[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Today in History:

Kansas State 2000

this'd be my luck:

1659 : Quakers executed for religious beliefs

William Robinson and Marmaduke Stevenson, two Quakers who came from England in 1656 to escape religious persecution, are executed in the Massachusetts Bay Colony for their religious beliefs.

On this date in 2002 Dallas Cowboys running back Emmitt Smith broke the NFL career rushing yardage record held by Walter Payton.

:D

And the game program and ticket stubs are on my wall right now... :D

This happened yesterday in history in 1991. The day my son was born.

With the Twins trailing three games to two, Puckett collected three hits, three RBIs and two runs scored. He made a spectacular leaping catch against the Metrodome's center field plexiglass to rob Ron Gant of extra bases, and then led off the bottom of the 11th inning with a game-winning home run. The Twins claimed their second championship in four years the next day as ace Jack Morris tossed 10 shutout innings in a dramatic 1-0 win.

Edited by MikesVikes

This happened yesterday in history in 1991. The day my son was born.

With the Twins trailing three games to two, Puckett collected three hits, three RBIs and two runs scored. He made a spectacular leaping catch against the Metrodome's center field plexiglass to rob Ron Gant of extra bases, and then led off the bottom of the 11th inning with a game-winning home run. The Twins claimed their second championship in four years the next day as ace Jack Morris tossed 10 shutout innings in a dramatic 1-0 win.

WOW! Who knew Puckett could jump? :D

Today in history, the Red Sox beat the Cardinals 3-0 to sweep the 2004 World Series. Their first WS win in 86 years :D

And a few years removed are not even making the playoffs. They made me a yankee fan.

BTW, Terrell Davis is now eligible for the HOF.

More importantly, LeRoy Butler