[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My latest project - kicking off this weekend

Duchess Jack

I had a party this last weekend, and one thing I did was rent an arcade machine for it. Pretty cool. It had like 50+ old school arcade games. Well - I was talking to the guy while setting it up and he took off the back panel and took out a dell keyboard and mouse to set it up. It was at that point that I got to thinking, 'I could do this' $200 to rent a machine for the night - but I am thinking that I could build one for $500 or less.

Seems easy enough...

...and some games

So it just ran a MAME emulator on a PC under the cabinet?

More or less. You need the PC, the TV, the cabinet and a devise that translates buttons and joysticks to keystrokes on a keyboard. There is also a front page program thats freeware that'll show all the games, screenshots and whatnot.

On behalf of Whomper, Nogohawk, Brewer, and the other local huddler's, I'd like to thank you for the invite. :D

I did tivo the dropping of the ball :D

should be more than enough to do... beyond the music, just looking for details now... buddy mentioned ample air freshener for the bathroom... I have a can or two.. but I never would have thought to stock up

heck, if any of you cats are local.. and you're a reletive regular, drop a line...

It was a blast. Pool, Darts, Shuffleboard, Beer Pong and way way too much drink and food. I would have loved to have you cats. I should be having another some time in May

It was a blast. Pool, Darts, Shuffleboard, Beer Pong and way way too much drink and food. I would have loved to have you cats. I should be having another some time in May

Musta missed that one, but I think we may have been a little busy having a baby. :D

I had a party this last weekend, and one thing I did was rent an arcade machine for it. Pretty cool. It had like 50+ old school arcade games. Well - I was talking to the guy while setting it up and he took off the back panel and took out a dell keyboard and mouse to set it up. It was at that point that I got to thinking, 'I could do this' $200 to rent a machine for the night - but I am thinking that I could build one for $500 or less.

Seems easy enough...

...and some games

A guy I used to work with back in NY built 2 of them for his basement. They were actually pretty cool to play. Don't know if he still has them or not. He's got pics and a description of how he did it on his web site.

Here's the article on his site: MAME Arcades

Edited by BiggieFries

All the more reason for me to have another!! I renovated two bathrooms leading up to this one and painted nearly every room. The next one'll be nice as all I have to worry about is cleaning up, cooking and getting drink. We managed a good 35 people last time and could certainly add a good dozen more.

As if I needed more motivation to do it again. :D