[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Home Invasion

Footballjoe

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, coons and oppossum like bits of meat, fruit, or cat/dog food. Problem with the live animal traps (at least in my experience) is that smaller animals like mice can get in and gooble up the bait without actually triggering the device.

There is a smaller trap for mice and squirrels. I figured that if the bait comes up missing it must be a smaller animal, then I would buy one of those traps.

There is a smaller trap for mice and squirrels. I figured that if the bait comes up missing it must be a smaller animal, then I would buy one of those traps.

If its a smaller animal (like mice) you can just poison them under the house. Obviously, if you've got kids or pets that can get to the poison, you don't want to do that. Also, you really, REALLY don't want to poison an oppossum or raccoon, as there is a good chance he'll crawl up somewhere hard to get, die, and then proceed to produce an unholy stink as he takes weeks to decompose. (Trust me: you want to avoid that smell).

Do you have access to a hound dog?

Edited by yo mama

Make sure you know you are dealing with a smaller animal before you switch to the smaller trap. I've seen racoons that really learn their way around a live trap and can sneak in and out well enough to not trip the door.

If its a smaller animal (like mice) you can just poison them under the house. Obviously, if you've got kids or pets that can get to the poison, you don't want to do that. Also, you really, REALLY don't want to poison an oppossum or raccoon, as there is a good chance he'll crawl up somewhere hard to get, die, and then proceed to produce an unholy stink as he takes weeks to decompose. (Trust me: you want to avoid that smell).

Do you have access to a hound dog?

My father-in-law developed a rat/mouse poison that will dessicate the corpse within hours, nullifying the stench factor. Stinkin FDA banned him from marketing it...;-)

EDIT: At least I THINK it was the FDA, could have been the EPA, or some other government acronym.

Edited by cre8tiff

My father-in-law developed a rat/mouse poison that will dessicate the corpse within hours, nullifying the stench factor. Stinkin FDA banned him from marketing it...;-)

EDIT: At least I THINK it was the FDA, could have been the EPA, or some other government acronym.

Your FIL work for the mob? Sounds like their kind of rat treatment.