[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Frank Gore

junk_face

What are your thoughts on Frank Gore? He's hovered near the top of the rankings all year long, but that was in part due a huge game against the Cards in week 1. It looks like he's got pretty a pretty easy schedule once he gets past the Bears and Vikes the next 2 weeks.

Is he a stud that's going to keep rolling this year, or is he going to fall off since he's never been "the man" for an entire year?

I think so but not this week

Yeah, I definitely agree with that. I just wonder if he will produce after that. I can make a deal for Portis, but Gore and Portis are pretty much the same in scoring this year in my league. So, I just wonder if it's worth giving up quite a bit for Portis - Gore included - or if I just keep the faith in Gore.

I think so but not this week

that's not really a statement about Gore more it's a statement of the CHI D.

even though SF had to abandon the run early vs. SD, Gore still ended the game with a nice 5.5 ypc.

if that damn O-line can stay healthy he should definitely be able to keep it going imo.

Yeah, I definitely agree with that. I just wonder if he will produce after that. I can make a deal for Portis, but Gore and Portis are pretty much the same in scoring this year in my league. So, I just wonder if it's worth giving up quite a bit for Portis - Gore included - or if I just keep the faith in Gore.

i'd try making a deal for Gore AFTER this CHI game. after this week Gore will probably be at his lowest value all season.

Gore is the #10 scoring RB in a 10 team league scoring format I'm in ... that makes him a solid #2, perfect spot starter at #3 ... and I can't move him (also have Portis, McGahee, Green & Lundy) because owners get hung up on what round I drafted him in and the fact he plays for the Niners -- nobody can see that with Portis' injuries early on, Gore is a big part of why I'm #2 in the league ...

Gore needs to stay healthy, too. He is playing on 2 surgically reconstructed knees. People seem to ignore his injury history because it occured in college. If he can't stay healthy in college, what are his chances of staying healthy in the NFL?

You're also bringing up things that happened 3 and 4 years ago...

Edge and McGahee have both had there knee's repaired, but we dont talk about those eiether... Why? Because modern medicine has changed so much that these injuries are not as detramental as they were 5 or 10 years ago.

Allen and Jennings are both back this week, and have been missing most of the season and Gore has still been getting decent yards per carry. This week look for the O-line to be the strongest its been since week one with Snieder moving to RT. I wouldn't be surprised if Gore has a decent first half against the Bears.

Realistically though, taking the homerism away, the defense stinks. If they don't get lucky Gore will lose carries in the 2nd half due to the passing game having to catch up.

With the power running game back I look for Gore to finish the year strong.

Edited by mitpdub

Not as great as it looked pre-season but here's his remaining schedule (post- CHI). If all goes as planned he will have Allen back as well. Here it is:

MIN, @DET, SEA, @STL, @NO, GB, @SEA, ARZ

GB and AZ in weeks 14 and 16 jump out at me. DET and STL look nice as well. I don't think Gore can be full-time starter for you but I do think he's a guy that can bring you title as a #3, matchup type guy.

I also think CHI will be an interesting barometer for what to expect from the tougher Ds for the upcoming stretch. But I wil go even further and say if Allen and Jennings escape CHI unscathed then bump Gore's prospects up some in the tougher matchups.