[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Menudo's Quick Picks

Menudo

Menudo...

SA Vs NYG

Or

Steven Jackson Vs ARI

Scoring:

1 pt every 10 yards rushing/receiving

6 per td

Don't be so quick to say SA, he hasn't put up a 100 yard game yet, and has had a pretty easy schedule. Jackson has a great matchup Vs Zona and is a sure bet to put up numbers. Also theres rumors of a foot injury with SA, but I don't think that will effect him at all.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Menudo,

I'm trying to stay ahead and see if I can deal players that have performed well to make my team a bit better for the long run.

Here's my team. We play in a combined yardage & TD league.

We start 1 qb, 3 rb, 3 wr(Tight end combined), 1 pk & 1 def

QB - WARNER, DELHOMME,LIENART

RB - TOMLINSON, BROWN, GORE, J. JONES, M.BELL

WR -OWENS, GATES,SHOCKEY,BRANCH

PK- GRAHME

DEF - CAROLINA, JACKSONVILLE

I have 2 trade offers on the table :

1. One guy has offered me Eli Manning & Plaxico Burress for

Gore & Branch.

Trying to move Warner but no one is biting on him, upcoming schedule looks rough but can keep him as a backup.

2. Another guy has offered me Westbrook,Buckhalter,M.Turner & L. Fitz

for Owens & R. Brown.

This one i'm not really leaning towards it's unless someone convinces me.

Now on the free agents pool the follwoing WR's are there:

Colston, Cotchery, Toomer, Jennings, B. Edwards,C.Henry,M.Jenkins,Chad Jackson

What do you think ? Appreciate any input given ! Thanks

Wow, that was fast! I've posted once before on one of these topics and never was answered in a timely manner. Sorry. That was really fast. I need to clarify the TE position with you, just in case you misread it. The D. Clark is DESMOND CLARK (Bears) AND NOT DALLAS CLARK. Would your opinion change or stay the same?

Also, what is your opinion on DeAngello Williams? To be specific- is he not ready to be a starter based on what we've seen yet. I know Foster is the starter, but Williams looks to be the one that will eventually get the bulk load. Is starting Parker less riskier than starting Williams? After the debocle in Jax? Are you basing your decision on what he did to the Bengals last year? Is Caddy a risk going up against Carolina? I know the Panthers have given up a lot to RB;s so far, but the Bucs haven't shown anything on offense. Will it just turn around and be forgotten? Tough questions! No one will know till this Sunday. 2 goose eggs in a row from Caddy for many owners. 3 strikes and your riding the pine....

Desmond Clark makes it closer, but, I'd still go with Heath Miller.

Moving forward, I really like what I saw from Williams this past weekend. However, you are going to need to exercise patience. I think he will eventually win that job from Foster, but, it's not going to happen after one big game. I do think he will eventually get the bulk, around the half-way point.

I think Parker has less risk than Williams. Parker is the man in Pittsburgh. Don't be fooled by Haynes early appearance. Haynes always plays in the 2 minute offense, and in the 2nd half, the Steelers spent a lot of time in it. Historically, the Steelers-Bengals games are good games for fantasy players on both sides, and I don't see that changing this week. Caddy is a bit risky against Carolina, but, again, he will get the bulk of the work, which makes him less risky than Williams.

Berian or Jennings??

I'm not sure who to start as my third WR

already starting Muhammad and Cotchery

Its a performance league (.10 for RecYds/1point per Recpt.)

Thoughts? :D

Jennings

Menudo...

SA Vs NYG

Or

Steven Jackson Vs ARI

Scoring:

1 pt every 10 yards rushing/receiving

6 per td

Don't be so quick to say SA, he hasn't put up a 100 yard game yet, and has had a pretty easy schedule. Jackson has a great matchup Vs Zona and is a sure bet to put up numbers. Also theres rumors of a foot injury with SA, but I don't think that will effect him at all.

Even before your paragrah at the bottom, my first thought was to go with Steven Jackson. Even though the Rams games have been low-scoring so far, I expect that to change this weekend.

Menudo,

I'm trying to stay ahead and see if I can deal players that have performed well to make my team a bit better for the long run.

Here's my team. We play in a combined yardage & TD league.

We start 1 qb, 3 rb, 3 wr(Tight end combined), 1 pk & 1 def

QB - WARNER, DELHOMME,LIENART

RB - TOMLINSON, BROWN, GORE, J. JONES, M.BELL

WR -OWENS, GATES,SHOCKEY,BRANCH

PK- GRAHME

DEF - CAROLINA, JACKSONVILLE

I have 2 trade offers on the table :

1. One guy has offered me Eli Manning & Plaxico Burress for

Gore & Branch.

Trying to move Warner but no one is biting on him, upcoming schedule looks rough but can keep him as a backup.

2. Another guy has offered me Westbrook,Buckhalter,M.Turner & L. Fitz

for Owens & R. Brown.

This one i'm not really leaning towards it's unless someone convinces me.

Now on the free agents pool the follwoing WR's are there:

Colston, Cotchery, Toomer, Jennings, B. Edwards,C.Henry,M.Jenkins,Chad Jackson

What do you think ? Appreciate any input given ! Thanks

Wouldn't do the first trade..... you have a RB who is not sharing time on an improving offense in Gore. I would pass on that deal.

I actually like the 2nd deal. Westbrook is great in the passing game, and I think Fitzgerald otuscores Owens this year.

If you do go the Free Agent route, I would rank them as follows:

Cotchery, Toomer, Jennings, Colston, Edwards, Jenkins, Jackson, Henry

Hope that helps.

Lundy's my RB4 and we can only carry 4 RBs. Gado was dropped on Wed and I can grab him in waivers tonight. Should I drop Lundy for him or still hold out that Lundy will end up on top of this RB mess?

Only other available FA are

Travis Henry

Mike Anderson

Pittman

O.k. I'll try this again. Give me your question, and I'll do my best to give you a good answer. I'll simply answer your question, and if you want details as to why, just ask............ Who Do I Start, Should I make this trade, Who should I pickup, Maryanne or Ginger, anything goes...................Fire away.

PPR League -- need to RBs WDIS:

BWest

RBrown

FGore

Menudo,

You seem backed up on the question here but here's one I've been burning about...

I trade Westbrook and Chad Johnson and get LT2 and Reggie Williams.

My RBs would be LT2, Gore, and Taylor

WRs Roy Williams, Housh, Bruce, Bennett

I am trying to tell him that Roy Williams will be better but he doesn't seem convinced. :D

Do this trade...Westy/C. Johnson for LT2 and Re. Williams???

Thanks!

I don't get this site, I make a thread and no one even looks at it.

So maybe you can help my out this week.

Maybe it doesn't matter since they are about the same, but WSIS?

Tiki at Sea

Chester v Chi

Bush v Atlanta

performance scoring system with recieving yards worth 2x more than rush yards (1 for 10 rec yards vs 1 for 20 rush)

thanks

Edited by rai

Quick one here:

1) How would you order, from best to worst the following: D Williams (Car); D McAllister (NO) and A Green (GB)?

Thanks,

Zoman

A. Green

McAllister

D. Williams

Did I get a good trade?

He got:

Dunn, Givens and Bruce

I got:

E. James, Ward, Burleson

Should I start Ward or Toomer this week?

Yes, I think you made out on your trade. Burleson and Givens are a wash, as I don't expect much from either one. Edge is better than Dunn, imho, and Ward is better than Bruce, imho.

For this week.... Ward