[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Advice

Hi All - I am new to this forum and could really use some trade advice. I am in a 12-team keeper league in which we are allowed to keep eight players from year to year. This basically means we are drafting mostly rookies and castoffs come the draft. I have had a good team for years, but have started slow this year and don't anticipate making the playoffs. I am thinking about trading L. Tomlinson (SD) for J. Jones (Dal) and C. Taylor (Min) - My line of thinking is that I am (1) Building for the future by getting two good young starting running backs for one (2) Rebuilding through our draft would take to long (3) Trying to avoid having to start three Chargers at the same time because I think River will be better than Gossman. I really want to get L. Maroney from him as one of the two players but I am pretty sure he won't give him up!!!

My Roster...

QB - P. Rivers, R. Grossman, T. Green

RB - L. Tomlinson, R. Johnson, M. Turner, L. Washington

WR - M. Harrison, R. Moss, R. Smith, A. Bryant

TE - A. Gates

K - J. Elam

His Roster...

QB - D. McNabb, M. Hasselbeck

RB - E. James, S. Alexander, J. Jones, L. Maroney, C. Taylor

WR - R. Williams, J. Walker, K. Johnson

TE - R. McMichael, V. Davis

K - J. Wilkins

P.S. - I do realize that I am handing him the championship this year if I do this - but this year is already a write off and it's tough to rebuild through the draft

I think you are insane if you trade Tomlinson for Chester Taylor and J. Jones. Let me go through your Keepers for you.....

QB - Rivers and Grossman are both solid young QBs and very worthy of keeping if you can keep up to 8 players

RB - Tomlinson and R. Johnson are studs and much, much better options that J. Jones. Chester Taylor has put up good yardage, but where are the TDs. Minnesota's offense has been bad this year and I do not see them lighting it up anywhere near what SD and Cincy can do. LT and RJ are also moving into their prime. KEEP EM. Also, keep an eye on Washington from NY. He may be another young guy that may/may not develop

WR - OLD, BAD, OLD, BAD. In that order. I would look to trade Harrison and Moss if you are wanting to get younger. Hassison has HIGH value and there is still a couple of suckers out there that have forgotten that Moss plays on an AWEFUL team

TE - Gates - Best TE in the game, and who cares if you have three Chargers. Their offense is on fire. Think back to the late 90's when Warner, Faulk, and Bruce/Holt were lighting it up for the Rams. Their were a few teams that I can remember that won champainships with those three cats.

K - OLD. Get a new one regardless of the leg strength and that he plays in Denver. PLUS...their offense SUCKS.

My eyes tell me that you have 5-6 SOLID keepers that anyone would envy. If there was an area that I would get younger at it would be WR. Try trading Moss or Harrison for younger WRs. I am certain that Lendale White and DeAngelo Williams can be had for a pretty bargin basement price right now. Try trading Moss for one of those two.

Now I'm not one to say NEVER trade LT if the offer is right...but this offer is not.

If you want Maroney he should be happy to give him up for LT.

I expect Turner to be in a better situation next year as he is a RFA which will draw interest. So you may be keeping him as a guy like...oh Chester Taylor.

Chester Taylor and Julius Jones are ranked around 15-20 in my book so I wouldn't even consider this trade....for the guy ranked #1.

:D If you are in a "keeper" league that can keep 8 players from year to year... you are actually in what is called a "dynasty" league. This is the type of league that makes me :D

What can be the excitement in going into a new season every year when your team is the same mostly every year. It also allows the same group of teams to dominate while the rest flounder.

The NFL had to go to salary caps and free agent arbitration to try to get parity and these leagues are like the NFL before these rules were put in effect.

NO LUCK FOR YOU

:D If you are in a "keeper" league that can keep 8 players from year to year... you are actually in what is called a "dynasty" league. This is the type of league that makes me :D

What can be the excitement in going into a new season every year when your team is the same mostly every year. It also allows the same group of teams to dominate while the rest flounder.

The NFL had to go to salary caps and free agent arbitration to try to get parity and these leagues are like the NFL before these rules were put in effect.

NO LUCK FOR YOU

Well, let me tell you my little LT story.. It goes like this, last week the guy in my league was shopping LT (after 2 tough D's & a bye), he obviously didnt look at LT's cupcake sched the rest of the way.. Ok he then wanted my whole team for LT, and we settled on what he called "he raped me" when i gave him Palmer,R.Brown & C.Taylor for LT & Turner... I dont care if it seems like i gave up alot, I WIN ON THE TRADE.. LT will outscore Brown & Taylor combined the rest of the way, and i got Eli to take over for Palmer who is still rusty..

NO LUCK FOR YOU

Well, that is if the same players perform good and bad year after year, which they do not. OR if there are no injuries upsetting the values...which there are every year. How's the LJ or SA owner doing this year after clearing a spot on the mantle for their FF trophy? Not quite as dominant I'm sure.

I agree, these leagues are not much fun on draft night, which is one of the best nights of the year for me, but there is so much change year to year, a team has to be on their toes to dominate.

Hi All - I am new to this forum and could really use some trade advice. I am in a 12-team keeper league in which we are allowed to keep eight players from year to year. This basically means we are drafting mostly rookies and castoffs come the draft. I have had a good team for years, but have started slow this year and don't anticipate making the playoffs. I am thinking about trading L. Tomlinson (SD) for J. Jones (Dal) and C. Taylor (Min) - My line of thinking is that I am (1) Building for the future by getting two good young starting running backs for one (2) Rebuilding through our draft would take to long (3) Trying to avoid having to start three Chargers at the same time because I think River will be better than Gossman. I really want to get L. Maroney from him as one of the two players but I am pretty sure he won't give him up!!!

My Roster...

QB - P. Rivers, R. Grossman, T. Green

RB - L. Tomlinson, R. Johnson, M. Turner, L. Washington

WR - M. Harrison, R. Moss, R. Smith, A. Bryant

TE - A. Gates

K - J. Elam

His Roster...

QB - D. McNabb, M. Hasselbeck

RB - E. James, S. Alexander, J. Jones, L. Maroney, C. Taylor

WR - R. Williams, J. Walker, K. Johnson

TE - R. McMichael, V. Davis

K - J. Wilkins

P.S. - I do realize that I am handing him the championship this year if I do this - but this year is already a write off and it's tough to rebuild through the draft

NO,keep Lt till he dies