[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Idiotic Trade Offers

Fafafooey

I joined this site cause quite frankly I am clueless and I respect the opinions of more experienced fantasy players. I am in a league with a bunch of obnoxious "know-it-alls" (who isn't?) I put shockey on the block for the hell of it to see, what I could get. I have Watson. As suggested on these forums, I wouldn't trade him till after a game or two to see how Brady and Watson work. With that said, I was made an offer...here it is:

Winslow TE

Bruce WR

Lundy RB

FOR SHOCKEY!!!

How should I respond? Is he ripping me off? I'd say yes...My RB's are: Larry Johnson, Betts, Maroney, Portis, Marion Barber...My WR's are: Boldin, Ward, Gabriel, Branch, as I said my TE is Watson. My QB is Brady, Elam K, and Carolina DEF...

should I counter? here is his team:

QB D. Culpepper

WR T. Owens

WR P. Burress

WR D. Bennett

RB C. Dillon

RB S. Jackson

TE K. Winslow

BN I. Bruce

BN A. Green

BN D. Rhodes

BN Mi. Clayton

BN W. Lundy

BN B. Roethlisberger

K Kasay

DEF NE

Help me not look like a fool...Thanks

This trade certainly would not help your team. You will likely want to trade one of those two TE’s at some point, so don’t burn any bridges. You can’t blame him for trying to slide one past you. I’d simply decline this offer, and try and trade one of your TE’s after they have a big game and their value peaks.

Edited by Catfish

I'd agree with everyone else. Not bad, but I wouldn't bite. As a rule, any time you're giving up the best player in a trade, you're getting hosed. In our league, I'm the king of pulling off the "three average guys for one stud" deals. If somebody's offering you a bunch of players for one, odds are, don't pull the trigger.

Winslow has the potential to be one of the best TEs in the league if he can stay healthy. Bruce is a consistent #2 WR but pretty much just a bye week filler. Lundy is a starting RB (granted it's for Houston and it will likely be RBBC, but still...).

That offer is more than fair for Shockey. I'm not sure why you titled this thread Idiotic Trades, and then asked if he's trying to rip you off. :D

After Larry Johnson every one of your other RB's has a question mark to him... if I were you I might want to go after Dillon, since you've already got Maroney... you could lock up the NE running game.

Shockey for Dillon.