[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Madden 2007

kpholmes

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You and I need to hook up online and play then... see who can throw the longest backward pass or run the opposite direction that everryone else is running. :D

I used to be able to play. Now my games pretty much turn into this.

Madden 07 on 360 sucks. What a disappointment. All the previous complaints apply. Has anyone contacted EA about this stripped down version? I'm about to right now

I think a link was posted to the EA forums either above or on a preview page. I wrote a complaint already.

Madden 07 on 360 sucks. What a disappointment. All the previous complaints apply. Has anyone contacted EA about this stripped down version? I'm about to right now

if these numbers are accurate, my guess is that EA doesn't really give a oh poopy what people think of the game.

link

Madden 07 sets career sales record

Electronic Arts' estimate puts latest football game at 2 million copies sold in first week--most ever for 17-year franchise.

If Electronic Arts' estimation of the sales success of Madden NFL 07 is accurate, this year's game could be headed to the Hall of Fame in no time. The publisher believes that more than 2 million copies of the game have been sold across all platforms in just its first week of release.

This year's first-week sales are up 12 percent over Madden NFL 06's 1.8 million units sold over the same period last year, says EA. Though the franchise has always performed well in retail during its 17-year career, EA's estimation makes Madden NFL 07 the best-selling game in the franchise's history of first-week performance.

Earlier today, Microsoft claimed that the Xbox 360 version had logged more than 2 million hours of online play over Xbox Live--the equivalent of 228 years in just one week.

Of course, one of the reasons the game could be selling well is because football fans who want to get their game on don't really have any other choices. In late 2004, EA struck a five-year deal to obtain the exclusive rights to make NFL-licensed games--it later also acquired Arena Football and NCAA college football licenses. The only other high-profile pro-football franchise is Midway's Blitz: The League, which focuses on a seamy, drug-addled, violent, and completely fictional football league.

Madden NFL 07 is rated E for Everyone and was released on all current-gen platforms and the Xbox 360 on August 22. PlayStation 3 and Wii versions are currently in development. For more information on the game, read GameSpot's review.

By Tim Surette -- GameSpot

Posted Aug 31, 2006 2:49 pm PT