[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any electronic whizzes around?

Ziachild007

I have an APEX DVD/VCR combo player in my daughters room that is giving me some fits. It has been working fine for the past year or so, until about a week ago. I can get perfectly good audio/video out of the VCR side, but I can only get audio when the DVD side is hooked up. I tried all of the cables (AV, coax, and Svideo) but none seem to be helping any. Is it common for just the video part to go out like that? Anyone have a problem similar to this or have any idea what might be wrong? :D

TIA

I have an APEX DVD/VCR combo player in my daughters room that is giving me some fits. It has been working fine for the past year or so, until about a week ago. I can get perfectly good audio/video out of the VCR side, but I can only get audio when the DVD side is hooked up. I tried all of the cables (AV, coax, and Svideo) but none seem to be helping any. Is it common for just the video part to go out like that? Anyone have a problem similar to this or have any idea what might be wrong? :D

TIA

The real benefit to Apex DVD players is that they will play any kind of disk... DVR-R, DVD-RW, CD-R, Jpeg disks, mp3 disks... their compatibility has beat high-end Sony, Samsung, and Toshiba for years.

They also cost $40.

But... you will have to buy a new one every year or so. The connectors fail, or the motors quit... they also have a marginally higher rate of DOA units.

But, at that price, who cares. I love Apex equipment.

And to put the final nail in the coffin, just go buy another one. Losts of things fail on them because they are cheap. But on the bright side, they are inexpensive to replace. Don't try and get it fixed, most places will charge you more than the unit is worth just to look at it.

first take it apart and see if you can fix it yourself

Yep...make sure you buy a lab coat and some beakers to really worry the Mrs. Then when you can't fix it, display the parts on a bookcase and label them. Or do I just do that?

Yep...make sure you buy a lab coat and some beakers to really worry the Mrs. Then when you can't fix it, display the parts on a bookcase and label them. Or do I just do that?

no no the key is to take it apart, then put it back together and see how many extra parts you have... :D