[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So, non PO teams-What's Next?

PantherDave

Good analysis... I might add, that Coach Childress needs to adjust his flawed play calling or pass off that responsiblity to someone else. Unfortunately it sounds like he is very stubborn and enough of a control freak to make sure that nothing changes in this area.

You might have your wish:

Link

Edit: He will still call plays, but it sounds like Wilf is going to make sure he loosens up a bit...

Edited by Outshined

Niners Needs in my perceived opinion:

MLB - Smith is old and not a good MLB, has a bum eye.

DE- No Pass rush, so this needs to be stepped up immediately.

NT- Nolan wants to move into a 3-4, but doesn't have an ideal guy in the middle

WR- Team needs a real #1, which puts A. Bryant as the #2 if he can keep himself out of jail

CB-Always looking for another corner to backup Spencer and Harris

DC- Team needs a more aggressive DC, this guy gave up league leading points earlier in the year with poor play calling to fit his personnell.

Free Agent Targets:

A. Thomas- OLB, N.Clements-DB, A. Samuel-DB

Pretty good assessment. I think I'd put DE and a #1 WR as the top priorities.Maybe we could get the WR through FA and use all the picks we have in the first few rounds on some defense.I know Harris has had a pretty good year but he's gettin' a little long in the tooth as is Derek Smith. Add a go to guy at receiver, get the much defenseive help we need and it won't be long 'til we're back on top baby :D

Edited by DocNiner52

Pretty good assessment. I think I'd put DE and a #1 WR as the top priorities.Maybe we could get the WR through FA and use all the picks we have in the first few rounds on some defense.I know Harris has had a pretty good year but he's gettin' a little long in the tooth as is Derek Smith. Add a go to guy at receiver, get the much defenseive help we need and it won't be long 'til we're back on top baby :D

Looks like the DC is being addressed as Nolan fired Billy Davis today :D

The Seahawks are in the playoffs but what the heck, christmas lists are fun

Major issues--

1. Trade Deion Branch for the 20th overall pick.

2. The Seahawks have got to bring in at least one of the big free-agent offensive lineman. It is simply a must. Guard or tackle, doesn't really matter, they need multiple....heck, get two!!!

3. D-Line. I think Fisher, Tapp & Wistrom can be decent again if we get a big ol' DT that can let them not have to worry about defending the run so much. I understand these players are few and far between, so I fear we may be relying on Marcus Tubbs.

Okay, now for my own personal wishlist-

1. Get somebody to push Shaun if you can find it in the 3rd round. This player's value will be greater than his production alone. Remember a few years ago when you heard rumblings about Mo Morris getting some looks....Shaun soon got his act together.

2. We still need a solid #3 quarterback. All we ever hear is how amazing of an athlete Seneca Wallace is in practice. It's time to see if he can help us win without exclusively playing quarterback.

3. A stud safety would be amazing.

We don't have nearly as many holes as in years past, but what this team needs most this offseason is to find some passion for winning together again.

Edited by Seahawks21

Here's my take on the Packers

Offense

QB -- If Favre stays, the Packers are set. If he retires, we'll need a veteran to backup or even compete with Rodgers. Could be a guy like Brunell, Garcia, or Brooks :D . All of whom have a connection to the WCO, Green Bay, or Mike McCarthy.

RB -- I hope they bring back Ahman Green. He's a good fit for the zone blocking scheme. Plus, he'll be cheap. I wouldn't mind if they bring in a vet or rookie to share time. On some broadcasts, a couple of the announcers said they thought Morency could be the RB of the future. I beg to differ. We'll be in bad shape if Green is let go and they don't bring in someone else.

TE -- The biggest area of need. Bubba Franks took a huge step backward this season. He should be cut. David Martin isn't the answer. Donald Lee disappeared in 2006.

I'd agree with this assessment.

WR -- Would be nice to get a big veteran receiver to complement the smaller Driver/Jennings. A Joe Jurevicius-type guy who has the size to go across the middle and made a difference in the red zone. Not a huge area of need though as long as Jennings continues to develop.

OL -- They played surprisingly well late in the season. We could use some veteran depth though.

I was impressed with how Holliday and Martin performed down the stretch. They looked promising and have the size you're looking for. Plus Koren Robinson could possibly return as well. WR is very low priority for the offseason IMO.

As for the OL, maybe I'm parsing, but Colledge, Spitz, and Moll all have 10 or more starts and are versatile. They ARE veterans. But yeah, that's only 6 OL, you'd like to have another 1 or 2 in case things get ugly.

Defense

KGB should get the axe. He's worthless against the run. Only capable of playing on third downs and we're paying him too much money to only see 25-30% of the snaps.

The thing is, his current contract is NOT killing the cap and he remains a pretty good pass rusher. Unless you need to free up money, why not keep him? At least Thompson can blame the bad contract on Sherman.

Oh, one thing that was missed by the discussion of Packer personnell moves is that offensive coordinator Jeff Jagodzinski needs to be replaced. That may be a "so what, they sucked!" to those on the outside, but their young OLs improved continuously throughout the season, and Favre cut down on his mistakes.

Skinny is they'll either promote OL coach Joe Philbin or QB coach Tom Clements from inside the organization. With the youth on offense (3 OL, Morency/Herron, Jennings, and yes, Rodgers) I think continuity is VERY important.

Also, despite the improvement on the defense, which saved DC Bob Sanders' job, I think DB coach Kurt Schottenheimer should be on thin ice - a veteran backfield made WAY too many mental errors throughout the season for him to keep his position.

Edited by Chavez