[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So, non PO teams-What's Next?

PantherDave

The main morsel is that Henning will be let go, and while Key and Jake have been ultra-supportive, the main cog in the offesne(SS) has not had much to say about the OC future.

The outside LB's just may be set with Davis and Anderson and I hope they let Morgan go and get a quality MLB in FA. Time will tell on this one.

DB's?? Something will be done to address the area of Saftey-What? I don't have a feel right now. As for CB, Richard Marshall is the best CB the Panthers have, and with some fine tuning, he'll get even better. He will make Gamble or Lucas the nickel back next year (I'd say Gamble-as Marshall is simply going to be a better NFL CB).

DL- I think Glover will push for the starting job at DE over Rucker and Wallace opposite Peppers. Also, hat's off to Sarge in regards to Keomatu, the Panthers did not get what they paid for in the 350LB'der

OL-Healthy would be nice, but just to many injuries to really point any fingers, altough Evan Mathis did not preform to PS hype.....then again, neither did the entire team.

Vikings:

I see the biggest need at Defensive End: Udeze sucks, he needs to be demoted or cut. Udeze had zero sacks and with Kevin Williams as our sack leader at 5.5, I think that is the biggest pressing need that we will have to upgrade in the draft. The only time we could get pressure on the QB was when we blitzed. With Erasmus James coming that should help. I think a coulple games this year could have gone the other way with average play at this position.

LB: OK - getting Greenway back. Somebody might go - probably Napolean Harris.

WR: Second biggest need, With Taylors arrest, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets cut. They will have upgrade through the draft. Not sure what Free ageants are out there or how much cap space we have with the KWill extension.

QB - Johnson gone - Tavaris will most likely start next year.

OL - Might need to draft an offensive lineman to be groomed at RT.

Edited by Outshined

I will say this about Henning, I don't think Fox or Hurney fire him unless the Big Cat makes them, Fox seems to actually want's a re-dux of some sorts. He claims the Panthers are not that far away, which leads me to believe that wholesale changes are not on his mind-just tweaking here and there. Who knows??? I'm going to sit and watch and wait for 07.

Vikings:

I see the biggest need at Defensive End: Udeze sucks, he needs to be demoted or cut. Udeze had zero sacks and with Kevin Williams as our sack leader at 5.5, I think that is the biggest pressing need that we will have to upgrade in the draft. The only time we could get pressure on the QB was when we blitzed. With Erasmus James coming that should help. I think a coulple games this year could have gone the other way with average play at this position.

LB: OK - getting Greenway back. Somebody might go - probably Napolean Harris.

WR: Second biggest need, With Taylors arrest, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets cut. They will have upgrade through the draft. Not sure what Free ageants are out there or how much cap space we have with the KWill extension.

QB - Johnson gone - Tavaris will most likely start next year.

OL - Might need to draft an offensive lineman to be groomed at RT.

Good analysis... I might add, that Coach Childress needs to adjust his flawed play calling or pass off that responsiblity to someone else. Unfortunately it sounds like he is very stubborn and enough of a control freak to make sure that nothing changes in this area.

Redskins -

New Owner

Get ride of all these over priced FA dusk collectors

Lower ticket prices so people who don't make 6 figures can get a nose bleed seat without having to give away your first born.

promote Williams to HC and get rid of Saunders and dump Gibbs to front office.

STOP GIVING AWAY OUR DRAFT PICKS FOR OLD BROKEN DOWN FA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The main morsel is that Henning will be let go, and while Key and Jake have been ultra-supportive, the main cog in the offesne(SS) has not had much to say about the OC future.

The outside LB's just may be set with Davis and Anderson and I hope they let Morgan go and get a quality MLB in FA. Time will tell on this one.

DB's?? Something will be done to address the area of Saftey-What? I don't have a feel right now. As for CB, Richard Marshall is the best CB the Panthers have, and with some fine tuning, he'll get even better. He will make Gamble or Lucas the nickel back next year (I'd say Gamble-as Marshall is simply going to be a better NFL CB).

DL- I think Glover will push for the starting job at DE over Rucker and Wallace opposite Peppers. Also, hat's off to Sarge in regards to Keomatu, the Panthers did not get what they paid for in the 350LB'der

OL-Healthy would be nice, but just to many injuries to really point any fingers, altough Evan Mathis did not preform to PS hype.....then again, neither did the entire team.

Whats the deal with DeAngelo, will he be the starter next year?

Niners Needs in my perceived opinion:

MLB - Smith is old and not a good MLB, has a bum eye.

DE- No Pass rush, so this needs to be stepped up immediately.

NT- Nolan wants to move into a 3-4, but doesn't have an ideal guy in the middle

WR- Team needs a real #1, which puts A. Bryant as the #2 if he can keep himself out of jail

CB-Always looking for another corner to backup Spencer and Harris

DC- Team needs a more aggressive DC, this guy gave up league leading points earlier in the year with poor play calling to fit his personnell.

Free Agent Targets:

A. Thomas- OLB, N.Clements-DB, A. Samuel-DB

Whats the deal with DeAngelo, will he be the starter next year?

It's early OF(for the Panther Nation)but I could see him getting the nod as a starter. However, look for more RBBC and pretty much a do over for the Panthers next year. Fox will not hang Foster out to dry with the injuries that occured to the OL. I look for a two-headed attack with DW taking over for good in 08.

Here's my take on the Packers

Offense

QB -- If Favre stays, the Packers are set. If he retires, we'll need a veteran to backup or even compete with Rodgers. Could be a guy like Brunell, Garcia, or Brooks :D . All of whom have a connection to the WCO, Green Bay, or Mike McCarthy.

RB -- I hope they bring back Ahman Green. He's a good fit for the zone blocking scheme. Plus, he'll be cheap. I wouldn't mind if they bring in a vet or rookie to share time. On some broadcasts, a couple of the announcers said they thought Morency could be the RB of the future. I beg to differ. We'll be in bad shape if Green is let go and they don't bring in someone else.

WR -- Would be nice to get a big veteran receiver to complement the smaller Driver/Jennings. A Joe Jurevicius-type guy who has the size to go across the middle and made a difference in the red zone. Not a huge area of need though as long as Jennings continues to develop.

TE -- The biggest area of need. Bubba Franks took a huge step backward this season. He should be cut. David Martin isn't the answer. Donald Lee disappeared in 2006.

OL -- They played surprisingly well late in the season. We could use some veteran depth though.

Defense

KGB should get the axe. He's worthless against the run. Only capable of playing on third downs and we're paying him too much money to only see 25-30% of the snaps. Rest of the D-Line is in good shape as long as they ink Cullen Jenkins.

Hawk looks like the real deal. He'll be in the Pro Bowl next season. Rest of the LBs are solid but we'll have a big hole if Nick Barnett leaves.

As for the secondary, Charles Woodson's contract last offseason drew criticism, but he had the best year of his career. Al Harris remains an above average pass defender. Both safety positions are key weaknesses tha need to be addressed, IMO. Might be nice to have Sharper back. :D

Detroit doesn't need to do too much over the offseason. :D

* You know, despite the current standings in the NFC North, I think that the Lions are looking like they could be the most balanced team in the Division next season. :D

* No, I am not drunk or high.

* You know, despite the current standings in the NFC North, I think that the Lions are looking like they could be the most balanced team in the Division next season. :D

With who at QB?

With who at RB?

With who at WR? Furrey and Williams?

Yes you are, you must be. Both the Bears and the Packers are miles ahead and even the Vikings have an infinitely better defense. Every year loads of us trundle out the same old crap about the Lions and the Cardinals being contenders and every year they find a way to implode.

QB-If Favre returns, we have a shot at ten wins. If not, we're going to struggle. I'm not comfortable what-so-ever with Rodgers, but he's a first rounder who's watched for two years. I guess now is the time to see what he's got. I think Garcia will want too much money, and I don't beleive Brooks or Brunell are really that much better than Rodgers. Save the money on bringing in a has been back up.

RB-As much as I love Green, I think its time to get younger. He's nearing the 30 year wall. He had a lot of fancy numbers, but he doesnt have the burst I like to see in a back. Vernand Morency im not sold on as an every down back, but I said the same thing about Brian Westbrook two years ago. I would like to see Green Bay snag Michael Bush then pair him with Vernand to have a nice thunder and lightning type game. I think Bush could fit into the scheme quit nicely. He can be had later because of his leg injury... This might be a stretch, but I think he's got something. I also wouldnt mind seeing Marshawn Lynch being taken early in the draft.

WR-Driver is a pro bowler with a few more years left to play at a high level. Jennings will return to the first half play that we saw before his ankle injuries. Ruevel Martin has developed into a decent receiver, I think he'll be a decent no.3 until we get KoRo back. Driver, Jennings, Ko.Ro, and Martin are a nice corps. I think we're fine here.

TE-I agree with the above post... We have the worst tight ends in the league. Bubba Franks has deteriorated into the worst in the league. He can't run out of sight in a day, has way too many mental lapses, and has hands forged from Stonehendge. He doesnt deserve a spot on the roster, we just need to take the cap hit and sever ties. David Martin is Mr. Glass, and yes, Lee a canidate for Unsolved Mystries. We need a free agent to step in, or draft someone who is durable and versitile.

OL-I think this group is good, and an offseason away from being very good. All three rookies played extremley well, Wells is solid, and next year we'll have a healthy Clifton and Tauscher. I'm thrilled about the future of our line.

DL-We've got a stud in Kampman, Jenkins developed into a solid player who is going to get better. He needs to be resigned immediatley. KGB is worthless... If he's getting paid this much money, he needs to be near the top of the league in sacks. He's another guy that I throw into the ranks of Bubba Franks... Completley lost it and making way too much money. Nice depth, but I'd like to see a little more from Pickett.

LB-Barnett is the heart of the defense. He played well with a broken hand and is a true leader. I'd like to see him resigned and moved outside. I think he'd do it if he gets the exstension. You move him outside opposite AJ Hawk and move Abdul Hodge into the middle you not only have one of the youngest corps in the league, but one that could turn into something special. Poppinga was good at times, but I beleive should be a top reserve instead of a 16 game starter.

DB-Woodson should have been in the pro bowl. He seems happy to be here, and played at an extremley high level while battling through injuries. Al Harris seemed to take a step back but he's still getting it done. Manuel needs to be let go or moved into a special teams role. If we don't get Lynch, i'd like to see LaRon Landry fall to us, but im not so sure he'll be there. I think Nick Collins is the future at the saftey position. He showed me enough this year to maintain my confidence.

I think TT has given us a masterful draft, and has bridged the gap a lot quicker than what I thought. We're not a great team, but we're nowhere near as bad as what everyone thought...

Manuel, Franks, and KGB have to go.

With who at QB? Kitna. Check his stats, he's done pretty darn well this year.

With who at RB? KJ if healthy, but most likely the talented young Mr. Calhoun next year.

With who at WR? Furrey and Williams? Yes. Williams at least is a bonifide stud IMO.

Yes you are, you must be. Both the Bears and the Packers are miles ahead and even the Vikings have an infinitely better defense. Every year loads of us trundle out the same old crap about the Lions and the Cardinals being contenders and every year they find a way to implode.

I did pop a Vicodin this morning however. :D

If by "balanced" you mean equally crappy on offense and defense, I agree with your assessment.

:D:bash: Well done.

Yeah, it sucks to win twice as many games as the previous year, and have a lot of young talent...

"Improving sucks"=Vikings motto.

Oh no doubt the Packers are better than last year and showed improvement...

...I would just hate to be a Packer fan...thats all...

The Lions need help at every position on offense and defense, with WR maybe the exception.

-Kitna put up numbers. But he has way too many turnovers, and is not exactly Mr. Clutch.

-Williams and Furrey are a good 1-2. Maybe Mike Williams will turn out to be a decent 3.

-You have to assume that Jones is out at least half of the year, so you have a void there.

-They need help all along the OL.

-On the DL, Cory Redding has been a surprise. Shaun Rogers is inconsistent. I forget who the other 2 guys are.

-At LB you have Ernie Sims and 2 guys named Larry.

-And you may as well have the Four Tops in the secondary.

So I don't see things looking all that bright in Detroit next year. :D

Edited by Furd

Bengals: (copied from other post)

They clearly weren't going anywhere had they made the playoffs, but they obviously let this season get away.

I already feel that this team, which I still think can be a perennial contender, is at a crossroads, and this offseason (into next season) is gonna decide which way they go.

The Tangibles

Offense - They have a powerful offense, and really can't be stopped when they're "on". The problem is that they seem to be "off" more often than they should. Injuries to OL, Henry's problems, some immaturity all contributed. W/ Palmer healthy for the offseason, there is no reason they shouldn't be a top offense next year.

Defense - Still way underperformed, still need a couple big additions. But losing Thurman and Pollack for the whole season really hurt. I keep saying that next year they'll get better, I probably should stop saying that. I'd guess you'll see their 3 top picks in April be on DEF.

Special Teams - cost them chances to win both of the last two games, although not the only causes. Getting Tab Perry back next year for KR's will be big.

The Intangibles

Off-field legal stuff - It might be hypocritical to do it after this sh!tty season, but they need to "clean house". Call it a "new day" for players, and coaches.

Heart/Character - Lewis cleared out a lot of leftover players who didn't want to be here when he first got here. Now it's time to do another round. Any player on the team who isn't P!SSED OFF after the way this season ended should be shown the door. Not easy to do in all cases the way salary caps work, but there should be some very clear messages sent.

Leadership - Palmer needs to step up a little more. I give him a pass this past year because we was working his way back from injury. Starting with the first off-season workout, he needs to say it his HIS team, and lead it. Somebody on defense needs to be a vocal leader. Brian Simmons is a good guy, but ne's never been a true leader. My vote goes for Dexter Jackson.

Palmer and Jackson should, IMO, stay here this entire offseason, and do whatever they can to lead the team in whatever it takes to prepare.

Maturity - I have no idea what it takes to mature players. I just know the Bengals need it.