[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade offer

fitzkek

I'm in a 4 man keeper that is PPR.

I offered Portis and a 2nd rounder for Wayne. I thought I was over paying enormously w/the draft pick. However, I stand corrected. He would absolutely not do this. His reasoning is Wayne is a TOP 5 WR :D and Portis is too injury prone. He also went on to say that there isn't anyone in the FIRST round available to replace what he'd lose in this deal. :D

Am I over reacting or is this person not worth trying to deal with?

Edited by fitzkek

since it's a keeper league, it depends on who he is keeping and what his needs are. Do you know who each team is keeping?

I'd be keeping 4 of these: Palmer, V.Young, Bush, Portis, R.Williams, Housh.

I'm guessing here, but I'm assuming he'll keep LT, Vick, Ward, Wayne, or Chester Taylor.

I'd be keeping 4 of these: Palmer, V.Young, Bush, Portis, R.Williams, Housh.

I'm guessing here, but I'm assuming he'll keep LT, Vick, Ward, Wayne, or Chester Taylor.

my guess is, since he already has LT, he wants to keep Wayne, who is his best receiver, so his team is more balanced, and then pick up another WR or RB in the first round

Why not look at some other WRs on other rosters? Are you just kind of banking on Wayne becoming even better once Harrison hangs em up?

Soemtimes owners have over-inflated values on the players that are on their own rosters (they have an emotional investment in those players doing well for them, so they become overly biased). This guy has shown his hand, and has pretty much drawn a line that takes away the power of another one of your offers. I would look for someone else to trade with.

Young was actually #2 QB in points, right behind P. Manning for the 2nd half of the season. Does he keep that up?? Good question. If your dead set on trying to get Wayne, a Palmer for Wayne might be interesting for both parties. He has Vick, I think Palmer is a good upgrade for him. Just depends on how much he believes in Vick next year.

Thing is, QB's actually score well in our league due to 6 pt. TD's.

Flawed thinking. As all QBs assumedly get 6 points for TDs, their value is hardly affected by this rule compared to 3 or 6 point TDs. If you gigure the difference in TDs from the #1 to the #12 guys is generally around say 12 TDs (random guess), that comes to 24 points more over the course of the season, or about 1.5 points per game, not a very significant boost in value.

Regarding the QBs, I'd probably be inclined to keep Palmer over Young, because as of now, he has better weapons and is a little more proven over multiple seasons. He is also still relatively young (no pun intended)

Flawed thinking. As all QBs assumedly get 6 points for TDs, their value is hardly affected by this rule compared to 3 or 6 point TDs. If you gigure the difference in TDs from the #1 to the #12 guys is generally around say 12 TDs (random guess), that comes to 24 points more over the course of the season, or about 1.5 points per game, not a very significant boost in value.

Regarding the QBs, I'd probably be inclined to keep Palmer over Young, because as of now, he has better weapons and is a little more proven over multiple seasons. He is also still relatively young (no pun intended)

How is getting 12 more TDs only earning 24 more points? In a 3 pt system that would be 36 more points and in a 6 pt system, which this is, that's a 72 pt swing, which would be an increase in team value from 2.25 (in a 3pter) per week to 4.5 pts (in a 6 pter) per week, No? :D

By the way look for another trading partner.

Edited by irish

Thanks for all the insight. I actually don't like Portis moving forward. The Betts signing really scares me. One owner offered Rudy Johnson for Portis basically straight up. I'm leaning towards pulling the trigger. Should I? Rudy isn't fantastic by any means, but he's consistent.

Again it's PPR, 1 pt per 10 yards rushing/receiving. 6 per TD.

Edited by fitzkek

Thanks for all the insight. I actually don't like Portis moving forward. The Betts signing really scares me. One owner offered Rudy Johnson for Portis basically straight up. I'm leaning towards pulling the trigger. Should I? Rudy isn't fantastic by any means, but he's consistent.

Again it's PPR, 1 pt per 10 yards rushing/receiving. 6 per TD.

If you're getting Rudi which by reading it right I think you are. Then I would take Rudi as he's got more of a shot to see the majority of time vs Portis who has Betts and injury issues to be concerned with.

If you're getting Rudi which by reading it right I think you are. Then I would take Rudi as he's got more of a shot to see the majority of time vs Portis who has Betts and injury issues to be concerned with.

Yes. I would be getting Rudy. I'm leaning in that direction.