[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need to cover for Gore

Chief Dick

I need to pick up a running back on waivers this week to cover for Gore if he sits out. Available:

Willis McGahee: top candidate but faces Chargers D this week

DeAngelo Williams: plays Philly, so a slightly better matchup, but if Foster plays that may cut into his production.

And before you ask why these guys are still available, it is a roster limit league, meaning we can only carry 3 RB's.

My gut tells me go for Willis, in that the game is in Buffalo at least and he will get the bulk of the carries.

X-rays Monday revealed that Frank Gore's ankle injury is not serious. He is expected to play in Week 13 and may get short-yardage carries.

(Updated 11/27/2006)

IMPACT

Gore has a bruise below his knee and above his ankle. "I'm sore right now, but I'll be straight," he said, also indicating he doesn't expect to miss any practice time. 49ers head coach Mike Nolan says he'll re-evaluate the goal-line situation in practice this week after Michael Robinson came up short on a third-and-one late in Sunday's loss to St. Louis.