[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why IND loses the SB

Bronco Billy

pass the dutchie on the left hand side....pass the dutchie on the left hand side.

while scaredy is a good answer, menudo and jojo get pt deductions for cool and hep. of course the word we were looking for is Pu SSy.

another match game.........colts rush defense (blanks)?

Come on dude, everyone knows that Payton is a real hep cat..... :D

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the past stats meant a lot, the Colts would have lost last week when they were down by 18 points. But they didn't, Manning was outstanding and NE choked. Things change.

Bingo. If you are looking for a QB to choke in this game, Grossman is your guy. :D

If Dungy is smart, he'll pound away with Addai and Rhodes consistently. The Bears D is not as good as they were earlier in the year. If they try to put it all on Peyton, they will be in trouble.

And another factor to think about. Sorry I haven't read this whole thread so if repeated, my apologies.

The Sports Illustrated Curse. Why do you think SI put the Colts on the cover 2 weeks ago and put the bears on this week? So the curse will live that's why. :D For my sister's sake(she lives in Chicago) I sure hope not.

I also notice that everyone ignores the fact that Manning is just as new to the hype and stress of the SB as Grossman is. Uncharted waters for both.

But Manning is not new to hype and stress.

To be fair, I think Grossman is getting a bit of a bum rap - for all intents and purposes, this kid is a 2nd year player. He's GOING to be inconsistent, and it's tough to say whether he'll outgrow that like Brett Favre or just be another Kerry Collins (or worse)-type guy.

But anyone who thinks the Bears have some sort of edge at the QB position is a fool.

grossman has looked pretty good in these playoffs, and i really think the guy has the stones to step up and give a good account tomorrow. i don't see him "choking".

i don't necessarily see manning "choking" either. i just think good, physical defenses have proven capable of getting the colts out of their game in the playoffs in years past, and i can definitely see the bears continuing that trend. yeah, they beat baltimore this year, and yeah the pats fell apart in the second half. maybe that means the colts are totally different this year than they've been in the past, maybe it doesn't.

the main thing i see when we're talking about the QBs is that manning is obviously being asked to shoulder a lot more of the team's load than grossman is. for the colts to win, manning basically has to carry the team on his back. for the bears to win, grossman has to make a few good plays, stay away from mistakes, and hope his defense can frustrate the colts. grossman has a LOT more margin for error, and a lot less pressure, IMO.

But anyone who thinks the Bears have some sort of edge at the QB position is a fool.

one thing going for rex and not for peyton, rex doesn't have to look across the line of scrimmage and see urlacher and briggs staring at him.

in no way shape or form do the bears have an advantage at qb. maybe they do have an advantage on both lines of scrimmage which can go a far way in deciding which qb looks better......don't you think??

one thing going for rex and not for peyton, rex doesn't have to look across the line of scrimmage and see urlacher and briggs staring at him.

in no way shape or form do the bears have an advantage at qb. maybe they do have an advantage on both lines of scrimmage which can go a far way in deciding which qb looks better......don't you think??

exactly. manning is the better player of the two clearly, but manning has the more daunting task in front of him today.

Very true.

I think the Colts OL vs Bears DL is a push; Bears OL is better than Colts DL when it comes to running, but if Indy can get Chi back on their heels a bit, they are FEARSOME pass rushers.

Bingo. If you are looking for a QB to choke in this game, Grossman is your guy. :D

If Dungy is smart, he'll pound away with Addai and Rhodes consistently. The Bears D is not as good as they were earlier in the year. If they try to put it all on Peyton, they will be in trouble.

:D

grossman has looked pretty good in these playoffs, and i really think the guy has the stones to step up and give a good account tomorrow. i don't see him "choking".

To be fair, I don't think Grossman "choked" - I think he played to what he is.

22/36 271 yds TD/INT ratio of 1.21, 1.42 TD/game 1.17 INT/game

Peyton Manning's average numbers in 12 career playoff games. Then you look at Manning's career record in big games dating back to college, when he couldn't beat Florida in his career. He has not thrown multiple TDs in a playoff game since 2004 and has thrown twice as many INTs as TDs since that time. The guy simply does not step up to the plate when the money is on the line.

The biggest difference being cited between IND & CHI by the pundits is the difference between Manning & Grossman. Grossman can match or exceed the numbers listed above, and if he can perform at a similar level to Manning, CHI wins the game. CHI's D can match IND's and their special teams are better.

Look for the upset by CHI and another addition to Manning's growing legend as a choker in big games.

ah the brilliance that is BB

:oldschoolsmiley:

For the millionth time...........TEAMS win/lose games. Hello McFlies, this aint tennis. Colts just proved it yet again.

I'm here to eat my crow. Manning had a good first half that would have been very good if he wouldn't have thrown an INT in the 1st drive or if he could have gotten his team into the end zone more than once. In the second half he didn't do much of anything at all, but that was a lot better than Turnoverasaurus Rex imploding and costing the Bears any chance of staying in the game.

All in all Manning played a solid game - hardly superb but enough to win. If CHI had even a mediocre QB (who could manage to handle a snap, much less throwing the ball downfield) & a coach with some brains the outcome probably would have been very different.

So my hat's off to Manning. I honestly thought Addai was a much better choice for MVP (which pains me since I thought he was the most probable bust of the top 5 rookie RBs before the season started) because he did a lot more for the team when they took control of the game than Manning did, but of course the golden boy had to carry away the trophy. He did what he had to to win - keep his team in the game in the first half and be pedestrian while Grossman pissed away the game in the 2nd half.

I wonder how Lovie feels about the 2nd & 1 3rd quarter pass play at midfield now, as well as having his best QB carrying a clipboard for the predominance of the season...

I'm here to eat my crow. Manning had a good first half that would have been very good if he wouldn't have thrown an INT in the 1st drive or if he could have gotten his team into the end zone more than once. In the second half he didn't do much of anything at all, but that was a lot better than Turnoverasaurus Rex imploding and costing the Bears any chance of staying in the game.

All in all Manning played a solid game - hardly superb but enough to win. If CHI had even a mediocre QB (who could manage to handle a snap, much less throwing the ball downfield) & a coach with some brains the outcome probably would have been very different.

So my hat's off to Manning. I honestly thought Addai was a much better choice for MVP (which pains me since I thought he was the most probable bust of the top 5 rookie RBs before the season started) because he did a lot more for the team when they took control of the game than Manning did, but of course the golden boy had to carry away the trophy. He did what he had to to win - keep his team in the game in the first half and be pedestrian while Grossman pissed away the game in the 2nd half.

I wonder how Lovie feels about the 2nd & 1 3rd quarter pass play at midfield now, as well as having his best QB carrying a clipboard for the predominance of the season...

Didnt Rhodes have better numbers than Addai?

Didnt Rhodes have better numbers than Addai?

Yeah, he did. I just thought Addai was the go-to guy when IND turned the game around in the 1st drive of the second half. That both Rhodes & Addai played well but split the rushing numbers between them, which really left the door open for Manning winning the MVP despite not turning in any kind of dominating performance. To be honest, it would have been nice to see the IND O-line win the MVP. THEY desrved gigantic props for their work in both the rushing & passing game.