[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Willis McG injury update...

Royal 88s

Bills RB McGahee has broken rib

NFL.com wire reports

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (Nov. 6, 2006) -- Buffalo Bills running back Willis McGahee has a broken rib and backup receiver Josh Reed was hospitalized overnight with a bruised kidney.

Jauron said he will await further tests before ruling either player out for Buffalo's game at Indianapolis on Nov. 12.

"We'll make initial decisions on Wednesday and then move from there, but we'll be cautious with them," Jauron said.

Of the chances McGahee will play, Jauron said "It depends on how painful it is and depends on the extent of the fracture and all of those things that we're still learning."

The funny thing is, I was looking at the Sunday morning inactives yesterday, and it had for Buffalo "No notable injuries". I was thinking to myself how lucky we have been this year (though not producing).

Now this happens.

And please, no jokes on there still being no "notable" injuries. :D

Edited by peepinmofo

Ribs are painful but the upside is they do heal quickly.

As a McGahee owner who is thin at RB, this news hurts.

They do mend fairly quickly but hurt forever.

I cracked two in a sledding incident a couple years ago and if I push hard enough on them I can still feel a little pain.

FYI: racing bladed sleds + hill onto icy pond + Whiskey = ouch!

Edited by SNOWBOUND33

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2654321

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Willis McGahee is out indefinitely with three broken ribs.

Coach Dick Jauron on Wednesday ruled the running back out at Indianapolis this weekend, adding the player's injury is more severe than initially thought. Jauron said follow-up tests showed McGahee had damaged three ribs in Buffalo's 24-10 win over Green Bay last weekend. Originally, he was diagnosed with one broken rib.

Bills | McGahee out indefinitely with second cracked rib

Wed, 8 Nov 2006 12:47:35 -0800

Updating previous reports, ESPNews reports Buffalo Bills RB Willis McGahee (ribs) is out indefinitely with a second cracked rib.

KFFL too. Just dropped Henry for Thomas for depth. Thomas has a few good match ups coming up and I can't trust Henry anyway. I think White will start seeing more carries soon.