[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Something I'd Like to See

Deacon

I was wondering if there was a way the player projections could be exported / downloaded (xls or maybe csv file). I use a database with our league and would like to be able to predict game outcomes based on those numbers. I'm certainly not going to take the time to manually enter them each week, but if there was a way to import them, I think it would be interesting. I would bet DMD uses some sort of database / spreadsheet to create the report -- would it be possible to do this? Would anybody else be interested? Maybe I'm the only one who sees any value in it. :D

I was wondering if there was a way the player projections could be exported / downloaded (xls or maybe csv file). I use a database with our league and would like to be able to predict game outcomes based on those numbers. I'm certainly not going to take the time to manually enter them each week, but if there was a way to import them, I think it would be interesting. I would bet DMD uses some sort of database / spreadsheet to create the report -- would it be possible to do this? Would anybody else be interested? Maybe I'm the only one who sees any value in it. :D

I think I have the answer, but there's no way someone can be that stupid not to think of it :D

I certainly cannot stop nor really mind people taking my projections and copying/pasting them into their own spreadsheet for use in their personal league. The biggest reason that I do them the way that I do is because I am very adamant that projections need to be considered within the context of the entire team since each individual player is limited or benefits from his team (which I try to touch on in the text when it applies). Things like awarding touchdowns to receivers can really spike their comparative value to others in their position, but who would you rather start - Harrison projected at 100 yards and no score or Antonio Bryant projected at 50 yards and one touchdown?

The projections themselves do not exist in any spreadsheet or database because they are all done by hand on each game page and later copied to the one page projections. I have shied away from making a listing of them ranked by FF points because I think that is misleading in many cases and ignores the whole of the game which is more important.

DMD - Maybe this was asked already, how come the player projections are not not updated after the injury report on Friday? That was always the 1st thing I checked on Friday - I miss having that...

From the player projections by team page in week one:

(note - projections will be updated every Friday starting week two)

I thought this was going to be a request for links to free prOn.

:D

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pr0n surfed, weak and weary.

Over many a strang and spurious pronsite of "Hot XXX Galore!"

while I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there was a warning.

And my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour.

"Tis not possible"' I muttered "give me back my free harcore!"

Quoth the server: "Error 404"

I tried the cut & paste and it didn't give me what I was looking for because I'd still have to do a lot of work to clean up the data.

I am very adamant that projections need to be considered within the context of the entire team since each individual player is limited or benefits from his team ....

The projections themselves do not exist in any spreadsheet or database because they are all done by hand on each game page and later copied to the one page projections. I have shied away from making a listing of them ranked by FF points because I think that is misleading in many cases and ignores the whole of the game which is more important.

I realize this -- I just thought it would be fun to post pregame predictions based on your projections. I assumed you probably did work from a spreadsheet or database. I use FileMaker a lot and if the data (projected numbers) was in an existing database format, then I could easily import it and have instant predictions for our particular leage. Obviously that's not possible.

I tried the cut & paste and it didn't give me what I was looking for because I'd still have to do a lot of work to clean up the data.

I realize this -- I just thought it would be fun to post pregame predictions based on your projections. I assumed you probably did work from a spreadsheet or database. I use FileMaker a lot and if the data (projected numbers) was in an existing database format, then I could easily import it and have instant predictions for our particular leage. Obviously that's not possible.

No means NO!!!

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pr0n surfed, weak and weary.

Over many a strang and spurious pronsite of "Hot XXX Galore!"

while I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there was a warning.

And my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour.

"Tis not possible"' I muttered "give me back my free harcore!"

Quoth the server: "Error 404"

Very creative, LooGie. :D

I already do something similar to this with my teams with just a simple Excel spreadsheet. I have a list of each of my teams and players, when their bye weeks, who they play this week, as well as their projected stats in addition to their start/bench comment and ranking. It just gives a quick easy glance as to what my players might do.

I copy/paste the data from the player projection BY TEAM page (not by game). All the stats are one page but not the analysis. If you start copying at the first letter for the first team and then stop at the end of the table, you should be able to directly copy it into Excel without issues. Sort by name and there you go. The only players you need to look out for is Alex Smith the TE and QB as well as Phillip/Philip Rivers. The Huddle can't decide to spell Philip Rivers with one L or two.

Very creative, LooGie. :D

Methinks you give him too much credit. I'm sure he scarfed that version from elsewhere, but I found this version quite easily.

http://teenspace.cincinnatilibrary.org/sev...ems.asp?id=rapt