[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

al bore is really conserving

dmarc117

POWER: GORE MANSION USES 20X AVERAGE HOUSEHOLD; CONSUMPTION INCREASE AFTER 'TRUTH'

Mon Feb 26 2007 17:16:14 ET

Nashville Electric Service/Gore House

High 22619 kWh Aug – Sept

Low 12541 kWh Jan - Feb

Average: 18,414 kWh per month

High 20532 Sept - October

Low 12955 Feb - March

Average: 16,200 kWh per month

Bill amounts

2006 – $895.60 (low) $1738.52 (high) $1359 (average)

2005 – $853.91 (low) $1461 (high)

Nashville Gas Company

Main House

2006 – $990(high) $170 (low) $536 (average)

2005 – $1080 (high) $200 (low) $640 (average)

Guest House/Pool House

2006 – $820 (high) $70 (low) $544 (average)

2005 – $1025 (high) $25 (low) $525 (average)

The Tennessee Center for Policy Research, an independent, nonprofit and nonpartisan research organization, issued a press release late Monday:

Last night, Al Gore’s global-warming documentary, An Inconvenient Truth, collected an Oscar for best documentary feature, but the Tennessee Center for Policy Research has found that Gore deserves a gold statue for hypocrisy.

Gore’s mansion, [20-room, eight-bathroom] located in the posh Belle Meade area of Nashville, consumes more electricity every month than the average American household uses in an entire year, according to the Nashville Electric Service (NES).

In his documentary, the former Vice President calls on Americans to conserve energy by reducing electricity consumption at home.

The average household in America consumes 10,656 kilowatt-hours (kWh) per year, according to the Department of Energy. In 2006, Gore devoured nearly 221,000 kWh—more than 20 times the national average.

Last August alone, Gore burned through 22,619 kWh—guzzling more than twice the electricity in one month than an average American family uses in an entire year. As a result of his energy consumption, Gore’s average monthly electric bill topped $1,359.

Since the release of An Inconvenient Truth, Gore’s energy consumption has increased from an average of 16,200 kWh per month in 2005, to 18,400 kWh per month in 2006.

Gore’s extravagant energy use does not stop at his electric bill. Natural gas bills for Gore’s mansion and guest house averaged $1,080 per month last year.

“As the spokesman of choice for the global warming movement, Al Gore has to be willing to walk to walk, not just talk the talk, when it comes to home energy use,” said Tennessee Center for Policy Research President Drew Johnson.

In total, Gore paid nearly $30,000 in combined electricity and natural gas bills for his Nashville estate in 2006.

:D

probably compares to this one

seriously... they article does point out to what appears to be hypocracy - but I wonder if it simple takes that much juice to run a house (and guest house apparently) like that. Also... how many people are living in the house (house staff, security, etc.) It might be unfair to compair it to an average household. Now - I am not being an apologist as I thing that everyone needs to do their part - but it seems like compairing his 'compound' to an average house is a bit much. Its kind of like knocking him for using more toilet paper then your normal household.

seriously... they article does point out to what appears to be hypocracy - but I wonder if it simple takes that much juice to run a house (and guest house apparently) like that. Also... how many people are living in the house (house staff, security, etc.) It might be unfair to compair it to an average household. Now - I am not being an apologist as I thing that everyone needs to do their part - but it seems like compairing his 'compound' to an average house is a bit much. Its kind of like knocking him for using more toilet paper then your normal household.

i agree with you. but if he was truly a green machine like he says, why live in such a large, lush palace. live modestly and conserve energy.

i agree with you. but if he was truly a green machine like he says, why live in such a large, lush palace. live modestly and conserve energy.

Okay... but being who he is... he certainly needs folk at the house... crazy security systems and whatnot. It would be hard for him to downgrade. I mean - sure he could - but there is no way he could ever downgrade to the average American household (again, need for security and secret service alone).

I wonder how many people live there full time. I wonder how much electricity they would be using otherwise if they lived elsewhere. I wonder how many people exactly work there (between the 2 plus houses and likely a horsebarn and whatnot) and how much electricity they would use otherwise during an average workday (lights, computers, heat)

Okay... but being who he is... he certainly needs folk at the house... crazy security systems and whatnot. It would be hard for him to downgrade. I mean - sure he could - but there is no way he could ever downgrade to the average American household (again, need for security and secret service alone).

I wonder how many people live there full time. I wonder how much electricity they would be using otherwise if they lived elsewhere. I wonder how many people exactly work there (between the 2 plus houses and likely a horsebarn and whatnot) and how much electricity they would use otherwise during an average workday (lights, computers, heat)

He doesnt have to live in a palatial estate in the richest community in the entire state. He is preaching conservation but living to the far extreme. And Edwards doesnt have to build a new 28,000 square foot compound on land that was wooded. Just more hypocrisy from the far left...

Well I for one can't take this guy seriously. How can he complain about global warming when he is using electricity...this guy is a joke. He claims to be an environmentalist but yet he cooks with gas and uses hot water....the nerve of him. :D

And uses more resources in a week than most folks use in a year. Dont you think that is a tad extreme when he is the lefts spokesman for conservation? Get real assholio...

He doesnt have to live in a palatial estate in the richest community in the entire state. He is preaching conservation but living to the far extreme. And Edwards doesnt have to build a new 28,000 square foot compound on land that was wooded. Just more hypocrisy from the far left...

you might have a point about the overall size of things ((but again - we need to realize that the place is likely a place of business as well as a residence)). Knocking on him for living in the richest community is silly though and seems to have no baring on the conversation.

And uses more resources in a week than most folks use in a year. Dont you think that is a tad extreme when he is the lefts spokesman for conservation? Get real assholio...

I believe they quote was - more in a month than a year.... but can you deny the fact that the place needs to be large for secretaries, cleaning and cooking staff and security? Can you deny that more people need to live there than in an average household? Can you deny that this is a place of business for many people and that if they worked elsewhere, they'd be using electricity there? Again, I bring up ((senetor, VP and all)) that this guy needs a kick ass security system which has to take up some juice. I see where you all are coming from - but the numbers 20x are simply not realistic. They're compairing apples to orangatans.

Edited by Duchess Jack

you might have a point about the overall size of things ((but again - we need to realize that the place is likely a place of business as well as a residence)). Knocking on him for living in the richest community is silly though and seems to have no baring on the conversation.

All I am saying is these guys preach conservation to us, but they go to the far extreme in wasting resources. And these are their private residences, not places of business.

Well I for one can't take this guy seriously. How can he complain about global warming when he is using electricity...this guy is a joke. He claims to be an environmentalist but yet he cooks with gas and uses hot water....the nerve of him. :D

:D nice try....more musings from the land of hyprocrisy

I am shocked that anyone would even attempt to defend this hypocrisy. Especially those on the far left chanting about global warming the loudest...

still waiting for an answer. and I want to bring up that what he is doing now, educating people and opening there eyes to a big problem (I have to believe that he believes what he is preaching, even if you don't) goes far further in addressing the problem, then the additional electricity it might take to get his message across, adds to the problem.

I am not saying that there isn't hypocracy in this, but that the numbers are crazilly flawed.

oh, and....

Obama/Gore 2008!!!

Edited by Duchess Jack

still waiting for an answer. and I want to bring up that what he is doing now, educating people and opening there eyes to a big problem (I have to believe that he believes what he is preaching, even if you don't) goes far further in addressing the problem, then the additional electricity it might take to get his message across, adds to the problem.

I am not saying that there isn't hypocracy in this, but that the numbers are crazilly flawed.

oh, and....

Obama/Gore 2008!!!

im not positive, but im pretty sure the head of the american lung association doesnt smoke. gore could very easily live in a smaller place. he probably is never there anyways due to his crusade.