[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

interesting riddle game here

cliaz

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well I'm glad you all are enjoying this little game.

Yes, definitely props to Cliaz for bringing this mind f*&k experience to all of us. It provided a much needed diversion for the better part of an entire worday.

Thank you.

I still don't understand what I was supposed to do on 14 and 15. Gave up.

Weff, or whatever his name is, rapidly became far too smug and clever for his own good, IMO. I solved 14 fairly easily but with 15 being precisely the same page (less the title indicating you're really on 15) the "f*ck it" factor kicked in quite quickly.

I'm usually pretty obsessive about finishing these things but #7 was just complete crap, having nothing to do with anything - check out the forums for some other people's opinions.

Weff, or whatever his name is, rapidly became far too smug and clever for his own good, IMO. I solved 14 fairly easily but with 15 being precisely the same page (less the title indicating you're really on 15) the "f*ck it" factor kicked in quite quickly.

I'm usually pretty obsessive about finishing these things but #7 was just complete crap, having nothing to do with anything - check out the forums for some other people's opinions.

#7 was crappy because the answer turned out to be a twist on the spelling of a name missing from the list of EW's works. The pattern was:

title

then title

then title

then title, etc.

Well, the name "Ethan" was missing from "Ethan Frome"

And the answer was to put in the letter "E" so that when you read the list VERBALLY, when you got to the line with the "E" in it you would say ....."title...then....E...then.....Frome...."

Does that make sense?

#7 was crappy because the answer turned out to be a twist on the spelling of a name missing from the list of EW's works. The pattern was:

title

then title

then title

then title, etc.

And the answer was to put in the letter "E" so that when you read the list VERBALLY, when you got to the line with the "E" in it you would say ....."title...then....E...then.....Frome...."

Does that make sense?

Yes it does. It's still a crock. :D

title

then title

then title

then title, etc.

Does that make sense?

Or you could have just seen the extra "e" in googly (googley).

Any hints on 20, where the .doc file opens? :D

:D gettin' any work done today?

i believe that's the second part of level 19. the "get out your pen and notepad" one, right? i got screwed on that one. first, i don't think it works on a mac, so i had to do it on my PC. second, i looked on the forums and the font should be courier (it was new times roman on mine for some reason). third, don't open it in word (look at the title of the web page) and do what the document title says to do.

edit: normally i wouldn't have given such a detailed hint, but this one really gave me problems in the way it was set up, and after looking on the forums, it looked like others had the same problems.

Edited by montster

:D gettin' any work done today?

i believe that's the second part of level 19. the "get out your pen and notepad" one, right? i got screwed on that one. first, i don't think it works on a mac, so i had to do it on my PC. second, i looked on the forums and the font should be courier (it was new times roman on mine for some reason). third, don't open it in word (look at the title of the web page) and do what the document title says to do.

edit: normally i wouldn't have given such a detailed hint, but this one really gave me problems in the way it was set up, and after looking on the forums, it looked like others had the same problems.

Gotcha. I swore i did this yesterday and couldn't see anything out of the ordinary. Now i do. :D