[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

5th pick

hudman13

I have the number 5 pick in this year's draft out of 10 teams. Assumming johnson, tomlinson, alexander and portis have gone before me should I take ronnie brown at 5?

I pick 5 in a 12 team league, and while Ronnie Brown is everyone's new favorite back I am of the opinion that a pick that high cannot be a gamble, therefore it's Edge time.

Last year's Cards did something that's rarely done: lead the league in pass attempt and completions, and finish last in rushing attempts and yards. Expect more balance this year with Edge, keep in mind that 3 of 5 OL for the Cards last yera went down by Week 6 and also that Denny Green has had good RB's put up nice stats, but he's NEVER had a talent like Edge and all the skills he posseses. Leroy Hoard diminished Robert Smith's value in Minny, but there's no vulture for Edge on this team. Also, look at what a shell of Emmitt Smith did in his last year with the Cards in 2004. Think Edge can improve on that and score over 9 TD's? I sure do.

Although it might sound like a gamble, taking someone as high as 5 necesitates having seen them turn in a top5 performance. Tiki? Dure, but he's got a vulture. Lamont Jordan perhaps.

Edited by Pope Flick

In a redraft? Tiki.

In a keeper or dynasty league? Ronnie Brown.

I'm not an Edge fan because I think we'll see his average production drop significantly when he doesn't have train-size holes to run through in AZ like he did in IND. AZ's O-line wouldn't even qualify as 2nd string in IND. I do like Edge's talent - a lot, but I hate his situation. Plus, when Warner gets hurt - and he most probably will, Leinart is his likely fill-in, but Warner will have taken most of the 1st team snaps in the preseason & early season. I could see a long year for him - even a guy as talented as James.

Ronnie Brown is in an ideal situation as being the exclusive RB finally for an up & coming Phins teams, and Tiki is a yardage champion on a team that is establishing itself as one of if not THE top O in the NFL.

I'm not sure about either Tiki or Jordan I really think Westbrook may be the Tiki of 2005

I like Westy a lot this year, but honestly... I'd be afraid of drafting him this high considering his durability. I'd go with either Edge or Tiki... leaning more on The Edge.

I have Edge at number 5 with Tiki right behind him...the fact that I am a "hugh" Cardinal fan, growing up in the S-T-L and yes, despite Bill Bidwell I am a die-hard!! I think the Cards are one of the best 7-9 teams ever!! OK the best 5-11 team.....Anyway, I am stoked that the Birds have Edge and until we are 0-4 I have him ranked at #5, that said....take Tiki :D