[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Manning First Round

Mr.OG

(Ok well this is my first post ever on this forum, ff leaguer for three years. Hello to everyone.)

I know what your thinking about picking up a QB in the first round but the new league Im in has:

Completions (1)

Passing Yards (20 yards per point; 5 points at 300 yards)

Passing Touchdowns (6)

Should this give me the push to select Manning as my 1.04? :D

Edited by Mr.OG

i'm assuming that it's the points per completion that is making you think this situation does not apply to the many, many threads that are advising against manning in the 1st? well, it makes no difference. manning had 305 completions last season, and there were 5 QBs who had more. there were another 5 QBs just under that total by single digits. if anything, this additional stat only reinforces the fact that there is no need to burn an early pick on manning.

(Ok well this is my first post ever on this forum, ff leaguer for three years. Hello to everyone.)

I know what your thinking about picking up a QB in the first round but the new league Im in has:

Completions (1)

Passing Yards (20 yards per point; 5 points at 300 yards)

Passing Touchdowns (6)

Should this give me the push to select Manning as my 1.04? :D

Not unless your league forbids you from starting RBs.

Not unless your league forbids you from starting RBs.

...Or you can start moree than one QB. If that's the case, I'd draft a QB in the first round. Otherwise, the difference between Manning and the 6th best QB on the board (that you can probably get in the 6th or 7th round) can't make up fore the difference between the 1st round RB that you could get without Manning and the 2nd round RB you'd have to settle for as your RB1 (not to mention the 3rd round RB that you'd end up with at RB2). Don't fall into that trap; let someone else take Manning and sacrifice the rest of their team for him.

Yea Im convinced, just wanted to get that full assurance.

Manning will probably go in the first round, since theres some new guys in the league.

Brady for sure will be available, would you guys get him in the 2nd - 3rd round?

Manning will probably go in the first round, since theres some new guys in the league.

Brady for sure will be available, would you guys get him in the 2nd - 3rd round?

no and no. no QBs until the 4th round at the earliest.

no and no. no QBs until the 4th round at the earliest.

If that early. I usually don't even start thinking about a QB until late 5th/early 6th round, because there's so much talent still left by that point. And if it's all gone, then you can clean up on RB and WR while the rest of your league is wasting picks stockpiling QBs, and then use one of them as trade bait to get a good QB later on...

Edited by Slusy

Why do people get so excited about QB's? There are a dozen good ones and even more serviceable ones. you could easily make the playoffs picking 2 qbs in the 9th and 10th, and if neither are to your liking by week 5, then play the waiver wire. at least in my league you could pick a decent qb off the wire based on matchups.

Unless your league starts two QBs, there is no need to pick one early. ONly time to consider a QB in the third or 4th round is if your league starts 1 QB, 2 RBs and 2 WRs only.. then it is a toss up between QB or WR in the third, and only go QB if there is a guy you feel is well ahead of the other available QBs that could be had a round later.

This guy's been playing FF for three years? :D Any openings in that league?

This guy's been playing FF for three years? :D Any openings in that league?

The league is a 12 team league starting 2 QBs, I dont think its an irelevent question to ask about taking Brady in the 3rd Round.

Do you? :D

The league is a 12 team league starting 2 QBs, I dont think its an irelevent question to ask about taking Brady in the 3rd Round.

Do you? :D

Nice shot at revisionist history...but you asked about 2nd or 3rd round. IMO, even in a 2 QB league I wouldn't consider Brady that high.