[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Madden 2007

kpholmes

My wife got it for my yesterday. I'm actually playing it on my daughters game cube, I still haven't broke down and bought a 360, because of recomendations here to bey a PSIII. Anyway, on the game cube version, you still get to do the fantasy draft. I started a franchise yesterday, but due to time constraints was only able to play one preseason game after going throught the fantasy draft and training camp. The controls were a littlebit different, but over all I like it, and am sure to play it more in the near future.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if the AI is better for the computer or what but I was getting pissed. The Browns played like the greatest show on turf. Droughns had 254 yards with 3 TD's on 5 carries in the first half. I can usually hold my own on All Madden mode but this was crazy. The first tackle was always broken and Charlie Fry looked like Marino.

Then again, I stopped to think it may be too realistic as my Saints D... :D

i got the game for the 360 and i am in love with it.

I have a few problems though, if there is any one who knows the answer please let me know.

1) When playing two players is it possable for me to pick my play without the other guy seeing which one i choose(the old method where you push either x,y,b,a was a lot better)

2) is there any way to get Madden to anounce in it?

3) can I ever make a fantasy draft?

Besides these complaints, the game rocks :D

i got the game for the 360 and i am in love with it.

I have a few problems though, if there is any one who knows the answer please let me know.

1) When playing two players is it possable for me to pick my play without the other guy seeing which one i choose(the old method where you push either x,y,b,a was a lot better)

2) is there any way to get Madden to anounce in it?

3) can I ever make a fantasy draft?

Besides these complaints, the game rocks :D

1) Yes, I don't have the manual with me but I remember reading it last night and thought it said something about X being the button. :D But it was around 1:00AM that I finally read parts of the manual during a game so I can't really remember if that is correct. I don't even remember what I did yesterday besides play Madden. :D

2) No, I don't think so. The only way I found Madden in the game was during play calling situations. You can select to have Madden help choose a play and he'll talk to you about it. I think they are slowly trying to get Madden out of the bigger picture for the game, as he is getting pretty old. I didn't like it at first, but I am getting used to the new announcer. I love the deep passes where things sort of 'tense up' right before the catch, or drop of the pass.

3) No. It seems like they really stripped a lot out of this game.

Personally, I'm pretty upset about the overall game this year. I know Madden usually changes some major aspects of the game every year, mainly to put more emphasis and focus on key parts of the game. But I can't stand how much they left out.

** No fantasy draft in franchise mode.

** No more than two people can play at a time (what happened to 2 vs. 2???)

** Less attention to detail for minor -- yet sometimes important -- appearances during the game.

** A lot of tackles are simply two players bouncing off each other and falling down about 5 yards apart. What happened to wrapping up the player?

** Player ratings can be VERY bias and seem like they were projected MONTHS ago.

There is really too much to add to the list but I'm pretty upset about the game. Madden '07 is a bust. :D

1) Yes, I don't have the manual with me but I remember reading it last night and thought it said something about X being the button. :D But it was around 1:00AM that I finally read parts of the manual during a game so I can't really remember if that is correct. I don't even remember what I did yesterday besides play Madden. :D

2) No, I don't think so. The only way I found Madden in the game was during play calling situations. You can select to have Madden help choose a play and he'll talk to you about it. I think they are slowly trying to get Madden out of the bigger picture for the game, as he is getting pretty old. I didn't like it at first, but I am getting used to the new announcer. I love the deep passes where things sort of 'tense up' right before the catch, or drop of the pass.

3) No. It seems like they really stripped a lot out of this game.

Personally, I'm pretty upset about the overall game this year. I know Madden usually changes some major aspects of the game every year, mainly to put more emphasis and focus on key parts of the game. But I can't stand how much they left out.

** No fantasy draft in franchise mode.

** No more than two people can play at a time (what happened to 2 vs. 2???)

** Less attention to detail for minor -- yet sometimes important -- appearances during the game.

** A lot of tackles are simply two players bouncing off each other and falling down about 5 yards apart. What happened to wrapping up the player?

** Player ratings can be VERY bias and seem like they were projected MONTHS ago.

There is really too much to add to the list but I'm pretty upset about the game. Madden '07 is a bust. :D

Agree with all of this in regards to th 360. However, thats why I took it back for the one on normal Xbox.

Because Madden 07 is only a busy on the 360. It continues to get better on the other consols.

Agree with all of this in regards to th 360. However, thats why I took it back for the one on normal Xbox.

Because Madden 07 is only a busy on the 360. It continues to get better on the other consols.

You are saying Madden 07 for Xbox is better than the xbox 360 version? Yet they sell the 360 version for 10 bucks more?

+1.

Plus I don't like the fact that:

-there is no autosave

-there is no gang tackling

Thankfully I kept my original xbox, so I may rent that version and see if I like it that much more. I guess for me it comes down to quality versus quantity.

I hate when I make a tackle and players stand around waiting to get hit stickt by the opposition instead of joining in...

You are saying Madden 07 for Xbox is better than the xbox 360 version? Yet they sell the 360 version for 10 bucks more?

Looks like I just wasted 10 bucks paying for the worst version of Madden. That's such BS. Last year they did the same thing during Christmas, they sold Madden '06 for 360 but it was the exact same as the regular XBOX version, only stripped down to almost an unplayable game. Horrible.

Thats exactly what I'm saying.

Trust me, I was and am upset too. Just not as upset as you, because I took mine back and am happily playing this year's much improved, much better Madden for Xbox, then last years as.

But yes, the situation blows.

There is a huge uprising on the EA Sports' Madden 2007 Forum... Join the fight there.

i picked up my PS2 copy on tuesday, but with work being busy, i've only managed to get in 2 games this week. i have no problem rushing at all, but the passing cone thing is new to me because i made the jump from 05 to 07. (i buy madden every 2 years). so that's going to be the biggest adjustment for me with this version. it probably doesn't help that i'm trying to learn this feature when i'm using rex grossman....:bearsfanssulksaway:

otherwise, i think it looks great and plays well. sorry i can't compare to older versions and stuff like the rest of you.

i would definitely be down with getting a huddle tourney going. my buddy and i back in PA have decided we are going to get online and play each sunday before nfl games start. does anyone know if we can play each other if we have different systems or will it all have to be seperated based on what platform you have?

does anyone know if we can play each other if we have different systems or will it all have to be seperated based on what platform you have?

I am pretty positive it is by platform as you are connecting to the service of the platform you have.. ie, Microsoft vs. Sony, as far as I know. I don't believe it is an EA server, though it is possible I am wrong.

Thats exactly what I'm saying.

:D

I don't understand how they can justify this. I am paying $10 more on a game for a machine I spent $600 on to get it in the ass? If I were Microsoft I would have EA Sports in an arm bar about to break their goddamn arm because they are killing the demand for xbox 360.

My game is broke. The Rams are actually good. :D

It's not broken... it's predicting. :D

It seems that the Buc's got an extra player that doesn't exist. A receiver named Warfield or something... and he is rated as a 96.

I am pretty positive it is by platform as you are connecting to the service of the platform you have.. ie, Microsoft vs. Sony, as far as I know. I don't believe it is an EA server, though it is possible I am wrong.

It is by platform, and they are EA servers.

I don't understand how they can justify this. I am paying $10 more on a game for a machine I spent $600 on to get it in the ass? If I were Microsoft I would have EA Sports in an arm bar about to break their goddamn arm because they are killing the demand for xbox 360.

they didn't get to be the world's largest video game maker by making dumb business decisions. madden is usually the best-selling game each year, but what is it? it's the same game each year, with a few tweaks and updated rosters -- things that, nowadays, could be added by paid downloads -- and people pay full price for it, for what's essentially an expansion pack. i'm not knocking anyone who's bought it -- i've paid for my share of madden games -- but the best way to say you don't like it is not to buy it. and the game sold more than 6 million copies last year, so i don't think microsoft is going to be complaining about anything. also, you can blame the NFL, too -- it's the one that gave EA the exclusive license, eliminating any competition and any incentive EA would have to put out an innovative game. yet my bet is that this year's game will sell just as well as any other year.

I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to console gaming. Just got a 360 a few months ago.

My first experience with Madden is 07 so most of the screaming about what is in/out is pretty alien to me. Everything is so new to me its moot. I do see the value of having a fantasy draft but there seem to be some core Madden folks who don't see that.

I just want to relax and enjoy, while trying my best to learn the controls and think at the same time. I'm having some fun so far and hopefully I'll have more time to devote to it.

For now I'll just sit back, :D , and watch the wars vs. EA. :D

I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to console gaming. Just got a 360 a few months ago.

I just want to relax and enjoy, while trying my best to learn the controls and think at the same time. I'm having some fun so far and hopefully I'll have more time to devote to it.

For now I'll just sit back, :D , and watch the wars vs. EA. :D

You and I need to hook up online and play then... see who can throw the longest backward pass or run the opposite direction that everryone else is running. :D

You and I need to hook up online and play then... see who can throw the longest backward pass or run the opposite direction that everryone else is running. :D

And I bet we have pretty comparable stats.

12 pack of 12 ounce on ice. 4 carafes wine. 8 strewn about empties.

I hate that they took some of the features out, but, I think the gameplay is solid on the 360. My biggest complaint is that is seems too easy early on. I've won my first two games on All-Pro very easily. I usually play the whole season on All-Pro and move to All-Madden once I win a Super Bowl, but, I'm just finding the game too easy right now on All-Pro.

Im playing Superstar on normall Xbox as an RB..

And when my Special Teams or Defense is on the field, it lets me play as them.

I'd liek to just accelerate it, does anyone know how to turn that on?

Don't ask me, I'm still trying to figure out how to turn the game on.