[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eli Manning versus Frank Gore

Caveman_Nick

Its nice to find old, "I told you so" threads. I wonder how many people are going with Eli over Frank Gore now. Hopefully the writer of this thread didn't convince too many against going with Frank and the opinion of a homer.

Thanks Frank for a great season and leading the NFC in rushing and setting the all time niners rushing and combined yardage records :D

It's funny how people like to jump on something like this, but ignore that they are jumping on the example and not the larger point...

Gore is really a metaphor here. Maybe he will be a top 10 player this year. It's anyone's guess, really. He could be Emmitt Smith II for all we know. Gore could be Mike Bell, Reggie Bush, Cedric Benson, Roy Williams, etc., in this discussion. I just wonder what we think sometimes when we are ranking players (NOT a knock on DMD....I am sure that many people have similar things in their rankings!)

When the season is in swing, I really wonder what will look like the better choice?

For every person that won on Frank Gore, there was another that got killed on Mike Bell. For everyone that got to the playoffs on the back of Kevin Jones, there was another cursing Julius Jones. And Cedric Benson was #1 on the depth charts in Chicago in Preseason.

So, was I wrong about Gore? Yup. But was I wrong in the strategy of what I was trying to present?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny how people like to jump on something like this, but ignore that they are jumping on the example and not the larger point...

For every person that won on Frank Gore, there was another that got killed on Mike Bell. For everyone that got to the playoffs on the back of Kevin Jones, there was another cursing Julius Jones. And Cedric Benson was #1 on the depth charts in Chicago in Preseason.

So, was I wrong about Gore? Yup. But was I wrong in the strategy of what I was trying to present?

YES!!!! :D