[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What RB?

performance scoring plus 1 pick per reception for RB's................i am going to assume that johnson, tomlinson, alexander, portis, tiki and manning go ahead of me---which RB should i take---i currently am thinking Ronnie Brown----thoughts?

I like Edge more than Ronnie but Ronnie is still solid none the less. Culpepper will help that offense amazingly.

i think you have to take edge as well, but i would give strong consideration to steven jackson and even rudi johnson for that matter. we just don't know how edge is going to run behind that arizona front line whereas cincy was just ranked as having the #2 offensive line in the game (denver 1st). sjax is young and there seem to be some very positive changes in st. louis. i would flip between sjax and edge, watching all reports closely leading up to your draft.

i think you have to take edge as well, but i would give strong consideration to steven jackson and even rudi johnson for that matter. we just don't know how edge is going to run behind that arizona front line whereas cincy was just ranked as having the #2 offensive line in the game (denver 1st). sjax is young and there seem to be some very positive changes in st. louis. i would flip between sjax and edge, watching all reports closely leading up to your draft.

i like sjax but he's running behind the 28th rated o-line and edge the 32nd... :D maybe rudi j is the call or i take the #1 consensus wideout? and swoop up a lamont jordan type on the wrap around? tuff call....

i like sjax but he's running behind the 28th rated o-line and edge the 32nd... :D maybe rudi j is the call or i take the #1 consensus wideout? and swoop up a lamont jordan type on the wrap around? tuff call....

i hear ya. i would have no problem with you taking rudi 7th.

I just have a sneaky suspicion that SJax is going to have a fantastic year. Mike(Idon't believe in running the football) Martz is gone and I think STL will give every oportunity available to SJax. I hear ya on the O-line though. He should be the every down back as well where in Cincy there is Perry to steal the 3rd down duties from Rudy. The point per reception would sway me towards SJax for sure, regardless of O-line.

The 1 pt per reception is huge here - which eliminates Rudi and Caddy from the conversation. I think Steven Jackson is the way to go. I believe he has a great year and catches a ton of passes with Faulk out of the 3rd down equation.

Edge scares me, a lot

Take the RB you want first, be it Brown, Edge, SJax or Caddy, and then take the best Tier 1 WR in round 2....assuming picks 8,9 & 10 take at least one RB each, you'll still be guaranteed a Top 4 WR. And since there is no clear-cut #1 WR, it could be the receiver you want to take in the 1st round.

Take Ronnie or Edge. Both have easy schedules and both will have the opportunity to catch the ball out of the backfield (less w/ Edge due to Fitz and Boldin). PPR definitely knocks Rudi out of the equation and Cincinnati has a beast of a schedule. I would take Ronnie over Edge just because of his upside and the questions regarding Edge's O line, possible qb injury/rookie and the stud receivers. Ronnie wasn't taken number two in the draft for nothing. He has skills and he'll show them this year w/o Ricky around.

Although I like S. Jax, Linehan has a propensity to use mulitiple backs which could water down his numbers. Also have to be careful w/ guys learning a new system.

The 1 pt per reception is huge here - which eliminates Rudi and Caddy from the conversation.

Agreed...Rudi and Caddy are really hurt in reception leagues. I'd look at Ronnie, Edge, SJax, or LaMont Jordan (in that order). I'm in a 1 point/reception league also and Brian Westbrook was one of our highest scoring RB's before he got hurt. Maybe you look at him as a second round option. While I'm not looking for Indy numbers out of Edge this season...I'm not going to be scared to take him if he falls to me. Good receiver in an offense that spreads the field and a strong runner on a team that will cause defenses to respect the pass.

Agreed...Rudi and Caddy are really hurt in reception leagues. I'd look at Ronnie, Edge, SJax, or LaMont Jordan (in that order). I'm in a 1 point/reception league also and Brian Westbrook was one of our highest scoring RB's before he got hurt. Maybe you look at him as a second round option. While I'm not looking for Indy numbers out of Edge this season...I'm not going to be scared to take him if he falls to me. Good receiver in an offense that spreads the field and a strong runner on a team that will cause defenses to respect the pass.

gentlemen

thank you for the input---i am opting for r. brown over s.jax---along with his O-line -----then take a tier one /WR (which could be TO) on the wrap around!