[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why IND loses the SB

Bronco Billy

This isn't fishing. This is legitimate debate and a damn good excuse why anyone shouldn't lay money on IND -7 this week.

Tell me, what was the last huge game Manning QBed his team to a win in?

If this isn't a fishing expedition then yer worse off than I thought. A complete waste of time talking about Rex and PM in the same universe. There is not 1 THING Rex does even remotely as well as Manning. Rex wouldn't even start for 1/2 of the teams in the NFL - and he very well could blow this game all by himself.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it amusing that the anti-Manning crowd argues that statistics don't mean anything - only wins do. But in the playoffs, these same people still criticize Peyton's statistics - even when he wins. :D

I find it amusing that the most argumentative guy in this forum is named after a Bears fan while sporting a Peyton Manning avatar.

I mean, no wonder you argue so much. How often does it happen in an empty room? :D

I find it amusing that the most argumentative guy in this forum is named after a Bears fan while sporting a Peyton Manning avatar.

I mean, no wonder you argue so much. How often does it happen in an empty room? :D

I find it even more amusing that a supposedly-devout Catholic hangs out with a bunch of whores in Hollywood. You're lucky that the Pope doesn't confiscate your Rosary beads. :D

Edited by Bill Swerski

Looks good to me. :D

I have no problem putting forth facts when asked, even if they don't support my opinion. The lack of production by Manning in the playoffs simply can't be ignored, though - nor can his 0 SB wins and his 6-6 career playoff record, including the 3 wins this year.

I also don't understand why it would be fishing to put forth those facts as a valid argument as to why those putting their faith in Manning badly outproducing Grossman on Sunday might be grasping at straws.

If this isn't a fishing expedition then yer worse off than I thought. A complete waste of time talking about Rex and PM in the same universe. There is not 1 THING Rex does even remotely as well as Manning. Rex wouldn't even start for 1/2 of the teams in the NFL - and he very well could blow this game all by himself.

Grossman also could very well mange the game safely & let Manning do what he has done all of his career - lose the $$$ games with yet another bad outing.

You can't just ignore that Manning has more playoff games with 0 TD passes than he does playoff games with multiple TD passes, or that he has more games with as many or more INTs than TDs in playoff games than he does games with more TDs than INTs.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I have no problem putting forth facts when asked, even if they don't support my opinion. The lack of production by Manning in the playoffs simply can't be ignored, though - nor can his 0 SB wins and his 6-6 career playoff record, including the 3 wins this year.

I also don't understand why it would be fishing to put forth those facts as a valid argument as to why those putting their faith in Manning badly outproducing Grossman on Sunday might be grasping at straws.

Maybe it's because Manning has actually put his team on his back and won a big game before, while Grossman folds like a house of cards when his team is down by more than one score? :D

I think that too much is being made of these two. The defensive and special teams matchups will be more important to the outcome of this game, IMO.

Everyone likes to pile on PM - I mean, the fact also reamins they got beat by some very good teams, and the piss poor D Indy has had just maybe had something to do with that.

Can be tough winning the big one, for sure- and timing is key. I think he gets it done- the likely-hood of Rex outperforming PM? zero - faith in PM outperforming Rex??? absolutely- 100%

LOL, "few successes and many failures." :D

But, speaking of successes, when has Rex ever put his team on his back and won a game?

:D

Considering that this is his first full season in the NFL, how many times exactly did you expect him to be able to do that?

Everyone likes to pile on PM - I mean, the fact also reamins they got beat by some very good teams, and the piss poor D Indy has had just maybe had something to do with that.

You mean like in 2005, when the IND D was ranked 11th in the NFL in yards allowed & 2nd in scoring D, but Manning went 22/38 for 290 yds & 1 TD in the loss to PIT? Or like in 2003 when the IND D was 10th in the NFL in yardage and Manning went 23/47 for 234 yds and threw 1 TD & 4 INTs vs NE? Or how about 2002 when the IND D was 8th in the NFL in yards and 7th in points allowed and Manning went 14/31 for 137 yards, 0 TDs and 2 INTs against the Jets?

Yep, those failures were sure the D's fault and had nothing to do with Manning.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Considering that he was drafted FOUR YEARS AGO, I expected him to be healthy enough to do it more than once. :D

:D right back atcha'

What difference does that make? Grossman has won the same number of SBs in the past 4 years - 3 of them where he didn't play much while injured - as Manning has in the past 9 years while playing healthy the whole time. Who does that analysis damn, exactly?

:D right back atcha'

What difference does that make? Grossman has won the same number of SBs in the past 4 years - 3 of them where he didn't play much while injured - as Manning has in the past 9 years while playing healthy the whole time. Who does that analysis damn, exactly?

Awww, somebody's still sore about those playoff ass-kickings from '03 and '04. :D

The Colts wouldn't even BE in the Super Bowl without Manning right now. On the other hand, the Bears are in the Super Bowl DESPITE Grossman. Who does THAT analysis damn?

Edited by Bill Swerski

Awww, somebody's still sore about those playoff ass-kickings from '03 and '04. :D

:D Changing direction in midstream? DEN deserved the ass whippings they got from the Colts. They weren't legit contenders (neither were Manning's Colts as it turned out).

The Colts wouldn't even BE in the Super Bowl without Manning right now. On the other hand, the Bears are in the Super Bowl DESPITE Grossman. Who does THAT analysis damn?

I can think of quite a few QBs who wouldn't have thrown only 2 TDs against 6 INTs in the Colts' past 3 playoff games and would have gotten IND in the same spot with better numbers.

Like Rex Grossman? :D

Well, he has thrown as many TDs even though he's played 1 less playoff game this year, and 5 less INTs.

So the answer would be yes, all other things being equal, Grossman could have won as the Colts' QB in the past 3 games.

Well, he has thrown as many TDs even though he's played 1 less playoff game this year, and 5 less INTs.

So the answer would be yes, all other things being equal, Grossman could have won as the Colts' QB in the past 3 games.

So your hatred of Manning has gotten you to THIS point? Oh, Lord! :bash:

Um, yeah, go ahead and believe that. :D

So your hatred of Manning has gotten you to THIS point? Oh, Lord! :D

Um, yeah, go ahead and believe that. :D

Why would you think I hate Manning? Everything I've put forth is based on fact. Manning is probably the best regular season QB the NFL has ever seen, and Grossman is pedestrian at best as a QB. Do a search - I was pimping the Bears playing Griese at QB before the season started and I still believe right now that CHI would be a better team with Griese at QB.

The problem with Manning is that he becomes less than pedestrian in the playoffs. That's the facts. That you don't like it doesn't change it.

Why would you think I hate Manning? Everything I've put forth is based on fact. Manning is probably the best regular season QB the NFL has ever seen, and Grossman is pedestrian at best as a QB. Do a search - I was pimping the Bears playing Griese at QB before the season started and I still believe right now that CHI would be a better team with Griese at QB.

The problem with Manning is that he becomes less than pedestrian in the playoffs. That's the facts. That you don't like it doesn't change it.

Manning has been "less than pedestrian" in SOME playoffs games, he's been damn-near perfect in others, and he's been just plain pedestrian in others. THOSE are the facts.