[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper League Starting Lineup

webbnathan

Here's the situation, I we keep 3 playes in our league, can only be 1 RB, 1 WR, and then 1 other position (QB, TE, etc.) I currently have Vick, Gore, Fitzgerald, R. Brown, and D. Jackson. I have a trade offer out there for Manning, giving up Gore and D. Jackson and then keeping R. Brown and Fitzgerald. I'm worried about Vick next year for some reason, but should I be?

:D For some reason I was thinking Eli, not Peyton.

Fantasy-wise Vick can get you almost as many points as Peyton depending on your scoring. However, JMO, Vick isn't a very good NFL QB and therefore may not be so secure as a starter, plus he's more of an injury risk due to his style of play.

So, rethinking this. Maybe the Manning, Brown, Fitz combo is safest.

However there are already rumors that Randy Moss (possibly even T.O.) is on his way to Atlanta. If this happens, Vick's stock skyrockets!!

Anyway, me being a Colts homer, I would prefer P Manning.. But if one of those 2 rumors come out to be true, then giving up Vick AND Gore for Manning wouldn't make too much sense..

Yea, I kind of have a problem giving up Gore who is now putting up 20 pt. games and leaving my keeper with Brown who puts up 8-12 pt. a game. Getting P. Manning would give me a non-worry QB but then I'll need to get lucky by picking up some RB's next year. I'm very torn on this..........50/50 right now!

I think I'd prefer Manning/Brown/Fitz just because of durability. Gore lasted this year, but he's still much more of an injury risk than Peyton. I think Manning is the top non-RB in next year's draft, and while Gore is probably a top 5 pick, Ronnie Brown might still be a top 15-- you're gaining more at QB with Manning vs. Vick than you're losing at RB with Gore vs. Brown.

I'm assuming the top QB's typically get protected, and you won't be able to draft a top one next yar.

Any chance you get get Peyton without giving up Gore? Maybe offer something like Vick-Ronnie Brown-either Fitz or DJax?

The more I think about it, the more I think I would be happy with P. Manning, Brown and Fitz. I would love to keep Gore as well, but don't think he would do a Brown, D. Jax trade for Manning. The only reason I'm looking to trade is I've got both Brown and Gore and can only keep one, so why not upgrade my QB. Thanks guys for the discussion!

However there are already rumors that Randy Moss (possibly even T.O.) is on his way to Atlanta. If this happens, Vick's stock skyrockets!!

:D

:D

Oooooooh yeah, that's JUST the kind of mature influence Vick needs ... Look how much Moss helped Aaron Brooks!! How's it going to play out when Vick gets 8-10 carries a game and under/over throws one of the prima donnas 5-6 times? How's that figure into the Randy Ratio -- or worse yet, TO's suicidal delusions? They'll be poppin caps at each other's limos by game three if Vick ends up with Atlanta!

Go get Manning.