[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Damn Huard injury - ru-roh

DMD

QB Damon Huard was unable to finish Thursday's practice after apparently straining his groin. Chiefs coach Herm Edwards did not disclose the possible injury in his post-practice press briefing. The severity of the injury was not immediately known. Rookie Brodie Croyle is the only healthy quarterback on the active roster.

If Huard is hurt enough not to play, this SEA-KC match-up is looking stranger all the time.

Huard hurt in Chiefs practice

By ELIZABETH MERRILL

The Kansas City Star

Just when it looked as if coach Herm Edwards’ bad luck with quarterbacks was turning, the Chiefs were hit with another injury Thursday.

Damon Huard suffered an undisclosed injury toward the end of practice, a source close to the team said, and his status is uncertain for Sunday’s game with the Seahawks. The injury came roughly 24 hours after veteran quarterback Trent Green returned to practice from nearly a seven-week layoff from a severe concussion.

Green isn’t expected back until at least the Miami game Nov. 12, but the Chiefs were confident because Huard had filled in admirably and led the team to a 3-2 record as a starter. His biggest win came last weekend, when he helped Kansas City to a 30-27 upset over the Chargers. Huard, who hadn’t completed a pass in five years before Green went down, is ranked fifth in the league with a 96.7 quarterback rating. He’s completed 104 of 163 passes for 1,163 yards and seven touchdowns.

The starting quarterback generally meets with reporters on Thursday afternoons, but Huard was absent this week. The club’s PR department said he was attending an NFL Players Association meeting. Much of the locker room was empty late Thursday, apparently because of the meeting.

Rookie Brodie Croyle took the reps at the end of Thursday’s practice, which was moved indoors because of the rain. Croyle, a finalist for the Johnny Unitas award last year at Alabama, is considered the Chiefs’ quarterback of the future.

But he’s untested and threw two interceptions in mop-up time Oct. 15 at Pittsburgh.

Edwards has had his share of headaches with quarterbacks. Four of his quarterbacks went down to injury last year in New York, and, in his debut game in Kansas City, Green was knocked unconscious after making his 81st straight start.

The Seahawks are also dealing with quarterback issues. Starter Matt Hasselbeck will sit Sunday because of a knee injury.

ru-roh?......nah...this game will be won on the legs of Larry Johnson and the Chiefs Defense anyway. Croyle has a heck of an arm...but he's not ready to play....for obvious reasons.

Ive got Hass (hurt) and Kitna (bye) so I poicked up Huard....I am in deep doo doo now....

What about Alex Smith @ CHI? or Brad Johnson against NE? :D

Sure you still don't want to trade?

Edited by Hat Trick

Say What Willis?, I used KC this week in a pick em pool, it's down to just 16 :D from 100.

From another board

I don't have a link but I live here in KC and was listening to 610 Sports this morning. One of their media members said it's getting blown out of proportion. Supposedly, Huard was about an hour into practice when he "tweaked" a groin. The staff being very cautious had him sit out the last 30 minutes (since practices are normally 1.5 hours) and Croyle took "THE REMAINING SNAPS". Doesn't sound too serious to me and people sound like they are starting to panic. Huard will play Sunday.

From another board

I don't have a link but I live here in KC and was listening to 610 Sports this morning. One of their media members said it's getting blown out of proportion. Supposedly, Huard was about an hour into practice when he "tweaked" a groin. The staff being very cautious had him sit out the last 30 minutes (since practices are normally 1.5 hours) and Croyle took "THE REMAINING SNAPS". Doesn't sound too serious to me and people sound like they are starting to panic. Huard will play Sunday.

I hope so, thanks, keep us updated.

Nah, I am thinking either Young or Plummer....Id trade but I am not giving up McAllister for your backup QB...

Suit yourself...that "backup QB" is putting up starter QB numbers :D

i just picked him up.. green is out and leftwich isnt looking too hot. what a mess!

Sounds like we're in the same boat. Just last week before Leftwich got hurt I traded away Favre. Now I'm stuck with Green/Huard/Croyle/Leftwich/Garrard WTHDIS? :D

I'm not sure the difference is between it and the others that the guy has who loves boobies in his avi. She was wearing a top. But I won't argue about it I guess...

The top was transparent, that's all. BTW, if you right clicked on it and selected View Image, you got a bigger version. :D