water (purified water is extremely soft) and the incidence of cardiovascular disease. Cells, tissues and organs do not like to be dipped in acid and will do anything to buffer this acidity including the removal of minerals from the skeleton and the manufacture of bicarbonate in the blood. The longer one drinks distilled water, the more likely the development of mineral deficiencies and an acid state. I have done well over 3000 mineral evaluations using a combination of blood, urine and hair tests in my practice. Almost without exception, people who consume purified water exclusively, eventually develop multiple mineral deficiencies. Those who supplement their purified or distilled water intake with trace minerals are not as deficient but still not as adequately nourished in minerals as their non-purified water drinking counterparts even after several years of mineral supplementation.

Purified water tends to be acidic and can only be recommended as a way of drawing poisons out of the body. Once this is accomplished, the continued drinking of purified water is a bad idea.

Alkaline ionized Water is the best possible drinking water. Disease and early death is more likely to be seen with the long term drinking of purified or distilled water. Avoid it except in special circumstances.

Link - This is from a company that sales water purifiers.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

Make fun of him if you want to, but most of the high end purifiers quote him, and he researched the issue for 19 years.

you mean all the guys who make "ionizing" purifiers quote the guy who tells you to buy an ionizing purifier? :D

edit to add: this guy has been studying water even longer than dr. zoltan

Edited by Azazello1313

Who are Katie and little Suri?

Cmon, where are you hiding them Perch???

Dr. Zoltan?? :D pure H2O being bad for you......... :D

Global Warming all being hogwash...... :D

All sounds a little like Tom Cruise to me.

pssssst- can't believe all the medical articles and studies on the internet.

Edited by wildcat2334

Here is a discussion about this from a bunch of guys with no dog in this hunt. It quotes the article I posted above, but it also provides additional informations. This is from the Life Extension Foundation Forum.

In the middle of this length page, it basically says you can drink distilled water and get your minerals elsewhere, like a multi-vitamin.

From a former kid who used to drink from a hose until you could hear the water slosh in the stomach this is much ado about nothing.

Here is a discussion about this from a bunch of guys with no dog in this hunt. It quotes the article I posted above, but it also provides additional informations. This is from the Life Extension Foundation Forum.

:D umm, i guess you didn't notice....but the moderator of that forum basically put a bunch of edits into dr. zoltan's article that basically rip it to shreds.

In the middle of this length page, it basically says you can drink distilled water and get your minerals elsewhere, like a multi-vitamin.

From a former kid who used to drink from a hose until you could hear the water slosh in the stomach this is much ado about nothing.

Yes, but that is something that people need to know, because soft water with out a mineral supplement has been linked to heart disease.

By the way, I'm with you drinking the water out of the hose. During two-a-days, we used to drink water that came down about 225 foot of hose, into a lead pipe with holes in it that shot it out at us. I'm still alive.

Yes, but that is something that people need to know, because soft water with out a mineral supplement has been linked to heart disease.

By the way, I'm with you drinking the water out of the hose. During two-a-days, we used to drink water that came down about 225 foot of hose, into a lead pipe with holes in it that shot it out at us. I'm still alive.

Now we are getting somewhere:

Lead interferes with normal brain development and is associated with permanently reduced IQ, learning disabilities and behavioral disorders.

http://www.vahealth.org/leadsafe/

:D umm, i guess you didn't notice....but the moderator of that forum basically put a bunch of edits into dr. zoltan's article that basically rip it to shreds.

Not a moderator, but a member of the forum. If you look just below that there is a post by a bio-chemist who drinks distilled water, but does fortify it with minerals after the distilling process, and goes into detail about what can happen if you don't fortify it with minerals.

If you take a daily mineral supplement, distilled water or purified water probably isn't bad for you, but if you don't it could be. I'm just infroming people that drink a lot of purified water that they need to take a mineral supplement, or use a ionizing purification system.