[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dillon a free man

PantherDave

Amazing that guys like Dillon and Jamal Lewis who it seems like not long ago were capable of HUGH games are now without a team and without a ton of interest in them. Time flies.

Dillon wanted to 'retire', so he got his wish.

They are running backs with lots o miles on them. They'll get interest in the form of 1-2 year deals without a lot of guaranteed money. Jamal will most likely be back with the Ravens as they've already said 1 year/$2 mil is what they are willing to do.

Amazing that guys like Dillon and Jamal Lewis who it seems like not long ago were capable of HUGH games are now without a team and without a ton of interest in them. Time flies.

Well, that and that the roster bonus these guys are all set to get isn't worth it. Might as well release them and let them see that that kind of money isn't out there for them anymore and they might come back.

open the checkbook and sign dominic rhodes! now!

I'm not sure that you want him, given that you guys already have Maroney and that Rhodes will almost certainly be over-priced. Rhodes was very good in the playoffs, but wasn't very good at all during the regular season. He looked like he was running with cinder blocks for shoes at times. I think that the Pats would be better off spending a 2nd- or 3rd-round pick on a younger, cheaper, and potentially more durable halfback.

Edited by Bill Swerski

I'm not sure that you want him, given that you guys already have Maroney and that Rhodes will almost certainly be over-priced. Rhodes was very good in the playoffs, but wasn't very good at all during the regular season. He looked like he was running with cinder blocks for shoes at times. I think that the Pats would be better off spending a 2nd- or 3rd-round pick on a younger, cheaper, and potentially more durable halfback.

i personally like the guy...and think hed be a perfect compliment to maroney....

i do wish he was a bit bulkier...like a deshawn wynn, dwayne wright, tony hunt,chris henry type

i think id just be much more comfortable with a veteran...but yer right...the cost might not really be worth it...

i personally like the guy...and think hed be a perfect compliment to maroney....

i do wish he was a bit bulkier...like a deshawn wynn, dwayne wright, tony hunt,chris henry type

i think id just be much more comfortable with a veteran...but yer right...the cost might not really be worth it...

I imagine that Rhodes will be able to command $3 million/year after what he did in the Super Bowl. That's a lot of money to spend on a second-string halfback. But I agree that his between-the-tackles style would compliment Maroney's speed/slashing style well.

I imagine that Rhodes will be able to command $3 million/year after what he did in the Super Bowl. That's a lot of money to spend on a second-string halfback. But I agree that his between-the-tackles style would compliment Maroney's speed/slashing style well.

yeah maroney is the guy that they need to get outside and let him cut back through a hole...using zone blocking...and they need that between the tackles kinda guy...

those 4 guys i listed...i think could present good value...wright, hunt,wynn, and henry...all stocky 225 plus pound hammers

but i myself would probably prefer the veteran presence...second string? eh..i think of it more as 1a and 1b...id probaly have no problem with giving dom 4 years and 3 per

yeah maroney is the guy that they need to get outside and let him cut back through a hole...using zone blocking...and they need that between the tackles kinda guy...

those 4 guys i listed...i think could present good value...wright, hunt,wynn, and henry...all stocky 225 plus pound hammers

but i myself would probably prefer the veteran presence...second string? eh..i think of it more as 1a and 1b...id probaly have no problem with giving dom 4 years and 3 per

I say just draft someone, on the second day. With Maroney getting 18-20 carries, Faulk catching balls, Evans getting a carry or three, I'm happy with the backs. In fact, I was in the camp that wanted them to sit Dillon this past year and run Maroney with the other two. I'll get my wish, just a year late.

If we're going to open the checkbook, I'd rather it be for A.Thomas or a WR (Stallworth, Engram :D) as opposed to a RB that's going to get only 10 carries a game or so.

I say just draft someone, on the second day. With Maroney getting 18-20 carries, Faulk catching balls, Evans getting a carry or three, I'm happy with the backs. In fact, I was in the camp that wanted them to sit Dillon this past year and run Maroney with the other two. I'll get my wish, just a year late.

If we're going to open the checkbook, I'd rather it be for A.Thomas or a WR (Stallworth, Engram :D) as opposed to a RB that's going to get only 10 carries a game or so.

i hear ya...and id love adalius too...but lets say it falls through... and they miss the boat on a couple other guys they might have wanted to land...there could be money sitting there

they need a guy who can run between the tackles...and i think it should be a veteran type...as i said...i think theres some value in guys like tony hunt, dwayne wright, chris henry, and deshawn wynn...guys with those type of bodies that can probably be had in between rounds 2-4

alot of it is going to depend on how it goes early in free agency and what need are met

our needs can be so easily filled with an aging veteran that can play a role and play it well, that there is no need to throw away a draft pick on RB. also you never know if the rookie can step in and give you what you need at the position or how quickly he can get up to speed

and the pats did bring in sammy morris for a visit

i hear ya...and id love adalius too...but lets say it falls through... and they miss the boat on a couple other guys they might have wanted to land...there could be money sitting there

they need a guy who can run between the tackles...and i think it should be a veteran type...as i said...i think theres some value in guys like tony hunt, dwayne wright, chris henry, and deshawn wynn...guys with those type of bodies that can probably be had in between rounds 2-4

alot of it is going to depend on how it goes early in free agency and what need are met

our needs can be so easily filled with an aging veteran that can play a role and play it well, that there is no need to throw away a draft pick on RB. also you never know if the rookie can step in and give you what you need at the position or how quickly he can get up to speed

and the pats did bring in sammy morris for a visit

I just don't think the Pats are going to, or should, spend money just because they have it. They didn't get to this point having the money based on giving out hugh contracts to free agents. They give out smaller contracts to aging guys who have little other suitors. Coming off his post season performance, I don't think Rhodes will be good value. I'd rather have a guy like Sammy Morris, he'll do pretty much the same thing, can catch the ball better, and will cost a hole lot less. Or I'll take a 4th round flier on a big body, that'll still come cheaply. We're not looking for a 1000 yard back, just a guy to beat on the opposing D a little and let Maroney catch his breathe. Rhodes is too expensive for that role.

I just don't think the Pats are going to, or should, spend money just because they have it. They didn't get to this point having the money based on giving out hugh contracts to free agents. They give out smaller contracts to aging guys who have little other suitors. Coming off his post season performance, I don't think Rhodes will be good value. I'd rather have a guy like Sammy Morris, he'll do pretty much the same thing, can catch the ball better, and will cost a hole lot less. Or I'll take a 4th round flier on a big body, that'll still come cheaply. We're not looking for a 1000 yard back, just a guy to beat on the opposing D a little and let Maroney catch his breathe. Rhodes is too expensive for that role.

Rhodes goes to the NY Giants