[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fair trade? Collusion?

liduck

Teams A and B are brothers - Team A has 6-1 record Team B 1-6 record

Team B trades Plaxico and E James to team A for Berrian and Toomer

League is not very happy but commish says based on YTD stats it's a fair trade

I've always said all trades should be allowed unless collusion is involved - this one seems terribly fishy

Should league let it stand or raise a stink???

Thanks in advance for opinions

In years past this trade looks worse. A stud WR/RB for an unknown and a potential has been. While Plax is valuable, Edge has not been himself in AZ. Meanwhile Berrian is lighting it up, and Toomer has resurfaced. It probably was collusion, but they have covered their tracks with recent performances of all involved. I could not vote to veto. :D

Can't look at trades in a vaccuuuumm. If B is deep at RB but WR depth is killlling them (say he drafted Porter, McCardell, and Burleson), this makes sense. Toomer is not, pointswise, much of a drop from Plax and Berrian has emerged while Edge has diminished. If A wants to move two WRs (one or both off his bench, most likely) to get a better one in the starting lineup and needs a bit more depth at RB (say he's carrying around Lamont Jordan as his only backup), this would be a great deal for both teams.

Toooo often, collusion rumors come from owners who only look at last year's stats and size of media hype for the players when being outraged at a deal -- and stir in owners who are related/friendly/married and the accusations fly.

Collusion? Bah. :D

Can't look at trades in a vaccuuuumm. If B is deep at RB but WR depth is killlling them (say he drafted Porter, McCardell, and Burleson), this makes sense. Toomer is not, pointswise, much of a drop from Plax and Berrian has emerged while Edge has diminished. If A wants to move two WRs (one or both off his bench, most likely) to get a better one in the starting lineup and needs a bit more depth at RB (say he's carrying around Lamont Jordan as his only backup), this would be a great deal for both teams.

Toooo often, collusion rumors come from owners who only look at last year's stats and size of media hype for the players when being outraged at a deal -- and stir in owners who are related/friendly/married and the accusations fly.

Sorry I hit reply by accident before typing my response

Here are there rb's and wr's before the trade

Team A

Herron, Jacobs, Lewis, Parker

Bruce, D Jack, Chad J, Berrian, Toomer, Cotchery

Team B

Rhodes, R johnson, E James

Burress, Glenn, TG Housh, Muhammed, Coles, R Williams

I see Team A's reasons for the trade but cannot see how it helps team B

Speaking from experience, brothers ALWAYS make fantasy trades, so I'm not surprised the deal was made.

I'm not inclined to think it was collusion because have you seen the Arizona offence. Edge is facing eight man fronts on every snap, and has a oh poopyty line to run behind.

If I was receiver poor, I might even make the trade.