[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone with Disney experience?

Mojo20

Just have a few questions for those of you in the know.

Does anyone know if there are discounts for parkhopper passes anywhere?

Is MGM appropriate for 4 and 3 year olds (both boys)?

and

Where would Power Rangers be located in the Disney Parks?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. The wife and I are having trouble locating this info on the web so I figured I would consult the Huddle group mind for some answers. Sometimes I swear there is more collective info here then anywhere else on the web.

The best thing to do is visit Mousesavers. You can get most of your questions answered there. Also read their discounted tickets area, they are very informative (basically if you come across a GREAT discount it's probably BS or tied to some sales activity). The broker they link to is called undercovertourist.com. Discounts are small (I saved $19 each on a 5 day ticket for 4 of us). Also check out their rental car promotional codes if you plan on renting one. Saved me $160 for the week. :D

I'm not too much help on the power ranger stuff. Go to Disney's site and check out each park. You'll get a feel for the appropriate age. IIRC, MGM was fun when we took our daughter who was 5 at the time.

Parkhopper discounts are relatively tough to come by. You could join AAA and order through them, that could save you a few bucks.

How long are you going for? Your kids are pretty small to be going and could become pretty overwhelmed by it all. Don't try to do too much. You WON'T see everything..but they won't know they're missing out on anything so long as you don't get too stressed over it and you don't hype up all the things they're going to see before you get there. It's going to be crowded, so be prepared to wait in lines. Are you going to be staying inside the park or out? Strollers are an absolute must, no matter how energetic your kids are. You can get them through crowds faster that way, and if you've never been before, you'll be astonished at just how freakin' big the place is.

Mousesavers is a great site as is AllEarsNet

I would recommend staying in one of the onsite hotels, with kids that young. That way you can hit the park for a few hours early, go back to your room to decompress (eat lunch, hit the pool) and return to the park later, avoiding overwheming the little one's. We did this at Disneyland 2 years ago when my kids were 5 & 2, and it worked like a charm, total minimum of meltdowns.

We book a trip though a travel agency (odd, yes in today's world of the innernets) and got park-hoppers that way. Purchasing a package through a local agency saved us about 10% over the best deal we found online. That package also netted us free transportation all week - something that was an additinal charge with most internet packages. :D

From what I've read this is a very risky way to do it. Hit or miss. A bunch of unscrupulous folks selling partial tickets, etc.

It is, pretty much like anyother auction on ebay, you need to make sure you read the entire description, especially the fine print. But if you can find a legit auction (there are a lot of them that are perfectly fine), you can end up saving a ton of money. When we went, I bought tickets for 5 adults and 1 child at about 50% off the regular price. If you do decide to go this route I would be sure to have them shipped to you, rather than pick them up there. Also make sure you give yourself plenty of time to get the tickts in hand.

We just visited Disney World (FLA) this past summer. We bought our tickets at the gate rather than "discounts" elsewhere. From people we know in Fla there are a lot of scammers out there. I do not recommend Hopper passes. If you are going to stay more than 4 days you are better off getting a pass for that many days. here's why:

1 day ticket $75

2 day ticket $140

3 day ticket $200

4 day ticket $205

5 day ticket $210

I just made up the prices but you get the idea. Afer 3 days you almost go for free after that. Also when you buy your tickets at the gate the "Fast Pass" is included. If you are not familiar with the FP, it allows you to go to a seperate line ahead of everyone who does not have one. Also you can get your FP ticket and come back to that ride durung the time its says if that linr is long. In the meantime you can do something else. Usually, the cost of a FP is like $30 if you do not buy your tickets at the gate.

Here is another personal tip I can give you. If there is a ride that the kids are to small for, but either you or the Mrs. wants to ride, you can go in the back line that is for one riders only. My wife was pregnant when we went so that meant she could relly ride much. I did the whole park (all the big stuff) in about an hour and a half.

We just visited Disney World (FLA) this past summer. We bought our tickets at the gate rather than "discounts" elsewhere. From people we know in Fla there are a lot of scammers out there. I do not recommend Hopper passes. If you are going to stay more than 4 days you are better off getting a pass for that many days. here's why:

1 day ticket $75

2 day ticket $140

3 day ticket $200

4 day ticket $205

5 day ticket $210

I just made up the prices but you get the idea. Afer 3 days you almost go for free after that. Also when you buy your tickets at the gate the "Fast Pass" is included. If you are not familiar with the FP, it allows you to go to a seperate line ahead of everyone who does not have one. Also you can get your FP ticket and come back to that ride durung the time its says if that linr is long. In the meantime you can do something else. Usually, the cost of a FP is like $30 if you do not buy your tickets at the gate.

You should check at Mousesavers to verify the pricing. Also, if you price the tickets online through wdw.com it shows you that the break point in days is 4. Park hopping is important, especially if you have small kids, since you might want to do 1/2 day one place, go back to the hotel for lunch and rest and then off to another for the remainder of the day.

You should check at Mousesavers to verify the pricing. Also, if you price the tickets online through wdw.com it shows you that the break point in days is 4. Park hopping is important, especially if you have small kids, since you might want to do 1/2 day one place, go back to the hotel for lunch and rest and then off to another for the remainder of the day.

I guess it depends on your situation. I found Park Hopping to be overpriced and a time waster. However, if you are not staying but for a few days and you want to go to all the Parks you may need it. IMO however, you would be better off staying in one Park per day.

As far as the Disney Characters are concerned, they were rarely seen mixing with the crowd. There were certain times of the day that certain ones would come out and you would have to get in line to get your picture takin with them. I heard there was a way to see more but you had to set it up in advance and it cost. That was not a big issue for us since my kids are in their late teens.