[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So who is ROY now?

FishFreak

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before the injury Colston had a very legitimate shot at breaking all the rookie records for WRs as well as having a very good chance at leading the entire league in receptions & recieving yards making him a shoe-in for the Pro Bowl. Are you all going to try to tell me a KR who's scored 5 TDs deserves it more? And I though I was a homer. :D

Actually, it's 6 TDs. Colston only has 7 and he touches the ball a hell of a lot more than Hester does. And the injury pretty much put Colston out of the running anyway.

If it were up to me, I'd probably give it to Vince Young. So you can take those :D and put the "homer" tag on somebody else.

Why would the Bears rather have Colston when they already have Muhammad, Berrian, and Bradley?

It's a lot easier to find a good KR than a WR who's played as well as Colston has. Mush is old & getting close to retirement and Bradley is a nobody. If you can tell me any team would take Bradley or Mush over Colston right now I'd like to know what you're smoking. Besides, I said regardless of positional needs.

Edited by rajncajn

Tell me Bear fans, positional needs, draft slots & salary caps aside, who do you think the Bears would rather have, Hester or Colston based on their production just this year?

That's kind of a stupid question, given that positional needs strongly influence all decisions. Given that the Bears already have Muhammad, Berrian, and Bradley, I'd take Hester. And given that Devery Henderson has been putting up Colston-like numbers in Horn's place, I'm not so sure that Colston isn't somewhat of a product of the system in that offense. Put Colston on the Bears and I'm not sure that his numbers would be any better than Muhammad or Berrian's.

Actually, it's 6 TDs. Colston only has 7 and he touches the ball a hell of a lot more than Hester does. And the injury pretty much put Colston out of the running anyway.

If it were up to me, I'd probably give it to Vince Young. So you can take those :D and put the "homer" tag on somebody else.

That is the one & only reason Colston wouldn't get the ROY. It's a shame, but it's probably true.

LMAO, deleted your other post eh? :D

It's a lot easier to find a good KR than a WR who's played as well as Colston has. Mush is old & getting close to retirement and Bradley is a nobody. If you can tell me any team would take Bradley or Mush over Colston right now I'd like to know what you're smoking. Besides, I said regardless of positional needs.

Dude, knock off the homer bullmanure. I can find many WRs who are playing BETTER than Colston has, but I can't find many kick returners who have 6 TDs through 13 games this season. And I'll take a healthy Muhammad over an injured Colston right now, thank you.

Colston's a very good WR, but let's not get carried away here. Devery Henderson is playing like a phenom as well. Take either of these guys out of the Saints offense and their numbers will take a huge hit.

LMAO, deleted your other post eh? :D

LMAO, your nuts are swollen like softballs now that the Saints beat the Cowboys. :bash:

Colston's a product of the system. Look at what the WRs behind him have done...

Marques Colston | 11 | 59 917 15.5 7 |

Terrance Copper | 13 | 18 301 16.7 3 |

Devery Henderson | 10 | 28 654 23.4 5 (6 totoal)

But, uh, I'm sure that Colston would put up Torry Holt-like numbers with Rex Grossman throwing him the ball! :D

Edited by Bill Swerski

That's kind of a stupid question, given that positional needs strongly influence all decisions. Given that the Bears already have Muhammad, Berrian, and Bradley, I'd take Hester. And given that Devery Henderson has been putting up Colston-like numbers in Horn's place, I'm not so sure that Colston isn't somewhat of a product of the system in that offense. Put Colston on the Bears and I'm not sure that his numbers would be any better than Muhammad or Berrian's.

I would attribute that to your QB play more than I would Colston. As for comparing Colston with Henderson you have to look at how they've put up those numbers. Henderson picks his up in huge chunks the few times he's hit downfield from Brees. During the entire season he's only only once hauled in more than 4 receptions. Henderson is a deep threat & little else. He works for this offense because we have the running game to open up the long ball for him. In Colston's case he's done it week in & week out. He makes all the catches, in traffic, deep & in the red zone. He's been nothing short of spectacular for us on 3rd down.

I would attribute that to your QB play more than I would Colston. As for comparing Colston with Henderson you have to look at how they've put up those numbers. Henderson picks his up in huge chunks the few times he's hit downfield from Brees. During the entire season he's only only once hauled in more than 4 receptions. Henderson is a deep threat & little else. He works for this offense because we have the running game to open up the long ball for him. In Colston's case he's done it week in & week out. He makes all the catches, in traffic, deep & in the red zone. He's been nothing short of spectacular for us on 3rd down.

Yep, I'm sure that Colston's awesome on 3rd down. And I'm also sure that Bernard Berrian would be lights-out in an offense with Brees, McAllister, Bush, and Horn.

Dude, knock off the homer bullmanure. I can find many WRs who are playing BETTER than Colston has, but I can't find many kick returners who have 6 TDs through 13 games this season. And I'll take a healthy Muhammad over an injured Colston right now, thank you.

Colston's a very good WR, but let's not get carried away here. Devery Henderson is playing like a phenom as well. Take either of these guys out of the Saints offense and their numbers will take a huge hit.

Before he was injured he was leading the league, so no you couldn't. And OF COURSE you would take ANY healthy player over an injured player at the moment. LOL, you know though if you could trade the two you'd kick Mush to da curb in a heartbeat. :D

LMAO, your nuts are swollen like softballs now that the Saints beat the Cowboys. :bash:

:D It certainly is nice for a change.

Yep, I'm sure that Colston's awesome on 3rd down. And I'm also sure that Bernard Berrian would be lights-out in an offense with Brees, McAllister, Bush, and Horn.

So, honestly...homer bs aside, do you think Berrian's numbers would be more than Colston's if he played for the Saints or do you think they would be relatively close?

Before he was injured he was leading the league, so no you couldn't. And OF COURSE you would take ANY healthy player over an injured player at the moment.

I hate to break it to you, but Colston's numbers would be significantly lower on most other teams. Devery Freaking Henderson is averaging over 23 yds/reception and has 6 TDs, despite being what, #4 on the depth chart? :D

LOL, you know though if you could trade the two you'd kick Mush to da curb in a heartbeat. :D

If I'm looking to win RIGHT NOW (as the Bears are), there's no way I do that. I'll go with the vet over even a healthy Colston. Put Muhammad on a decent pass offense (like, say, the '04 Panthers) and he's an MVP candidate. But thanks for asking.

Why isn't Hester used as a WR like he was at "The U"? I heard something along the lines that he was too dumb to learn a playbook. :D I'm sorry, but no KR wins ROY. Colston should win regardless of his injury unless VY finishes extremely well...which I don't think will happen. JAX, BUF & NE to finish...I think he struggles & comes back to earth. Hester has done alot returning the ball...breaking records, etc. Good yes...a fluke....IMO...yes. I bet he won't have half that many returns for TDs next year. I'm thinking Colston's production will be good again next year. He's made plays...not the benefactor of "the system". Joe Horn is/was a playmaker for the Saints for many years. Fortunately for Saints fans it looks like Joe will be passing that torch to a very capable and worthy guy.

Edited by Hitman

And if Drew Brees gets injured, they'll all fall off the radar.

People call Marvin Harrison the best WR in the league yet he has Peyton Manning throwing to him. People call Jerry Rice the best WR to ever play the game yet he had Joe Montana & Steve Young throwing him the ball so what's your point?

Edited by rajncajn

colston sux, hester rawks

colston rulz, hester sux

you two ninnies are arguing over like the #3 and #4 finishers in the ROY race.

colston....eh, whoever is able to play each week is putting up hugh numbers for the saints. colston may still have a shot if he puts up very big numbers the last few weeks. but right now i'd have to say he's on the outside looking in.

hester? he's already the best kick returner in the game, possibly one of the best ever. but the operative words in that sentence are "kick returner", and that's all hester is. sorry, but giving a kick returner honors over QBs and RBs and such is wetodded. like the people who wanted dante hall to be MVP a few years ago. i'd love to have the kid on my team, but he's not ROY.

the clear winner here, if the season ended today, is vince young. and it really shouldn't even be close.

but truly, i think the ROY has yet to be decided. could be any of those three, or possibly bush, or addai...depending on what happens the last few weeks.

Edited by Azazello1313

People call Marvin Harrison the best WR in the league yet he has Peyton Manning throwing to him. People call Jerry Rice the best WR to ever play the game yet he had Joe Montana & Steve Young throwing him the ball so what's your point?

My point is that the QB matters. Look at Muhammad's numbers in Carolina's offenses vs. those he's had in Chicago over the past two years. Look at what Stokley was able to accomplish in Indy two years ago as a slot receiver.

Colston is a very good WR and may go on to be one of the best in the game. But only a moran would discount the fact that playing in an offense with Brees, McAllister, Bush, and Horn has opened up the field significantly for him. Put him on the Bears and his numbers would be much closer to Muhammad or Berrian's.

Edited by Bill Swerski