[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

BigMikeinNY needs help...

BigMikeinNY

Make sure it's the actual credit card companies calling you. I've gotten those types of calls before and, in all cases except one, the callers have actually been from these scum bag credit agencies that purchase delinquent accounts for pennies on the dollar. Then they scour the country looking up anyone with the same name and call trying to see if they've tracked down the person so they can then try to collect. That's why they want you to give them your SSN #. I refuse to give any personal information and ask them to come to my house so I can verify who they are. Another good indicator is, if you have caller ID, they usually have it blocked. Why would a legit company block caller ID? I refuse to have anything to do with any company that blocks their name/number from caller ID.

:D Yo Mama ..I dont think you get the credit you deserve on here as far as providing the laughs..

That's the Dennis Miller factor at work. 1% of the population thinks your intelligently funny. Everyone else just thinks you're a condescending prick.

Here's a couple of links that deal with ID Theft (One private, another Gov):

http://www.identitytheft.org/idtheft

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/microsites/idtheft/

I had my ID compromised 4 years ago. It took me almost 3 years to clear my credit report. Since, I am subscribed to a Credit Monitoring Service (True Credit - by Trans Union). Anything, anything at all goes or gets queried with credit I get an email with an alert on it. Truly worth it.

You can also go to this website: https://www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx to have telemarketers or other undesirables to call you. It becomes effective in 31 days and will remain in the database for 5 years.

Good Luck

• 1 month later...

So I called and closed this accout back in July, now they say a netflix charge was added after I thought the account was closed, so now there are 6 months of late fees and a $200 balance for a $17 charge that I never authorized, as far as I was concerned the account was closed.

What can I do?

Interesting post... I paid a cc off this summer, then couple weeks ago got a call said I had a balance of $170 that was over due. I never tell blind calls its me, usually tell them I am simply cleaning the office or something, so I took a msg.

Looked up my cc statement online, showed zero balance and closed.

Called my cc company, they confirmed zero balance and closed, so I thought fok it, i'm not gonna worry about it.

Pretty brave to phish over the phone leaving a phone number, it was a black chick who called me, but she sounded american.

She is trying to get reparations you dirty slave owner! :D