[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantasy Advice

Flip_Side

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Back again this week, got quite a few right last time. Was off on a few, but overall was pretty good.

Post your WDIS's with Matchups please!

Thanks

Colston vs ATL

or

Crumpler vs NO

Manning vs Sea

or Pennington vs Buf

And who would you start at RB if Tiki is out(must start 2)

R.Bush

E.James

W.Parker

Duce

Crumpler Vs NO, great matchup everyone has been able to throw on them so far.

Manning, he should have a great game. He will need to throw the ball quite a bit to keep up with Seattle.

Why would Tiki be out? I haven't heard of an injury or anything....but if you have to start someone besides Tiki I would go Parker and James. Both have great matchups and will be needed big time by there teams this week.

Crumpler Vs NO, great matchup everyone has been able to throw on them so far.

Manning, he should have a great game. He will need to throw the ball quite a bit to keep up with Seattle.

Why would Tiki be out? I haven't heard of an injury or anything....but if you have to start someone besides Tiki I would go Parker and James. Both have great matchups and will be needed big time by there teams this week.

Tiki will have an X-ray this week on his forearm. It may be either badly bruised or broken. Better be a bruise haha

Im thinking dropping Lee Evans...

Options currently on the free agent market:

Rod Smith

Michael Clayton

Bryant Johnson

Greg Jennings

Chad Jackson

Troy Brown

Braylon Edwards...

Who should I go with, or should I stick with Evans...

My other receivers are: TJ, Troy Williamson and Matt Jones

Thanks

20 yards for a point

td = 6 points

How would you rate these potential QB pick-ups for the long haul, this year ?

1) GROSSMAN - Chicago

2) PENNINGTON- NY Jets

3) D. CARR - HOUS.

4) ALEX SMITH - SF

I am suffering with Plummer in one league, and Delhomme in 2 others , and need to generate a "QB spark" !

Grossman is Grossman, This weeks game was a fluke imo. Won't happen again, you would be lucky to even get a TD out of him from now on.

Carr- Playing on a horrible team, has weapons now with Moulds added to the receiving corp. I just don't think he'll be able to produce week in and week out though, I wouldn't take a chance on him.

Alex Smith- Just no, he hasn't played bad but he's had a helluva easy schedule so far. No way he keeps it up....

Pennington- He's your best bet imo, he's been playing very well so far. The Jets don't look that bad this year, I think he will keep chucking the ball like he has been considering they have no actual running game. Go with Pennington before you go with the other 3 for sure.

Im thinking dropping Lee Evans...

Options currently on the free agent market:

Rod Smith

Michael Clayton

Bryant Johnson

Greg Jennings

Chad Jackson

Troy Brown

Braylon Edwards...

Who should I go with, or should I stick with Evans...

My other receivers are: TJ, Troy Williamson and Matt Jones

Thanks

20 yards for a point

td = 6 points

Not sure yet, it's still early. I personally think Evans will bounce back, Losman hasn't attempted to throw the ball all that much. Evans sure has been getting the most looks for the Bills receivers this year, he just hasn't had that big play to make u rejoice that you drafted him yet. It will come, I would stick with him. If you really would like to get rid of him, Braylon Edwards or Greg Jennings would be a good pick up. Both are targeted heavily by their QB's. Rod Smith is a no because Plummer is just plain horrible, and Smith's wheels have just fallen off.

Which 2 WR's should I pickup and stash away on my bench?

Mike Furrey

Wes Welker

Bernard Berrian

Greg Jennings

Kelly Washington

Chris Henry

Jennings and Berrian. Henry was looking good, but with Housh back I don't think he has much importance in that offense.

How would you rank these WR's

Branch

Galloway

M Muhamed

Colston

Thanks for the help :D

Galloway- Targeted like crazy this week, 150+ yards receiving.

Muhammad- Grossman playing better than usual, Muhammad will be a force.

Branch- New to the offense still, so much WR depth. I just don't know how he could put up too good of numbers.

Colston- Decent receiver at best.

The bye week and tough matchups are making for a weak lineup this week. Need some help in determining who is going to do the best.

LJ, Kennison and McCardell on bye

QB-Warner - He'll be fine against STL

RB-Bush-He's my best option at RB so I have to start him

RB-? - Need 1 from:

Droughns - Been awful and playing BAL

Norwood - Playing NO but behind Dunn, still may be better than Droughns. Nothing on WW, would have to try and work a trade if I want anyone else.

WR-Fitz-Stud

WR-Berrian-Just picked him up and he's @MIN. Hoping for another good week.

WR-? - Need 1 from:

R. Smith - Concussed and playing NE

Engram - Playing NYG, but Branch is playing so he'll be #3 or 4

Edwards - Like him, but he's playing BAL

Taylor - Virtuallly lost in MIN offense

Could pickup Welker, D. Carter, Chad Jackson, Henderson, Perry (Housh should be back), Bryant Johnson.

TE-LJ Smith - If he plays, then he's my guy, otherwise I need to grab a TE, is Wilcox worth a gamble for a week?

I know it's a bunch, but please help where you can and I will gladly return the favor. Sometimes you just can't see the forest through the trees.

Thanks

The bye week and tough matchups are making for a weak lineup this week. Need some help in determining who is going to do the best.

LJ, Kennison and McCardell on bye

QB-Warner - He'll be fine against STL

RB-Bush-He's my best option at RB so I have to start him

RB-? - Need 1 from:

Droughns - Been awful and playing BAL

Norwood - Playing NO but behind Dunn, still may be better than Droughns. Nothing on WW, would have to try and work a trade if I want anyone else.

WR-Fitz-Stud

WR-Berrian-Just picked him up and he's @MIN. Hoping for another good week.

WR-? - Need 1 from:

R. Smith - Concussed and playing NE

Engram - Playing NYG, but Branch is playing so he'll be #3 or 4

Edwards - Like him, but he's playing BAL

Taylor - Virtuallly lost in MIN offense

Could pickup Welker, D. Carter, Chad Jackson, Henderson, Perry (Housh should be back), Bryant Johnson.

TE-LJ Smith - If he plays, then he's my guy, otherwise I need to grab a TE, is Wilcox worth a gamble for a week?

I know it's a bunch, but please help where you can and I will gladly return the favor. Sometimes you just can't see the forest through the trees.

Thanks

For RB: I read somewhere that Droughns had a shoulder injury I believe, but I can't find it now. But really I wouldn't go with him either way. Baltimore has looked mighty tough, I think Norwood will rack up some good yardage on MNF Vs a not so good NO D. He's your safest bet to get some points.

For WR: That's a hard group to choose from this week, Smith has looked horrible, his wheels have fallen off and Plummer can't get him the ball anyway. Engram as you said will be dropped down in the depth chart, I don't expect him to do much. Edwards could have a decent game, he is targeted quite a bit. I think he'll catch a few balls for some decent yardage. He's probably your best bet, I don't think Taylor will do much of anything at all especially playing against the Bears. Go with Braylon, he'll atleast do decent. No one on your waiver wire is worth a pickup imo.

For TE: I think LJ will play, but if not I wouldn't take a gamble on Wilcox, he was only targeted a single time in the game Sunday. You would be lucky to get even a few points out of him.

My Team

QB – Bulger, Favre

RB – Gore, Mike Bell, Thomas Jones, Lundy

WR – Harrison, Boldin, Moulds, Colston, Jennings

TE – Watson

K – Feely

DEF – Steelers

Team 1

QB – Brady, Big Ben

RB – LT, Ronnie Brown, D Williams, Gado

WR – Wayne, Matt Jones, Mark Clayton, Mike Clayton, Edwards

TE – Gates

K – Kasay

DEF – Vikings

I'm weak at RB with really nothing behind Gore. Team 1 is weak at WR and a Bears Homer so I'm thinking of offering Boldin and Thomas Jones for Ronnie Brown and Edwards (he won't give up Matt Jones). This would give me Gore and Brown at RB, with Harrison and then playing matchups for the other 2 spots. I like getting stronger at RB but this may weaken me too much at WR. My 2 keepers for next year would then be my pick of Harrison, Gore, and Brown. If he bites should I do this or....

Team 2

QB – Bledsoe, McNair, Alex Smith

RB – Edge, Caddy, Rhodes, Barlow

WR – Holt, Mason, Santana Moss, Cotchery, Toomer

TE – McMichael

K – J Brown

DEF – Bears

Team 2 isn't happy with his WRs either, hates Moss. I would offer Boldin and T Jones for James and Moss or Cotchery. Again I get stronger at RB, but I just don't think Edge will do what he's done in the past. Santana Moss or Cotchery would be better WR than I would get in the other trade. Keepers would then still be Harrison and Gore.

It's also possible to get Caddy, but I'd have to trade Harrison and Jones for Caddy and Holt. Both players have struggled and they have to improve. Holt should be as good as Harrison I would think, though Indy looks like they will be passing a ton this year. I'd then have Gore and Holt/Caddy as keepers. This guy is also in my division and I'm always cautious about trading in my division.

WDIS? (start 2 of the 3)

Chester Taylor vs Chicago

Maroney vs Denver

K. Jones vs Green Bay

and

(start 2 of 3)

Galloway vs Carolina

Muhammed @ Minnesota

Branch vs NYG

Chester Taylor- Getting the ball a lot, should put up decent numbers

K.Jones- Hasn't played that great, but that will change this week Vs Green Bay for sure.

and

Galloway- Was targeted heavily last week, 150+ yards should do well against a struggling Carolina team.

Muhammad- Will see the ball quite a bit this week Vs Minnesota, he should do well.

My Team

QB – Bulger, Favre

RB – Gore, Mike Bell, Thomas Jones, Lundy

WR – Harrison, Boldin, Moulds, Colston, Jennings

TE – Watson

K – Feely

DEF – Steelers

Team 1

QB – Brady, Big Ben

RB – LT, Ronnie Brown, D Williams, Gado

WR – Wayne, Matt Jones, Mark Clayton, Mike Clayton, Edwards

TE – Gates

K – Kasay

DEF – Vikings

I'm weak at RB with really nothing behind Gore. Team 1 is weak at WR and a Bears Homer so I'm thinking of offering Boldin and Thomas Jones for Ronnie Brown and Edwards (he won't give up Matt Jones). This would give me Gore and Brown at RB, with Harrison and then playing matchups for the other 2 spots. I like getting stronger at RB but this may weaken me too much at WR. My 2 keepers for next year would then be my pick of Harrison, Gore, and Brown. If he bites should I do this or....

Team 2

QB – Bledsoe, McNair, Alex Smith

RB – Edge, Caddy, Rhodes, Barlow

WR – Holt, Mason, Santana Moss, Cotchery, Toomer

TE – McMichael

K – J Brown

DEF – Bears

Team 2 isn't happy with his WRs either, hates Moss. I would offer Boldin and T Jones for James and Moss or Cotchery. Again I get stronger at RB, but I just don't think Edge will do what he's done in the past. Santana Moss or Cotchery would be better WR than I would get in the other trade. Keepers would then still be Harrison and Gore.

It's also possible to get Caddy, but I'd have to trade Harrison and Jones for Caddy and Holt. Both players have struggled and they have to improve. Holt should be as good as Harrison I would think, though Indy looks like they will be passing a ton this year. I'd then have Gore and Holt/Caddy as keepers. This guy is also in my division and I'm always cautious about trading in my division.

Go with the first trade, you will be fine at WR even without Boldin. He is giving you Edwards also, I like him a lot this year actually. You're very right about you needing to improve your RB's, Brown will do that for you. He has an easy schedule, try to do this trade as fast as you can. Brown has Tennessee, Houston, Jets, and Green Bay in the next 5 weeks.

I don't like the second trade because your only getting Edge really, I don't like Moss at all this year especially with Brunell still tossing the rock. Edge will never be the same playing for Arizona with that line, Brown will do far better imo.

Don't go for the 3rd trade, Tampa Bay is a mess right now, Caddy has looked horrible, (I know he's injured but still) and you don't need Holt too bad your WR's will be fine.

Edited by Flip_Side

Flip - thanks in advance!

I need help at WR (team is in sig) ... I'm trying to decide between picking up Reggie Williams or Marques Colston.

Who would you pick up, and who would you drop from my roster? I was thinking Maurice Jones-Drew, but should I drop someone like Clayton or Evans?

Thanks again! :D

Thanks...

one more WDIS

What about McMicheal vs. Tenny

or Desmond Clark vs.@ Min

Clark is a FA meaning i would drop mcmicheal for him so this may be a long term WDIS

Tough, I wouldn't abandon McMichael just yet. Culpepper will eventually get his roll on once again, and Randy will be a big part of that. Clark has looked like a beast the last few weeks, but it's Grossman how long can it last? Plus they haven't really been playing the hardest of teams this year.(Green Bay and Detroit)

Flip - thanks in advance!

I need help at WR (team is in sig) ... I'm trying to decide between picking up Reggie Williams or Marques Colston.

Who would you pick up, and who would you drop from my roster? I was thinking Maurice Jones-Drew, but should I drop someone like Clayton or Evans?

Thanks again! :D

Go Colston. Both have looked pretty good so far, but there is just too much WR depth in Jacksonville, with Jones, Wilford, and Reggie. Colston is already being targeted more than Horn, he looks like Bree's favorite target thus far. I'd drop Jones-Drew for him for sure.

Which QB?

Palmer @ Pit

or

Grossman @ Min

Pick 1 for Flex:

Lee Evans @ NYJ

Benson @ Min

Key Johnson @ TB

Thanks,

Gotta go Palmer, he's a stud.

Go Lee Evans for flex, I think this is the week he puts up some good numbers.