[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guesses for next week's game times..

Dr. Rock

.. if for no other reason than I work in TV and I like to deduce this sort of thing.

This is assuming the wild card matchups are NYJ@IND and DEN@NE in the AFC, and NYG@PHI and DAL@SEA in the NFC which at this point (4pm) it seems almost certain to be. The game times are 4 and 8 Saturday and 1 and 4 Sunday.

Saturday, 4pm: NYG@PHI. If DEN@NE is the prime-time "best" matchup in the 8pm slot as I expect, then this game has to be an NFC game. And since that means the Jets game is on Sunday, they'll want to have the NYC market over 2 days, not one.

Saturday, 8pm: DEN@NE. Somewhat iffy on this one because I'm not sure they'd actually pass up TWO chances to have the NYC market in this slot, but this is by far the best matchup so I'm going with it.

Sunday, 1pm: NYJ@IND. As stated above, the Jets will have to play Sunday, and it'll have to be the early game because...

Sunday, 4pm: DAL@SEA. ...there's no way they'd make Seattle play a home playoff game at 10am.

Of course, me posting this makes it almost certain I'm wrong, because the later games could screw with seeds 2-4 in the AFC.. but it'll be fun to see! :D

.. if for no other reason than I work in TV and I like to deduce this sort of thing.

This is assuming the wild card matchups are NYJ@IND and DEN@NE in the AFC, and NYG@PHI and DAL@SEA in the NFC which at this point (4pm) it seems almost certain to be. The game times are 4 and 8 Saturday and 1 and 4 Sunday.

It looks like it's either Denver (if they beat SF) or Kansas City (if DEN loses).

With only the seeding left to be determined by the afternoon games. They can't play the Giants and the Jets on the same day, and considering Seattle is the only West Coast team at this point, they'll make that a late game (as they probably will with Denver for marketing purposes).

Frankly, the four likeliest matchups are all pretty attractive games for the networks to dink around with.

:D

Wild Card Weekend

Saturday, January 6

4:30 p.m. on NBC -- AFC Wild Card Game

8:00 p.m. on NBC -- Dallas Cowboys (9-7) at Seattle Seahawks (9-7)

Sunday, January 7

1:00 p.m. on CBS -- AFC Wild Card Game

4:30 p.m. on FOX -- N.Y. Giants (8-8) at Philadelphia Eagles (10-6)

Wild Card Weekend

Saturday, January 6

4:30 p.m. on NBC -- Kansas City Chiefs (9-7) at Indianapolis Colts (12-4)

Sunday, January 7

1:00 p.m. on CBS -- New York Jets (10-6) at New England Patriots (12-4)

Wild Card Weekend

Saturday, January 6

4:30 p.m. on NBC -- Kansas City Chiefs (9-7) at Indianapolis Colts (12-4)

Sunday, January 7

1:00 p.m. on CBS -- New York Jets (10-6) at New England Patriots (12-4)

Seahawks are -2.5, Eagles are -5.5.

I don't see any lines on the AFC games yet.