[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

1.1 pick-Rookie Draft for Dynasty League.

I'm leaning towards Peterson, but I always check the boards before pulling the trigger. Our draft is five rounds and won't start for a few months, but I wanted to get some opinions on who to pick up in the rookie draft to help out my current squad.

-Should I grab Peterson at 1.1 (I know, crazy question, but I have to ask :D)

-I'm really weak at QB, are there any quality QBs in the draft that you see being around in the second round if I take Peterson first?

We are a 12 team, standard scoring PPR league and here is my current roster.

Anderson, Derek CLE QB

Garrard, David JAC QB

Leftwich, Byron JAC QB

Losman, J.P. BUF QB

Simms, Chris TBB QB

Addai, Joseph IND RB

Bell, Mike DEN RB

Gado, Samkon HOU RB

Griffith, Justin ATL RB

Jones, Julius DAL RB

Lewis, Jamal BAL RB

Wali Lundy Hou RB

Michael Robinson RB

Clayton, Mark BAL WR

Clayton, Michael TBB WR

Evans, Lee BUF WR

Jones, Matt JAC WR

Mason, Derrick BAL WR

Moss, Santana WAS WR

Williams, Demetrius BAL WR

Crumpler, Alge ATL TE

Gonzalez, Tony KCC TE

Gould, Robbie CHI PK

Jaguars, Jacksonville JAC Def

Thanks,

:D

Edited by Yannick Noah

So much of this depends on where he goes. But, given that you are not particularly strong at any position, I amy consider trading the pick to solidify yourself at other positions. Maybe you can deal the pick for multiple players that would be starters for you.

You certainly need help at QB, RB is unimpressive, though could be helped if Jamal lands somewhere or if Rhodes leaves Indy, and WR has no clear cut #1 fantasy WR (some decent #2WR types like Mason and Evans). TE is solid.

It's early. I would field offers for the pick, see what comes in. See where players go in the draft. Then, you may be presented ith an opportunity to maybe move down in the draft int oa position where you may be able to still pick up one of the 2nd tier of rookie RBs, and pick up a player that will start for you at QB or WR as well.

Wow.

You've been listening way too much about "experts" who spout about potential, rather than going out & getting players that actually play & put up stats.

If I were you, I'd start fielding offers from everyone - and look carefully at the vets that are offered. You need a lot of help, my friend. Take it if it is offered. With the weakness on your squad, if you keep the 1.01 & take Peterson, and then maybe a guy like Stanton with 2.01, Peterson will be retired before you ever get the rest of your roster up to speed.

the 1.01 (Peterson) is drawing tremendous interest in FF (and rightfully so). Take advanatge of that.

You need a lot of help, my friend. Take it if it is offered. With the weakness on your squad, if you keep the 1.01 & take Peterson, and then maybe a guy like Stanton with 2.01, Peterson will be retired before you ever get the rest of your roster up to speed.

the 1.01 (Peterson) is drawing tremendous interest in FF (and rightfully so). Take advanatge of that.

:D Wise words. :D

You need a lot of help, my friend. Take it if it is offered. With the weakness on your squad, if you keep the 1.01 & take Peterson, and then maybe a guy like Stanton with 2.01, Peterson will be retired before you ever get the rest of your roster up to speed.

Agreed, but a big question now is...what kind of value should I expect for that number one pick. I'm not crazy about the offers that I have been receiving......

Chad Johnson for Jamal Lewis and pick 1.1.

Marion Barber and Plax for my my 2007 1.1 pick and my 2008 1st round pick (I thought that this sounded crazy, but that was what I was offered.)

Fred Taylor and Aaron Rodgers for my 1.1. pick :D

What players should I target for a trade? Once again, thanks everybody for the input.

Edited by Yannick Noah

Agreed, but a big question now is...what kind of value should I expect for that number one pick. I'm not crazy about the offers that I have been receiving......

Marion Barber and Plax for my my 2007 1.1 pick and my 2008 1st round pick (I thought that this sounded crazy, but that was what I was offered.)

What players should I target for a trade? Once again, thanks everybody for the input.

4 one find a brick and slap those players that even offered that to you. It almost looks like you wont get a fair trade and have to stay put.

So your leaguemates have you targeted as an easy screw job and are lowballing you. Those offers are laughable, to be honest, and you ought to be insulted.

I've seen Chad Johnson go straight up for the 1.01 in dynasty leagues already. That seems like a pretty fair deal in a ppr league.

However, looking at your roster, you're looking for a multi-player deal. You want proven guys who can make some impact but might be below the radar a bit. You could talk to the MB III owner - even though he tried to screw you. If you could get hold of MB III, chances are in 2 years or so you'll have 2 starting caliber RBs, because one of MB III & J Jones are going to be unhappy sharing the load. Right now MB III's value is as a low #2/decent #3 RB in FF. You need to get more for your 2007 1.01 pick than Barber.

Peterson is projecting as an immmediate top 10 RB - depending upon where he lands, of course. His combine was spectacular - all his measuareables were outstanding, which enhances his value. Counter with your 1.01 & Derrick Mason for Barber & Plax - and no talk of including your '08 1st rounder is tolerated!. That would be fair & give you a solid WR corps while providing future depth at RB.

You've got some significant QB issues. Another way to go would be to package the 1.01 for a vet QB who isn't perceived as very good - Garcia & Kitna come immediately to mind - and get a #1 WR or a good #2 RB with the deal. Losman may have had the light go on in the 2nd half of last season, but the rest of your guys are bums. Again - look at a guy like Stanton or Edwards with your 2.01, but you'll need some immediate help to compete.

BTW - get over your infatuation with BAL. McNair is gettinbg real long in the tooth, their running game is in trouble, and they don't have anyone developing behind McNair. They are a team that looks like they are heading into a serious down period for their O, and their D is getting older and/or they are losing top young guys in FA.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Try to get a multi player deal, if you can't work out anything like that, then trade down try to get a 1st and 2nd rounder for the 1.1. You can probably find someone to give you a 1.7 and 2.7 for it or something like that. Grab the best available RB with the 1.7, grab Stanton with the 2.1 and take a WR (they are fairly deep this year) with the 2.7.