[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So is Dent's not making it a surprise?

rocknrobn26

I think not. When he was on he was awesome, but he definitely had an inside switch that he would flip. He played many a game in slo-mo. Everyone in Chi talked about it, back when. Sooooooo...........

Is that what got him the no vote??? Comments please.

2nd best pass rusher of the 80s behind LT.

:D I'd have voted him in. Of course, I'd have voted quite a few people in that the current electors don't seem interested in enshrining (Jim Marshall, Jeff Van Note, Art Monk, Henry Ellard, Sterling Sharpe)

Don't know. I would have voted him, Marshall, Monk and Ray Guy in. Ray Guy changed the way games were played imo.

Sharpe was pretty dominant, but didn't play long enough to get in imo. T. Davis will probably suffer the same fate.

Sharpe was pretty dominant, but didn't play long enough to get in imo. T. Davis will probably suffer the same fate.

I'm just saying, given their dominance over that stretch, even a 30% dropoff in production with another 3-4 years coulda/woulda gotten them in.

They were CLEARLY the among the very best at their positions for a 3-4 year stretches that only ended due to injury.

I'm just saying, given their dominance over that stretch, even a 30% dropoff in production with another 3-4 years coulda/woulda gotten them in.

They were CLEARLY the among the very best at their positions for a 3-4 year stretches that only ended due to injury.

I think you have to perform at a high level over an extended career... While I love Sharpe and everything he did, I don't think he's HoF material, same as Terrell Davis... If they would have stayed healthy, there is no doubt in my mind that they would have went... The real problem is Art Monk... How is he not in? He has the numbers, chamionships... everything. Another thing... How is it that the Redskins franchise from the early 80-90's, the team that won all of those championships only have one player in the Hall?

I think you have to perform at a high level over an extended career...

...but the longer the career, the lower the level you have to perform at. Monk wasn't as dominant as Sharpe for nearly as long, but he was productive enough for long enough. Same with Charlie Joiner.

Good health, it seems, is a prerequisite for Hall election.