[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Phillip Rivers

Moneyshot

I am going to go against the general consensus here and say he will do well. He has had time to watch and learn the game for 2 years and now it is his time to shine. He has grown hungry waiting for his chance to play and now that he is getting his shot he will not blow it. He may have a few mistakes here and there but I think he will play well.

I think he could become a quality QB2 this year.

Long term, think he will be much like Brees of the past 2 years in terms of stats, a decent starter. As long as Martyball is in SD, I don't see a QB ever putting up monster numbers. Think long term he'll be much better as an NFL QB than a fantasy QB.

I am going to go against the general consensus here and say he will do well. He has had time to watch and learn the game for 2 years and now it is his time to shine. He has grown hungry waiting for his chance to play and now that he is getting his shot he will not blow it. He may have a few mistakes here and there but I think he will play well.

I agree with thecerwin.

He also has a great O line, good WR's, the best TE in the league, and LT2.

They pretty confidently selected him, pretty confidently allowed him to sit while Brees matured, and pretty confidently let Brees walk as a free agent.

Don't know why he won't be a successful QB with reasonable value.

I wouldn't want him on my roster until he proves it though.

They pretty confidently selected him, pretty confidently allowed him to sit while Brees matured, and pretty confidently let Brees walk as a free agent.

Don't know why he won't be a successful QB with reasonable value.

I wouldn't want him on my roster until he proves it though.

I'm big on schedule strength and I'm also pretty bored right now. Here is the Chargers schedule along with where the opponents ranked in passing defense last year, tds surrendered and interceptions and a * next to games where I believe he'll pass for 200+ and 1 td or ** 200+ and 2+tds:

Oakland Raiders 18th,* 18, 5 ints least in NFL

Tennessee Titans 17th,** 33tds most in NFL , 9int

bye

Ravens 8th, 18, 11ints

Pittsburgh Steelers 16th, 15, 15

San Francisco 49ers 32nd** 28tds, 16

Kansas City Chiefs 30th** 25, 16

St. Louis Rams 23rd** 26, 13

Cleveland 4th, 19, 15

Cincinnati Bengals 26th 21, 31 intsmost in NFL

Denver Broncos 29th** 20, 20

Oakland 18th 18, 5

Buffalo Bills 19th 19, 17

Denver 29th** 20, 20

Kansas City Chiefs 30th** 25, 16

Seattle Seahawks 25th* 18, 16

Arizona Cardinals 12th 17, 15

Some of these defenses will be better than last year. That said I still think Rivers will finish with around 2500- 3000yds and 18 - 22tds. Not a bad year for anyone let alone a 1st time starter. I think he'll be a big surprise this season. :D

Edited by Asskickas