[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Caddy or Gore?

da_kid

Caddy has a tough matchup against the Ravens this week, and Gore is going to Arizona for what looks to be a tasty matchup against the Cards. I'm definitely starting Westbrook against the Texans, but make a case for either of these two...

Or, my other RB is Deuce at Cleveland. I'd be very hesitant to start him this early, but he's someone else I could start...

i have them both and going with Caddy.....FYI, last year, Gore, when he started against AZ, had 22 yards....Barlow, in other AZ game, had 45 yards....yes, SF has improved, but not expecting ton out of Gore either....Would take my chances with Caddy.....at home.....

Hmmm...that's certainly interesting data. BUT...the line has gotten better with Larry Allen, and just today Nolan told the Oakland Tribune that he wants to run the ball 60% of the time, if he can get away with it. I know...for the 9ers to be running that much they have to not be playing catch-up, but still....

It's running pretty even right now...anyone else?

For a guy who missed a big chunk of the season last year... (I know I had him) how has Caddy been annoited a stud ????

I agree with this on some level. How is Caddy, and for that matter R. Brown as well, deemed a stud already. What have they really done other than be full of potential. And in Caddy's case unless I am wrong he will lose GL carries to Alstott as well.

Now in this case HAVE to start Caddy over Gore. I thought about playing Gore over McGahee for a minute and then I decided to go with McGahee. Same deal for you. Stick with Caddy until we see how Gore and that SF team look.

My point exactly Grits....neither is a stud.... so play the one with the better matchup.... neither is proven.... Caddy a little bit more than Gore in this case. My response was to the comment that you always play your studs. Just because a guy is ranked preseason as a top 10 pick doesnt mean he is a stud. Last year Caddy ended up the #21 running back in my league....thats far from a stud !!!!

You'd really bench your first round pick (Caddy) for an player on SF's offense? Really?

For those had hadn't looked at my signature, it's an AUCTION league. We don't have first round picks. And yes, since every publication in the Western world seems to have Gore as a must-start, I felt it was a fair question given the fact that Baltimore has a low rushing tds against in David Dorey's SOS analysis. However, I get the point from others about waiting to see how Gore pans out...

For those had hadn't looked at my signature, it's an AUCTION league. We don't have first round picks. And yes, since every publication in the Western world seems to have Gore as a must-start, I felt it was a fair question given the fact that Baltimore has a low rushing tds against in David Dorey's SOS analysis. However, I get the point from others about waiting to see how Gore pans out...

Given the fact that I have EVERYBODY'S sigline turned off it wasn't obvious to me that it was an auction league. How much did you pay for Caddy versus Gore? Would that be an indication of which is the back in a better position to succeed?

I guess I'm in disagreement with "every publication in the Western world" because I don't believe for a second that Gore comes with in sniffing distance of being a must start.

DMD has Gore projected at 90 total yards and 1 TD ... he has Cadillac projected at 130 total yards and 1 TD.

WW has both as a 'S'tart

So I guess it's every publication in the Western world, except DMD's projections

Both Caddy and Gore were keepers for me - Gore was a late season pickup at $1. I will agree that I suspect that in an open auction, Caddy would probably command more and thus be seen as the likely #1. I also recognize that the "every publication in the Western world" was a bit of hyperbole. I will say that Gore is listed as a starter on several websites' Start/Sit reports. But on a week to week basis, one could easily make the argument for a lesser player by virtue of the matchup, if the player has sufficient upside and the #1 option is facing a difficult defense.