[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bears DBs are sh!t

bluedog

So should I start him this weekend even if he's able to play?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2655299

Credit Plaxico Burress for giving the Chicago Bears adequate bulletin-board material for Sunday night's showdown in New York.

The outspoken wide receiver for the Giants called the Cowboys' Terrell Owens a "coward" a few weeks ago. Burress made new friends in Chicago on Wednesday when he said Bears cornerbacks Nathan Vasher, Charles Tillman and Ricky Manning Jr. were "very beatable."

"I don't think they're the best corners I've played against or we've played against this year. By far, no," Burress told the Newark Star-Ledger. "Those guys make plays [on] the balls that are thrown straight to them, but they're not just covering guys straight up and just shutting them down. I haven't seen any of that.

"They're very beatable."

Which group of defensive backs impresses Burress most? He wouldn't say, but that group wouldn't be found in Chicago, he told the newspaper.

"Definitely not them," Burress said. "If they want to come out there and play cover-1, bump-and-run, be [my] guest. I, for one, love it.

"They want to come out there, bump and play press one-on-one? Let's get go out there and have fun. Let's get it."

The Bears' Manning had a message for Burress when told of the receiver's comments.

"We'll see you on Sunday," he said.

Maybe. Burress missed Sunday's game against the Texans with back spasms. He expected to work out Wednesday but was inactive when his back tightened up minutes before practice began.

In the morning, however, Burress said he was 100 percent. He promised to "exploit" the Bears corners if they cover him one-on-one. Burress also said Chicago's front seven deserves much of the credit for the defensive backs' combined six interceptions.

"They fly around, they're physical guys, they get after it, they blitz, they hit gaps," Burress told the Star-Ledger. "They're up in there trying to create havoc. And that's why their defensive backs make plays, because they create so much pressure up front."

Whatever. Tillman gets burned a lot, -that's not debatable but he makes his share of stops as well- but if Burress thinks his statement will get the Bears to drop their cover 2 to try and punk him one and one he's denser than I thought: and I thought he was pretty dense already.

Vasher's putting together a HoF career (close to 15 picks in less than 30 starts), Burress won't even sniff that.