[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dynasty League Integrity

Sgt. Ryan

:Maybe one option of adding to the rules to discourage such a "rebuilding sale" would be to limit the number of 1-year contract players that can be sold and/or traded under specific conditions (after the 3rd player ... no league money could be received in the trade, etc). At least that would limit the ability to pick up people becoming RFA's while still giving limited other options.

It would not be productive for any league to stifle trading unless it is a 'no trading' specific league.

If limits or conditions were placed on one year contract players there would be a whole herd of owners in trouble. Contracts are not limitless and neither is money. Often the inducement to agree to a trade is the 1 or 2 bucks one receives.

There have been 5 trades made in the last 2 days (one awaiting week 8). 2 involved money. Limits or conditions? Problably only two of them would have been proposed/accepted.

Heavily involved owners produce an intensive league with heavy trading and interaction. Intense owners produce intense discussions.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users)

5 Members: junebugz, Bier Meister, blaw23, Aiea Sparks, PlayaHata

If only Kegz had like, say 100 more points ... he wouldn't be having this problem huh?

2 entirely different teams and scenarios.......

so is that why spain is involved in the league? :D

No sheep I am afraid.

Herd is taken from Atlanta Cracker and his remarks in our forum about our owners:

"This is like herding cats."

Don't believe Spain is quick enough to catch cats. LOL

Or if sarge hadn't traded for a potentially early first round pick in that league...... one that could land him Adrian Peterson or one of the other big RBs coming out.. or oculd have him just outside the range of those guys.... thus his convenient reccomendation that keggerz be docked 3 draft spots..... :D

BC, as usual you do not have your facts straight, Im not saying anyone should be docked 4 spots, for my benefit. Im trying to prevent a team from stealing the top pick, by tanking. And Ill be getting a high pick regardless of where Keg picks. And looking at my team, in a 16 team league I have Westbrook, LJ, and Chester. There is no guarantee I would pass on Ga Tech WR Calvin Johnson at 1.2, considering the weakness of my team is WR. If I got 1.1, Id surely take Peterson, because Im a biased Sooner Fan. But please dont twist my reaction to Keg, for my own benefit. Im trying to prevent him from affecting the rest of the league with his actions, for his benefit.

I know I was "considered" for this league in the offseason. Please remove me from any future considerations. Thanks. :D

Seriously though...knowing one of the guys in the league personally, having met several others, (including Keg)....I do not think his intent is anything that would harm the league or it's integrity. While I do not agree with Keg's strategy, and can see why some may be upset...believe me, he has a strategy. Maybe ill-advised, but there is a plan in place. Would I do it? No, but that doesn't really matter. It's his team to GM (within the rules) and if all of it blows up in his face...well, then it does. I don't think it was right to take this to the MB either though. Said league has enough lurkers as it is. Things like this though just make me realize that FF is just a game. A fantasy game! I know it's easy to look at it like that when you only have 1 decent team in 3 leagues (as I do), but c'mon....this is crazy stuff here. How serious do you fekers take this stuff? :D

Edited by Hitman

On a scale of 1-10, this past week has probably rated a 7....maybe an 8. There have been 11's and 12's.

It's an excellent herd of owners believe me. Grade A all the way.

As one who lurks there very occasionally in order to learn, the above is true, no doubt about it. "Intense" was very accurate too.

I know I was "considered" for this league in the offseason. Please remove me from any future considerations. Thanks. :bash:

Seriously though...knowing one of the guys in the league personally, having met several others, (including Keg)....I do not think his intent is anything that would harm the league or it's integrity. While I do not agree with Keg's strategy, and can see why some may be upset...believe me, he has a strategy. Maybe ill-advised, but there is a plan in place. Would I do it? No, but that doesn't really matter. It's his team to GM (within the rules) and if all of it blows up in his face...well, then it does. I don't think it was right to take this to the MB either though. Said league has enough lurkers as it is. Things like this though just make me realize that FF is just a game. A fantasy game! I know it's easy to look at it like that when you only have 1 decent team in 3 leagues (as I do), but c'mon....this is crazy stuff here. How serious do you fekers take this stuff? :D

I dunno. I think that Kegs Fusion squad might give your DW2 squad a run for your money. :D

No sheep I am afraid.

Herd is taken from Atlanta Cracker and his remarks in our forum about our owners:

"This is like herding cats."

Don't believe Spain is quick enough to catch cats. LOL

He's no Billy Thompson. :D

and the only other leagues I play on the huddle are DW and GMX, and we havent had any turnover there outside of adding Rovers and Frazia, who were recommended by me of all people.

:D LIAR !!!! :D:bash:

P.S. I think Ben Roethlisberger is a better QB than Trent Dilfer ever was.

Soooo, you like chaos and mayhem? :D

Three of the original invitees didn't even last until the rules were solidified. They mistakenly thought that FF was a hobby. Once they found out it really isn't, and that they couldn't handle the heat, they decided to go back to the 4 team leagues they were in with Little Sisters of the Clueless.

Three of the original invitees didn't even last until the rules were solidified. They mistakenly thought that FF was a hobby. Once they found out it really isn't, and that they couldn't handle the heat, they decided to go back to the 4 team leagues they were in with Little Sisters of the Clueless.

:D

I wonder if one of them is picking up Willie Parker off the waiver wire this week.

And now, the $64,000 question.............will Keg's strategy work? Will he be competative next year, or is this the route to the league doormat? :D

It appears to me that he has put a lot of thought into this course of action. Certainly more than Bush/Cheney have put into foreign policy. (sorry, gratuitous Bush dig.) I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and, if he uses all of those FA dollars and picks wisely, he could be competative for a wild card in 2007. In 2008, he could rule the roost, including a 225 - 176 win over Sgt. ryan. :D Of course, he could also suck.